PDA

View Full Version : Snow Forecast!!!!

highlander
16-Jul-06, 23:46
I was looking at the long range forecast to see if its fit to cut for more hay, OMG!!! ...............I DONT BELIEVE IT!!! metcheck says snow on 25th july.............lol rite ok, yup, yes, its caithness lol

Lolabelle
16-Jul-06, 23:56
:D :Razz Hi, I am a writer and would like to chat or correspond with some locals in the Caithness area. I would assume that snow at this time of the year is not too good. It is you summer there isn't it? I am in Australia. It is winter and most likely by your standards not all that cold at about 12 - 15degrees C
Lola

Kingetter
17-Jul-06, 00:28
Caithness Weather? All seasons in a morning are possible here - quite the experience if you're new to it but just 'normal' otherwise.

Lolabelle
17-Jul-06, 00:35
Ok, all seasons in a morning, but what do you call a season. Here the seasons dont vary all that much. Summer is stinking hot 35 - 45c, Autumn is 25 - 35c and a lot more pleasant but with the majority of the years rainfall. Winter is 7 - 20ish and sometimes wet usually a bit windy (august is really windy, it'll blow your wig off.) And Spring, well more wind and some nice days but mostly wind and not much rain. Back to summer, no rain, hot and usually bad bush fires so hazy and smokey. what about your area?:Razz

Lolabelle
17-Jul-06, 00:38
Oh and I forgot, summer has huge electrical storms so we usually have 5hr plus blackouts and melt away in the humidity. This is just on the east coast, else where is much hotter and up north more humid.

Kingetter
17-Jul-06, 00:40
I think seasons here are less marked than maybe they used to be - trees have leaves, trees don't. Can't say about temperature figures - never look. Its either ok or not for me.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Jul-06, 21:25
Snow in July in Caithness.Nothin' wid surprise me.Cannae see it though!!!I think it will be raining for two weeks and then get sunnier into record breaking heat spells.(Except for Gala night and Bonfire Night)

Love the weather up in Caithness,its like Russian Roulette,unless ye don't like the coffee revels!!!:lol: :lol:

Tugmistress
17-Jul-06, 21:47
I was looking at the long range forecast to see if its fit to cut for more hay, OMG!!! ...............I DONT BELIEVE IT!!! metcheck says snow on 25th july.............lol rite ok, yup, yes, its caithness lol

lmao
the word 'metcheck' says it all :lol:

have a look at a (i think) better site here (http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx2;page=1;ct=%7Ekw14%207uw; sess=)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Jul-06, 21:50
lmao
the word 'metcheck' says it all :lol:

have a look at a (i think) better site here (http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx2;page=1;ct=%7Ekw14%207uw; sess=)

I was waiting for ye Tugmistress tae give us the truth!!!!!:lol:

canuck
17-Jul-06, 21:51
Snow in July in Caithness.Nothin' wid surprise me.Cannae see it though!!!I think it will be raining for two weeks and then get sunnier into record breaking heat spells.(Except for Gala night and Bonfire Night)

Love the weather up in Caithness,its like Russian Roulette,unless ye don't like the coffee revels!!!:lol: :lol:

Yes, I remember that parade night in 2004 was a bit nippy, downright cold! But the bonfire evening was beautiful. Sure I wore gloves and 4 layers of clothing, but there was no rain. And I got some beautiful photos of exploding rockets and the fire itself.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Jul-06, 22:22
Yes, I remember that parade night in 2004 was a bit nippy, downright cold! But the bonfire evening was beautiful. Sure I wore gloves and 4 layers of clothing, but there was no rain. And I got some beautiful photos of exploding rockets and the fire itself.

True canuck.The weather will be good again this year.From the guid vibes I've been getting the night,I think it could be another org, night oot before the lighthoose...Hear ye,hear ye,any orgers want a dram at a boozy establishment after the bonfire,forget it!!!!Bring a bottle wi' ye,magic mushrooms and aw,by the Riverside!!!!!:lol: :lol:

Billy Boy
17-Jul-06, 22:22
jings i wish it was snowing now,coz i canna sleep with this heat lol:eek:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Jul-06, 22:25
jings i wish it was snowing now,coz i canna sleep with this heat lol:eek:

Try and count sheep.It works wonders for me.Until they start gettin' frisky that is!!!!:lol:

taylor.4
17-Jul-06, 22:30
jings i wish it was snowing now,coz i canna sleep with this heat lol:eek:I no the feeling kid's complaining it's too hot, really tired in the mornings cause they couldn't sleep last night, so grumpy all day.:mad:

Billy Boy
17-Jul-06, 22:35
Try and count sheep.It works wonders for me.Until they start gettin' frisky that is!!!!:lol:

i won't be able to think about counting sheep in the same way again lol[lol]

Fluff
18-Jul-06, 21:33
you think you have it bad!!

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/galleries/files/2/6/1/1/hot.JPG