PDA

View Full Version : phone not working

katarina
16-Jul-06, 21:45
My phone is dead, no dial tone - when some one rings me the phone doesn't ring, yet i can still get onto the internet. Strange or what?

chiccool
17-Jul-06, 00:41
maybe you could try plugging it in , it might have been pulled out by mistake .:D

blueivy
17-Jul-06, 10:38
Hi Katrina,

You're not in Wick by any chance?

The reason I ask is I had EXACTLY the same problem up until Saturday morning when it just started working ... broadband works fine, home phone is completely dead (no noise on the line at all). I thought it was my cordless phones so I was waiting on somebody loaning me a normal analogue phone but it started working again before I got it. Service was off from about Tuesday until Saturday.

If it's the same situation as myself, I'd try the neighbours. If they are the same, phone BT!

Moonboots
17-Jul-06, 11:32
My phone is dead, no dial tone - when some one rings me the phone doesn't ring, yet i can still get onto the internet. Strange or what?

Maybe I you have broadband then try another adsl filter. This can cause this problem sometimes. If you havnt got broadband then do what blueivy suggests. Go to a friends house and try your phone there and also try another phone if you can. If no luck then call BT faults and get them to do a line check. Automatic Service.... It will advise you that there is a fault or not.

cliffhbuber
18-Jul-06, 06:06
A fine day to all!
Another phone (system) gone dead for a while! We are hearing a lot about this malfunction in Canada....scientists attribute this to the high pitch of seagulls, some of whom get lost in the North Atlantic fog ending up in the Western Isles and Highlands. The seagulls apparently throw off the electromagnetic settings of some telephone companies causing blackouts.

We must have a serious chat with our seagulls when they come home.

connieb19
28-Jul-06, 17:27
My phone is dead, no dial tone - when some one rings me the phone doesn't ring, yet i can still get onto the internet. Strange or what?Did you get it sorted out Katarina? I'm having exactly the same problem today..:(

rfr10
29-Jul-06, 12:58
You can go onto the BT website and do a real time line check and report a fault for free. My phone did that last month sometime but it was fixed the next day.

connieb19
29-Jul-06, 13:06
You can go onto the BT website and do a real time line check and report a fault for free. My phone did that last month sometime but it was fixed the next day.Thanks Robin, but it seems to be okay today..:confused: