PDA

View Full Version : C Section

AliciaMackinnon
08-Sep-10, 11:07
Does anyone know when after a c section you can start going swimming again??? And does anyone know if there is still mother and baby swimming classes at Thurso pool?

Thanks!!

Julia
08-Sep-10, 11:11
I'd leave it for six weeks before swimming just to make sure your wound is completely healed and strong enough for exercise. Not sure about the swimming classes as I'm in Wick, sorry.

annex
08-Sep-10, 11:33
Hiya,

Just found out for you that Thurso Swimming Pool starts their 10 week classes on the Mon 27th Sept.

You would have to enroll by Sat 25th Sept as limited spaces.

Hope this helps,

Annex
:)

shamrock2007
08-Sep-10, 12:52
6wks is the recommended time but just be gentle swimming think they say up to 3 months for gym workouts etc

aburns2409
08-Sep-10, 13:03
Hi there - my advice is was given from the surgeon was to take it as and when you feel ok - just remember just because the wound is healing on the outside you have many layers of stitches in the inside to nit together and heal - as for the gym i had a hysterectomy in jan and was told 4 months before going out walkn with the dog off lead and 1 year fir the gym... Don't over do it as it will do you no good in the long run xx

ShelleyCowie
08-Sep-10, 17:35
I was just told to ask again at my 6 week check, was told not to do it until at least then to allow myself to fully heal. Only had him 2 weeks ago and i have an urge for swimming! :lol:

So as everyone says...at least 6 weeks!

AliciaMackinnon
08-Sep-10, 17:56
Thanks every1!!!! Thanks especially 2 annex!!! I can always enroll and if im not fit pull out!! xx

Dadie
08-Sep-10, 22:03
Alicia you wont be doing any real swimming or much in the way of lifting at the baby group.
If need be your hubby could do the first couple of weeks.
Or at least be on hand to change bubs for you so you are not freezing in a towel...

AliciaMackinnon
08-Sep-10, 22:19
"Alicia you wont be doing any real swimming or much in the way of lifting at the baby group.
If need be your hubby could do the first couple of weeks.
Or at least be on hand to change bubs for you so you are not freezing in a towel..."

True thanx, altho he wont be coming in the pool coz he cant swim, he can stay with eilidh in the baby pool!

Dadie
08-Sep-10, 22:22
No...my idea was better...he stays out off the water completely..and you hand over Eilidh and he can change her back into her clothes and you can have a wee swim to yourself and get changed without freezing in your towel while getting herself sorted!

AliciaMackinnon
08-Sep-10, 22:26
oh ha okay doaly grat plan!!!! thanx