PDA

View Full Version : My Son Lost his Mobile Phone

Martin England
10-Sep-10, 18:52
Can any one HELP
This afternoon my 12 year old son lost his mobile phone on the school bus,
Thurso to Reay service.
Its a Sony Ericsson C510 in white with 2 red stripes down the sides, he only got it last Sunday :~(
We have contacted the bus depot, but no joy yet
We have also text the phone with our contact details
If anybody find please get intouch as our boy is very upset

Martin

Sage
10-Sep-10, 18:55
Martin....phone the police station too if you havent already.

Last year I almost ran over a phone with my car outside of Riverbank Surgery...picked it up and just didnt think but went straight to the police. It belonged to a Thurso High pupil and she must have got it back the next day.

It may be that a kid has picked it up, but within the next few days could be handed in.

Hope he gets it back!

S x

Martin England
10-Sep-10, 19:11
Martin....phone the police station too if you havent already.

Sorry should have said.
We have phoned Thurso police and will take in all serial number details in the morning

Martin

Mik.M.
10-Sep-10, 19:32
If the driver finds it he will hand it in to the office but if one of the other kids has it then you may not see it again.

manloveswife
10-Sep-10, 19:44
It must be catching, our boy left his on the bus yesterday as well, same service (Thurso / Reay).

One of the other lads had picked it up though and answered when he rang it, he got it back today.

Have you tried ringing it?

Hope you get it back, most of the kids on that run are pretty good really so there is hope.

Martin England
10-Sep-10, 19:49
He was the last off the bus at Reay

The bus then turned round and collected Dounreay workers.

So i'm hoping some honest person finds it.

We have tried to call the phone but its on silent mode.

Fingers crossed

Martin

AliciaMackinnon
10-Sep-10, 21:00
awww shame!!! Iv left my mobile all sorts of places but hav always got it back!!! Hope your boy gets it back soon!!

Good Luck!!!!!

joxville
10-Sep-10, 21:14
Good luck in getting it back.

If you don't get it back I have the same phone that I don't use that he could have for free. I got it last year when I renewed my contract with Orange, used it for 1 week then went back to using my old phone, the C510's buttons are too small for my liking. It has the Orange logo on it but I've used it with other sim cards so should be okay for your son to use.

PM me your address if you want the phone.

Martin England
10-Sep-10, 21:37

If you don't get it back I have the same phone that I don't use that he could have for free. I got it last year when I renewed my contract with Orange, used it for 1 week then went back to using my old phone, the C510's buttons are too small for my liking. It has the Orange logo on it but I've used it with other sim cards so should be okay for your son to use.

That is so very kind off you.
You have just made a 12 year old boy so very happy.
What makes it worse for him. its his first proper phone and he only had it for 5 days and was so happy with it.

If we dont get the phone back i will pm you, THANK YOU
We are keeping our fingers crossed that it will be handed in

Martin

Dog-eared
10-Sep-10, 21:54
Ring it and ask for it back.:)

Sorry, just realised it's on silent mode.

Martin England
10-Sep-10, 22:07
Ring it and ask for it back.:)

Tried many times no joy, no answer

Martin

buggyracer
10-Sep-10, 22:14
txt the phone explaining its a young boys pride and joy, whoever has it may have a concience and hand it in? :confused

Martin England
10-Sep-10, 22:18
txt the phone explaining its a young boys pride and joy, whoever has it may have a concience and hand it in? :confused

We have done that too, complete with all our contact details.

Martin

RIR
10-Sep-10, 22:26

Well done to you :D

Ian.

Hoida
11-Sep-10, 11:17
What avery kind gesture from Joxville, the world would be a better place if more people followed her example:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
11-Sep-10, 13:54
What avery kind gesture from Joxville, the world would be a better place if more people followed her example:lol:

LOL I can just see jox in a skirt !! :eek:

She is a He and yes its a lovely gesture. :D

Bazeye
11-Sep-10, 14:01

Something to tell us Joxville? ;)

ShelleyCowie
11-Sep-10, 14:07
She is a He

You sure? [lol]

Happy Guy
11-Sep-10, 20:47

What a nice thing to do Jox! That is what I would call the TRUE spirit of the Org. Well done

Martin England
11-Sep-10, 21:22
What a nice thing to do Jox! That is what I would call the TRUE spirit of the Org. Well done

100% agree, very nice of Jox

Still no joy. No one has handed the phone in yet.

The phone still rings. Does this mean the sim cards still in the phone?

Margaret M.
12-Sep-10, 00:56

Just when we think you couldn't possibly be any sweeter...........

Geo
12-Sep-10, 15:26
Is it PAYG? If not you need to let the network know as you will be responsible for the bill if someone is using it. You can also get the phone blocked using its IMEI code so it can't be used.

Martin England
13-Sep-10, 16:17
:) Good news. :)

He asked the driver on the bus and he had found it on Friday.
So phone now returned to a very happy 12 year old.
Thank you to you all for your help, and thank you to Joxville for your kind offer

Martin

Alice in Blunderland
13-Sep-10, 16:44
:) Good news. :)

He asked the driver on the bus and he had found it on Friday.
So phone now returned to a very happy 12 year old.
Thank you to you all for your help, and thank you to Joxville for your kind offer

Martin

Excellent news Im so happy for you :D

Now we would like to hear good news about the camera lens next.

Martin England
13-Sep-10, 16:57
Now we would like to hear good news about the camera lens next.

Lens is now posted, hope to hear in few days :~(