PDA

View Full Version : tesco no work there then

compo
17-Jul-06, 20:43
well today i phoned barr at their paisley office looking for work on the new tesco site i was given the number of the site office ans spoke to the lady there nice lady. any way the upshot is not many locals will be employed in the construction they have a list and i was duely added aparently tesco have their owm sub contractors that they bring in :-( is this because they feel that by building the store in the first place that they have done their bit as to providing employment ??

gleeber
17-Jul-06, 20:51
is this because they feel that by building the store in the first place that they have done their bit as to providing employment ??
I think it's more likely an experience thing compo. These guys seem to be working on a tight schedule, and it's likely they throw these units up, all over the country. It's likely they will be employing a few locals once the groundworks done. Mind you, I imagine they will be ruthless, and if your not up to it, they will bury you in the next big pour of concrete.:~(

rainbow
17-Jul-06, 22:16
There is some local lads being taken on as joiners - I think they just went out to the site - went directly to the head guy and asked if there was a job to be had. It may not be a long term job but it is better than nothing, and it may lead to more work at other Tesco new builds, if the guys are willing to move around the UK.