PDA

View Full Version : Dominos /Big Beat Complex progress

Camra
08-Sep-10, 20:33
I see the complex has progressed by growing trees since its works began in 2008. I hope these trees are able to recycle all the asbestos within the structure.

rambo1978
08-Sep-10, 20:39
Yeah so much for the complex, why did the person in question get away with that false advertising in the first place?

Tubthumper
08-Sep-10, 20:49
Are we getting a complex about promised complexes?!:confused

I don't know if the insurance ever paid out after the Dominoes fire (1996 was it?) but the student musicians that lost their gear that night certainly never saw a penny. :~( The owners must have been the unluckiest people in Caithness, the amount of properties they lost to conflagrations!

Anyway, while that's an opportunity going begging for want of sensible entrepeneurship and investment, someone's just opened a new rehearsal studio for bands in the County (see the Music board) so things are not all bad!:)

Dog-eared
08-Sep-10, 21:44
Yeah, I hear the owners of Dominoes are connected to the "eyesore" building in Thurso and the shop to let for £75 pw across the street.

Good luck to the studio guy though. A good local venture

Tubthumper
09-Sep-10, 14:30
There's a question - Would a new nightclub type venue (with added bowling & cinema) be a success in Wick?

Scarybiscuits03
09-Sep-10, 22:41
Oh oh I vote replace it with a real Dominos........Mmm pizza!..

ducati
10-Sep-10, 00:14
There's a question - Would a new nightclub type venue (with added bowling & cinema) be a success in Wick?

Think we could build one for, oh I dunno, about 130 grand? :Razz

Tubthumper
10-Sep-10, 00:24
Have you considered staffing, running and maintenance costs? What about consulting potential user groups about what they would like to see? Do you have a viable business plan? Will you let anyone help you when you lack expertise for the project, or will you just ignore everyone and bash on yourself, because you know best?

I like going to the pictures, and I'm here if you need me...:)

crayola
10-Sep-10, 00:32
Have you considered staffing, running and maintenance costs? What about consulting potential user groups about what they would like to see? Do you have a viable business plan? Will you let anyone help you when you lack expertise for the project, or will you just ignore everyone and bash on yourself, because you know best?

How about calling it Wick And District Filmhouse? :)

ducati
10-Sep-10, 11:01

NO (go away) off :mad:

Tubthumper
10-Sep-10, 11:04
Now, now! Don't give me any of your paranoid megalomaniac stuff here!

This is a venture for the community we're on about; I'm only trying to help, don't even think about threatening ME in the street! :)