PDA

View Full Version : staffie pups for sale

paul stubbings
08-Sep-10, 00:39
staffie pups ready now 2 females 1 male use to kids and cats no papers hence price £150 tel: 01955 609420 or 07922636166

Aaldtimer
08-Sep-10, 03:13
£150 !!! Yer having a laff mate...the rescue centres are full of these dogs for a lot less than that!:lol:

RB 14-20
09-Sep-10, 13:49
I think it was Panorama on BBC1. Anyway, the programme told of how the country was overrun with strays, most of them Staffys. Maybe dog licencing should be brought back! And compulsory spaying for certain breeds.

matt2000
23-Sep-10, 03:53
i have to say i find the post above a little frustrating
i take it you are saying a breed like the stafford should be spayed i find this small minded to say the leaste im a stafford owner and have been for over 15 years now in that time i have had 2 litters of pups all of wich i found great homes for

its not realy fair to spey the dog when its the owners that are at fault here

in the right hands the stafford is a brilliant family dog
the breed gets a hard time and bad press and its unfair as at the end of the day its down to careless owners

hope you find good homes for your pups

cheers

ber219
23-Sep-10, 14:42
Matt2000 I totally agree with you, my parents have 5 of them and they are all related, there is 5 generations of them and the 2nd youngest one has just qualified for crufts next year.
It really annoys me that due to the press these dogs have such a bad reputation, the press don't print stories about the damage that other dogs can do, the only dog that I have been bitten by was a poodle.
All dogs can be nasty if they are not treated the right way or have the wrong owners that don't know how to control them.
Staffies are great family pets, they are actually named the "Nanny" dog as they are so good with children but as with ANY dog, you would never leave a child alone with them, you don't know what that child did to the dog to make it turn.
The Panorama programme on BBC was really disturbing and just goes to show what happens when these dogs are in the wrong hands and because the dogs don't perform how the owner wants them too, i.e. are nasty they want rid of them.
I do however disagree with irresponsible breeding, if you are not going to get your dog spayed then it is the owners responsibility that they make sure their female is not caught as this then creates even more poor dogs that people can't find homes for

barley
23-Sep-10, 14:52
i have had a staff for 15 years and she is still with me, great with kids, and now she baby sits all my gsd puppies, they are great dogs, in the right hands,
p.s brought up with all my kids, and i have 6 of them, kids

Jenni
23-Sep-10, 22:07
I have a four month old staffy pup and before I bought her I thoroughly researched the breed via internet and books. I am ashamed to say that prior to my research I used to be a bit prejudiced against this breed due to all the negative press they have had. I have had my pup since she was 8 weeks old and she is a wonderful wee thing. She is so friendly and very obedient. She sits on command and also gives her paw. She snuggles into my cat and they sleep quite happily together on my lap. She is also extremely friendly towards children. I think they make wonderful pets and agree that it is completely down to the owners how their dogs turn out. I had very mixed reactions from friends once they heard I had a staffy but I am slowly proving that their attitudes are totally unwarranted. As stated above ANY breed of dog can be a BAD dog in the wrong hands.
Anyway - thats my opinion. No hard feelings folks. :-)

RB 14-20
25-Sep-10, 20:47
I am a Staffy owner myself. If you'd see Panorama, you would understand my concerns instead of jumping to conclusions ![disgust] The breed is not the issue here, its the numbers in which they are being bred.

Miss Mack
25-Sep-10, 20:54
I watched the programme, its sad and upsetting how many dogs (Staffys especially) are being destroyed every week:~(

bullielove
25-Sep-10, 23:29
I am a Staffy owner myself. If you'd see Panorama, you would understand my concerns instead of jumping to conclusions ![disgust] The breed is not the issue here, its the numbers in which they are being bred.

I totally agree, and I have to be honest it makes me angry and frustrated that people want to continue to breed them irresponsibly.. no papers etc knowing the pounds are full of them and the majority of them are going to end up put to sleep...... Why breed and buy, when every day, so many die. Probably money, or the false belief that having one litter is good for the dog..It is so sad that this practice continues and shows no signs of slowing down. :~(

Miss Mack
26-Sep-10, 00:29
I totally agree, and I have to be honest it makes me angry and frustrated that people want to continue to breed them irresponsibly.. no papers etc knowing the pounds are full of them and the majority of them are going to end up put to sleep...... Why breed and buy, when every day, so many die. Probably money, or the false belief that having one litter is good for the dog..It is so sad that this practice continues and shows no signs of slowing down. :~(
Well said, thanks.

RB 14-20
26-Sep-10, 00:48
Bullielove, I think your right !