PDA

View Full Version : Having a Blond Moment?

Kingetter
15-Jul-06, 22:35
Which way up?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i102/OpenandShut/BLOND.jpg

Or ...
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i102/OpenandShut/BLOND2.jpg

j4bberw0ck
16-Jul-06, 00:47
Woops.............. http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=12010

Billy Boy
16-Jul-06, 19:41
A young Redhead goes into the doctor's office and says that her body hurts wherever she touches it.
"Impossible", says the doctor. "Show me."
She takes her finger and pushes her elbow and screams in agony. She pushes her knee and screams, pushes her ankle and screams.
The doctor says, "You're not really a redhead, are you?"
"No, " she says, " I'm actually a Blonde." "I thought so, the doctor says. "Your finger is broken."

connieb19
16-Jul-06, 20:00
A young Redhead goes into the doctor's office and says that her body hurts wherever she touches it.
"Impossible", says the doctor. "Show me."
She takes her finger and pushes her elbow and screams in agony. She pushes her knee and screams, pushes her ankle and screams.
The doctor says, "You're not really a redhead, are you?"
"No, " she says, " I'm actually a Blonde." "I thought so, the doctor says. "Your finger is broken."Hehe, that is really funny..lol :lol: :lol:

Billy Boy
16-Jul-06, 20:47
http://www.funnydumper.com/Blonde/womanauto10.jpg

Billy Boy
16-Jul-06, 20:50
http://www.funnydumper.com/Blonde/womanauto9.jpg

RockChick84
17-Jul-06, 12:56
Who's more stupid? A person who thinks that being blonde means you're not as intelligent as others? I think so. I find it really offensive and childish this whole "blonde moment" crap. Half the population or more of blondes aren't even natural blondes, they dye their hair that colour and play up to being stupid or a bimbo because they think it's cute or how they should be, but I am a real blonde and I'm NOT stupid and don't appreciate blonde jokes or stereotypes. I know dark haired girls who do and say stupid things but nobody says a thing to them as their not blonde.

Kingetter
17-Jul-06, 13:40
Maybe you don't like - that's fair enough, (though obviously many do) but perhaps you may also like to find out why these jokes are so popular? That same applies to all the ethnic jokes like Irish, Jewish etc, etc.
Perhaps also consider that the laughter is not always directed against the individual, but with. Makes quite a difference.
If I don't want to read a certain kind of joke, I just plain don't read it. Selection is our choice. I respect your freedom of choice and I don't think you are sub-standard if you are blond.
James.
(who was blonde as a child, but is now white)

The Enigma
17-Jul-06, 22:24
So blondes have the stereotype of being stupid.... So what? Its also the most desirable colour (gentlemen prefer blondes... blondes have more fun, etc, etc).

If you have dark hair you are considered to be boring and frumpy (or alternatively just pure evil :evil), and red hair generally has the stereotype of being just plain ugly!

So there you go, the other hair colours have a much worse time of it than blondes. But if you think about it, why should it matter what colour someones hair is? It's what you are like as a person that counts! It really is all a load of rubbish...

Elenna
17-Jul-06, 22:52
You know...if its blond for a male, and blonde for a female, then that car in Kingetters first post belongs to a bloke....

rockchick
18-Jul-06, 21:10
You know...if its blond for a male, and blonde for a female, then that car in Kingetters first post belongs to a bloke....

Actually, I think that the "'e" denotes a person, i.e. a blonde has blond hair.

At least, it does on the other side of the pond...probably an "americanism" (as in North americanism, in deference to our Canadian friends...must be politically correct, you know!)

Billy Boy
18-Jul-06, 21:10
A Blonde is overweight, so her doctor puts her on a diet.

http://www.funnies.com/doctalk/doctor_thoughtful_lg_wht.gif
He tells her, "I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat the procedure for two weeks. The next time I see you, you'll have lost at least five pounds."

When the Blonde returns, she's lost nearly 20 pounds.

"Why, that's amazing!" the doctor says. "Did you follow my instructions?"

The Blonde nods and answers, "I'll tell you, though, I thought I was going to drop dead that third day."

"From hunger, you mean?" asks the doctor.

"No", replied the Blonde, "From skipping".

Elenna
19-Jul-06, 22:36
Actually, I think that the "'e" denotes a person, i.e. a blonde has blond hair.

At least, it does on the other side of the pond...probably an "americanism" (as in North americanism, in deference to our Canadian friends...must be politically correct, you know!)

Ummm...Actually, I am from North America...that country just to the south of Canada that it seems taboo or bad manners to name for some reason. I was taught the proper distinction between blond (masculine) and blonde (feminine) as a child, and have always used it, as do most of the people I know.

I cannot, nor would not ever choose to, comment on what people might do, or know, in Canada.

However, as for this side of the 'pond', The Concise Oxford Dictionary makes the difference quite clear, listing blonde as the feminine of blond, and The Compact Oxford English Disctionary defines blonde as n. 1. A woman with blonde hair. (These are the two references I have on hand at the moment).

Wikipedia gives more explanation and background:

Blond (feminine, blonde) is a hair color found in certain mammals....

The adjective is a relatively recent borrowing into English from French (the traditional English terms for blond being "fair-haired", "flaxen", or "tow-haired"(towheads are known for very pale blond hair, almost white)). The French word, in turn, derives from the medieval ages. Careful writers in English still distinguish between the masculine blond and the feminine blonde, and, as such, it is the only adjective in the English language with masculine and feminine forms.

It does go on to point out that many people now use the two interchangably, without regard....however, popular English usage is not always correct usage, is it? I think there was a discussion about that on another thread.

The actual intention of that post was as a humourous elbow into the ribs of a man or two who would see something like that number plate and just assume that the blond referred to was female....;)

rockchick
20-Jul-06, 18:10
OMIGAWD you are so right! Thinking about it, the reason I thought it was the other is because when we speak of someone with blond hair, if it's female shes "a blonde", but if it's a guy, he's "a bloke with blond hair".

Talk about double standards - and I fell for it. Another way society defines women by their appearance.

Billy Boy
20-Jul-06, 18:11
Two sisters, one blonde and one brunette, inherit the family ranch. Unfortunately, after just a few years, they are in financial trouble. In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they need to purchase a bull so that they can breed their own stock. Upon leaving, the brunette tells her sister, "When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home." The brunette arrives at the man's ranch, inspects the bull, and decides she wants to buy it. The man tells her that he will sell it for $599, no less.
After buying him, she drives to the nearest town to send her sister a telegram to tell her the news. She walks into the telegraph office, and says, "I want to send a telegram to my sister telling her that I've bought a bull for our ranch. I need her to hitch the trailer to our pickup truck and drive out here so we can haul it home."
The telegraph operator explains that he'll be glad to help her, then adds, "It's just 99 cents a word."
Well, after paying for the bull, the brunette only has $1 left. She realizes that she'll only be able to send her sister one word.
After thinking for a few minutes, she nods, and says, "I want you to send her the word "comfortable". The telegraph operator shakes his head. "How is she ever going to know that you want her to hitch the trailer to your pickup truck and drive out here to haul that bull back to your ranch if you send her the word, "comfortable?'" The brunette explains, "My sister's blonde. The word's big. She'll read it slow. - - - -
("com-for-da-bul" )

katarina
20-Jul-06, 23:04
Is it catching? This morning I set out my cereal bowl and my cup for coffee. Went to the cupboard, took out the cereal packet and poured it in the cup!!!!!
Yesterday, I pointed the car key at the house and pressed it - expecting the door to open ------
I did think my roots were coming in lighter.....

Billy Boy
21-Jul-06, 15:18
Flower Curse
Two friends, a blonde and a redhead, are walking down the street and pass a flower shop where the redhead happens to see her boyfriend buying flowers.
She sighs and says, "Oh, crap, my boyfriend is buying me flowers again, for no reason."
The blonde looks quizzically at her and says, What's the big deal, don't you like getting flowers?"
The red head says, "Oh sure, but he always has expectations after giving me flowers, and I just don't feel like spending the next three days on my back with my legs in the air."
The blonde says "Don't you have a vase?"