PDA

View Full Version : overrun with slugs!

alicemackenzie
06-Sep-10, 16:59
How do I get rid of slugs?? I look outside in the morning and there is luminus trails EVERYWHERE!!

orkneycadian
06-Sep-10, 18:37
Slug gun??

Julia
06-Sep-10, 18:46
How do I get rid of slugs?? I look outside in the morning and there is luminus trails EVERYWHERE!!

I have the same problem but INDOORS!! I've managed to eradicate them from my living room by sealing all the skirting boards with silicone but not the kitchen yet, I think they are coming in under the kitchen units. [disgust]

steeko
07-Sep-10, 17:23
Try a beer trap if you like the organic approach

Aaldtimer
08-Sep-10, 03:10
Sounds like you may need several beer traps!
Put some yoghurt pots, or similar, with a wee sensation of beer, potted in the ground with a stone covering but just enough to let them in ...they love it, and at least they go "happy".
Collect the next morning and dispose of how you will.;)

Kevin Milkins
08-Sep-10, 08:43
I use slug pellets (sparingly) and they don't seem to have caused any problems to other wild life. We have loads of birds and a resident hedgehog.

I usually put some down after a rain fall and it certainly takes out a large part of the slug population.

Dadie
08-Sep-10, 13:09
Used the beer traps in the past...the resident blackbird was "happy" with his breakfast...a bit too "happy" in fact!
Tried salting the routes the slugs took on dry nights....
Then used slug pellets on the bits the kids cant get into!

BillyEspie
08-Sep-10, 23:19
has nobody ever tried watering their plants and stuff like that with sea water??? it has the salt for the slugs and also has the water for the plants, i think if you try the sea water then it is a good idea