PDA

View Full Version : poor jack

puffin croft
06-Sep-10, 14:22
my poor rescue cat Jack (1 of 4!) has broken his front leg.he wouldn t come in to eat his breakfast this morning and when i went to pick him up the very strong wind blew his floppy paw back and he cried:( fiona the vet is operating today or tomoro to pin it in to place,hope hes not hurting too much :(:(

unicorn
06-Sep-10, 14:28
Yowza, that sounds kind of painful, poor cat. I hope it all goes well and he is pain free soon.

teenybash
06-Sep-10, 16:15
Ooooooo....poor Jack....hopefully he recovers quickly....poor wee soul.

puffin croft
06-Sep-10, 21:34
the vets now say the op will have to wait til wednesday because of the swelling in his leg.not looking forward to trying to keep him still after the op.hubby is building a 6ft meshed run to put in the kitchen,hopefully he will behave himself in there!

annemarie482
06-Sep-10, 21:59
he's in good hands, fiona delt with our black lab pup ozzy from start to finish after he was hit by a car and broke his leg in 2 places.
hope puss is on the mend soon x

merlzin
06-Sep-10, 22:41
aww,bless him,hope jack heals quickly.

Batty
06-Sep-10, 23:18
awwwh poor jack he's in good hands fiona, ian & the rest of the team took excellent care of my bee bee when she was in, hope jack gets better soon give him loads of tlc & he'll be back to his normal self before you know it :) x

Aaldtimer
07-Sep-10, 03:15
my poor rescue cat Jack (1 of 4!) has broken his front leg.he wouldn t come in to eat his breakfast this morning and when i went to pick him up the very strong wind blew his floppy paw back and he cried fiona the vet is operating today or tomoro to pin it in to place,hope hes not hurting too much

Poor wee soul...do you know how it happened? Hope he gets well soon.:eek:

Liz
07-Sep-10, 13:04
Aaww poor Jack!:~(

As the others say though the Vets will take great care of him and sure he will make a complete recovery.

Getting him to rest will be the fun part but the run your hubby is making sounds like a great idea. Put some nice comfy bedding in there and sure he'll be happy.

Keep us updated with his progress please.

puffin croft
07-Sep-10, 14:07
Poor wee soul...do you know how it happened? Hope he gets well soon.:eek:
no i m not sure how it happened,there are no marks on him any where,even the broken leg is smooth and clean.did wonder as its so windy something outside on the croft or in the barn has fallen on him.cats don t really land funny when they jump do they?

puffin croft
08-Sep-10, 19:04
jack had his op this afternoon and is doing well,fiona says the break looks quite stable so fingers crossed! picking him up tomoro,have missed him sitting on my chest and nipping my nose in the morning to wake me up!

Liz
08-Sep-10, 20:05
Really glad that Jack's op went well and that it is a straightforward break. Hopefully, his recovery will be speedy.

Aw I bet you really missed him! Bet you are longing for tomorrow to get him home.:D

Allsorts
08-Sep-10, 22:14
Glad to hear Jack in on the mend and beat you can't wait to get him home tomorrow, lots of fussing from you for him. Give him a gentle hug from us x

puffin croft
09-Sep-10, 18:57
jacks home! looked pleased to see me! he has settled in his cage but definately seems rather subdued! have to give him painkillers and antibiotics for 10 days and the pin has to be taken out in 8 weeks.poor love,i feel so sorry for him!

Allsorts
09-Sep-10, 19:06
Glad to hear he is home and beat he will soon be a lot happier now he knows he is back home again. Give him a gentle hug from us xx

Liz
09-Sep-10, 19:40
Glad you have Jack home now.:D
He will probably be pretty subdued to the anaesthetic etc.
Hopefully, now he's home and on regular medication he will get better each day.

Have you thought of trying a magnetic collar if he will wear this?

My dog Benjy badly injured his leg when he was a puppy and I am sure wearing this helped in his recovery. Also the homeopathic remedy Arnica helps.