PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I wonder why?

unicorn
07-Sep-10, 12:57
Just reading the Press and Journal and in the pets for sale there is Alsatian, doberman, staffie cross pups for sale, very friendly and well handled.
I just have to wonder why you would cross all those breeds?
I know accidents happen but that actually sounds like a kind of scary multiple cross to me.

Liz
07-Sep-10, 13:00
That certainly is a weird cross! If it was an accident how does the owner know all the breeds involved?:confused

Would love to know what they look like!:eek:

Dadie
07-Sep-10, 13:29
Saw that too and thought that was an unfortunate cross:eek:
Can you imagine the best and worst they could turn out like!
Big wiry coated and hairy....with a bad temper and strong willed...
Or short smooth coated and very obedient and intelligent???
If I remember they were £160
And how did the staffie reach??

Dadie
08-Sep-10, 14:13
Give them a fancy name and they will be the next designer dog!

Liz
08-Sep-10, 18:20
Give them a fancy name and they will be the next designer dog!

What name shall we give them?:D

unicorn
08-Sep-10, 18:31
Alsatian, doberman, staffie

dragonfly
08-Sep-10, 18:44
brilliant Unicorn! and I am sure with that mix in the hands of inexperienced dog owners, SATANS is exactly what they will be. I would think this is a planned cross to breed the ultimate hard man's ulitmate hard dog!

just hope they don't sell and there is no money lure to do further matings

Liz
08-Sep-10, 20:06
Well done Unicorn. As Dragonfly said that name is very apt and I share her sentiments.

Poor dogs!!!:~(

teenybash
08-Sep-10, 20:51
Staffie, Alsation, Dobberman....red letters are what I think..obviously someone trying to breed for the chav market.....:eek:

Jenni
08-Sep-10, 21:10
No experience of the other two breeds but I have a staffy and she is extremely intelligent, friendly and absolutely no sign of aggression towards humans or other dogs. I think any dog can be bad if they are not reared correctly.

Dadie
08-Sep-10, 22:04
Slobbermans?????
(paris hilton cannot fit one in her handbag):lol:

Liz
08-Sep-10, 22:20
No experience of the other two breeds but I have a staffy and she is extremely intelligent, friendly and absolutely no sign of aggression towards humans or other dogs. I think any dog can be bad if they are not reared correctly.

We're not saying that Staffies are bad Jenni and know that they can be lovely dogs. As you say any dog can be 'bad' in the wrong hands.
What is worrying is when people deliberately cross breed for the wrong purpose.[evil]

AliciaMackinnon
08-Sep-10, 22:25
Slobbermans?????
(paris hilton cannot fit one in her handbag):lol:

haha!!!!!!! I wanna c 1!! the comment about the chav market and a hard mans dog are tru 2!!!!!!!

Miss Mack
09-Sep-10, 13:38
Our Staffy is a lovely wee thing too. We also have an Alsation who is scared of her own shadow. Both are regularly off the lead and are great with other dogs and people.