PDA

View Full Version : Kids TRYING to go to school safely!!!

Scarybiscuits03
09-Sep-10, 22:26
I was dropping my daughter off at Mt Pleasant this morn and was shocked by the way some people cycle/drive around.

After letting my daughter out of the car I proceeded to drive off and noticed a number of kids waiting to cross the road (at the crossing area). I stopped the car to allow the kids to get across and so did the driver on the opposite side - only for a cyclist and a car to then overtake me and zigzag between our cars and over the crossing! It was a miracle that no kids were run down.
Are people really in that much of a hurry that they'd risk having an accident in order to get to their destination a few seconds sooner?[evil]

changilass
09-Sep-10, 22:33
You should have taken their reg number and reported them to the police.

Scarybiscuits03
09-Sep-10, 22:35
Well I was so shocked they had gone by the time i thought about it - Im sure they also drop kids off though so I will get it!

bobman
09-Sep-10, 22:52
that will be on CCTV, go to the police station

Bobbin
09-Sep-10, 23:01
What crossings are you speaking about?

Scarybiscuits03
10-Sep-10, 12:50
They have allocated crossing points for the kids, marked on the road in Castle terrace and along other routes to school. It was the crossing point in Castle Terrace before they get to the school crossing patrol. Im aware that there is no legal requirement to stop there but surely you shouldn't drive across it when the car in front has stopped to allow the kids across......

ashaw1
10-Sep-10, 14:19
To be honest it's not only the drivers that are at fault. I take my son to school via Francis Street in Wick every morning and the road sense of the high school children is terrible. In the last few days alone i have had a number of children (and not necessarily the younger ones) stepping off the pavement while talking to mates, blatantly trying to cross the road among moving traffic and stepping out behind cars/vans. The annoying thing is if a car hits any of them it would be classed as the drivers fault!

Road safety shouldn't stop at primary school!