PDA

View Full Version : Brodie

JimH
09-Sep-10, 19:47
For those of you who had the pleasure to know our Border Collie BRODIE, who spent the Majority of his life in Caithness - I am sorry to report that he has passed on to the great walk in the sky. WE had him for 4 and a half years of sheer pleasure.
He always had a bad heart, and the end came very quickly. Even though he was very ill, when I took him for his last walk, he still chased a ball.
He is so missed in this house.

I have tried to put his picture on here, but have failed, all I get is a little box.

Those of you who wish to can see a picture of the old boy taken 3 months ago by opening the following link.

http://yfrog.com/49sn850112aj

Regards to you all in Caithness

JimH

Liz
09-Sep-10, 19:52
Oh I am so very sorry for your loss.:~(

I never had the pleasure of meeting Brodie. He is a lovely dog.

I am glad for him that the end came suddenly but must have been a shock for you.

All of us who have lost a beloved pet will know how you are feeling right now.

My sincere condolences.

Geo
09-Sep-10, 20:18
Sorry to hear of your loss Jim. I didn't know Brodie however he looks very similar to our own collie Charlie and I know how great a family pet he is. You have the knowledge that even with his poor health he will have loved the 4 and a half years with you.

Jenni
09-Sep-10, 20:55
So sorry to hear of your loss. It's just like losing one of the kids. I checked out his picture on your link and he was a gorgeous handsome boy.

teenybash
09-Sep-10, 20:57
What a beautiful boy your Brodie was and though I never met him I wish I had he looks so lovely.
Trust that he took with him the buckets of love you gave him during his wonderful time he was blessed to spend with you. RIP Brodie xx

Kodiak
09-Sep-10, 21:38
Sorry to hear that, I know how hard it is to lose a Loved Pet. Here for you is the Picture that you could not post :-

http://i52.tinypic.com/b4fdko.jpg

iain
09-Sep-10, 21:42
Sorry about that Jim.Hope you are both doing ok.

merlzin
09-Sep-10, 22:39
so sorry for your loss.He's lovely.x

Scarybiscuits03
09-Sep-10, 22:44
Sorry to hear about ur loss x

Fantoosh
10-Sep-10, 01:08
Really sorry to hear about Brodie. He was always such a handsome dog. Never met a dog with such intelligence and personality. I was lucky to look after Brodie for a few years before he spent the rest with JimH, I can understand how much you will miss him. Thanks for giving him such great last few years. There will never be another Brodie...

RIR
10-Sep-10, 13:39
"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

Author unknown...

Ian.

cuddlepop
10-Sep-10, 16:20
So sorry to here you lost your Brodie.he looked a cracking dog.:(

unicorn
10-Sep-10, 18:50
So sorry to hear of you loss, the house is just so empty and quiet when they go to the rainbow bridge :~(

aurora32
10-Sep-10, 21:27
So sorry for your loss :~( RIP Brodie

Margaret M.
12-Sep-10, 01:33
Brodie was a beauty -- I'm so sorry for your loss.

Blondie
12-Sep-10, 17:52
"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

Author unknown...

Ian.

This is so lovely. Brought a tear to my eye.

RIP Brodie. What a beautiful Boy.

rs 2k
13-Sep-10, 17:14
AWWW Jim i am so sorry to read this about brodie :~(

He was such a faithful boy and like fantoosh said "There will never be another Brodie"

RIP Brodie u will be missed so much :~(

Thanx for letting us know Jim, i know u will miss him loads

Take care

Linzy

JimH
17-Oct-10, 16:19
Thanks for your thoughts folks, it seems to get harder every time it happens, - Beauty, Ben, Sadie, Brodie, and everyone so very different, unique even.
I have to report that we lasted a fortnight before another Collie arrived on our doorstep from a rescue centre in Wales, needing a home.
I'll keep you informed on "Scott's" progress.
If I ever manage to master uploading a picture on to the org, I'll put Scott on.

Liz
17-Oct-10, 18:06
It certainly doesn't get easier and, as you say, each dog (pet) are individuals with their own characteristics.
I am sure your lovely dogs have left you with many wonderful memories.

Well done on giving Scott such a great home and would love to see some photos. Photobucket is really easy to use.:D

purplelady
17-Oct-10, 23:39
Seems to me wee scott will have alovely home it is not easy is it i lost my cat 2 weeks ago and i still expect to see her xxxxxxx