PDA

View Full Version : ideas on how to celebrate a 40th

2boyz1girl
06-Sep-10, 16:22
My sis in law turns 40 this December:eek: and we have been discussing ideas as to what to do. It's a pricey time of year for anyone so the less expensive the better. The spa in Lybster was suggested but I thought I would put a thread on here to see if anyone else had any good suggestions other than the usual dinner and drinking sesh!
All suggestions appreciated..........
It's just ladies that will be celebrating the men are getting left behind[lol]

ducati
06-Sep-10, 16:36
For my 50th we hired a Canadian canoe on Loch Morlich. You could follow with a night out in Aviemore and a stay in a nice B & B or hotel. Very reasonable at this time of year.

Oh, right, December. It might be a bit parky!

annemarie482
06-Sep-10, 17:10
heres a few ideas to chuck in the hat......

in dec, get tickets for panto in inverness and stay over somewhere

ann summers party,
(always gives a giggle)

murder mystery at home,
(you send off for a pack and it gives you all the details on how to do it. everyone dresses up and plays out their character and only the killer whos who they are)

do a suprise this is your life!!
(you can buy these books to fill in, and invite relatives/friends they havent seen in a while as a suprise they'd love it!)

get a beauty therapist to come to the house and have champagne and treatments!
(probably get it cheaper as they're doing in bulk!!)

get your fortunes told at home

2boyz1girl
06-Sep-10, 17:54
oooo I like the fortune teller idea. Also the murder mystery. Thankyou for that I'll suggest them to her and see what kind of reaction I get! I'd luv that for mine but I have a few more years to go til the big 40.
The canoeing 1 sounds good too but maybe too cold at that time of year.

gollach
06-Sep-10, 18:03
Get the silver bus from Bonar Bridge!

shamrock2007
06-Sep-10, 19:48
For my 30th myself & the girlies are heading to Lybster for the weekend to a luxury self catering apartment, have gathered some 80's games & music for a laugh. Loads of wine, food & laughs! Can't wait :)

YummyMummy
06-Sep-10, 20:19
For my 30th myself & the girlies are heading to Lybster for the weekend to a luxury self catering apartment, have gathered some 80's games & music for a laugh. Loads of wine, food & laughs! Can't wait :)

Cheers Shamrock!!!

The Church Conversion lends itself to a great girls weekend! You'll have a fab time Kirsteen - guaranteed:D

My New Year guests did a Murder Mystery - had a great time!

I too am 40 in December - not quite sure what I am doing yet......might book the Church myself - hehehehe....

www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p98755 (http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p98755)

Good luck with it all. X

tonkatojo
06-Sep-10, 20:28
For those who can remember it "phyllosan" ;)

John Little
06-Sep-10, 20:35
Wick Airport- Edinburgh.

http://www.showsinedinburgh.co.uk/

Fly back next day.....