PDA

View Full Version : Idiot with baby on MotoX bike

Alba.gu.brath
06-Sep-10, 02:59

b3n
06-Sep-10, 08:09
it looks the a girl is taking the baby off the bike as you were filming so maybe it wasn't going super fast with in on. still quite dangerous though!

Torvaig
06-Sep-10, 08:14
I fully understand your concern but the baby was taken off by the lady in the white top and was not on the bike when it is heard revving and going faster. You can see the baby in the lady's arms when the bike gets going again.

The fellow on the bike took the baby for a wee turn at a slow pace and the family are there watching......

sids
06-Sep-10, 08:20
You made a complete mess of filming when the lady lifted the kid off the bike- was that deliberate?

Are you the sort of person who films private individuals minding their own business in a field and then calls them idiots on the internet?

dragonfly
06-Sep-10, 08:28
its certainly not the wisest of things to do with a baby however I think that by posting the video on here and not diguising the faces of those involved you may be contravening some privacy laws.

Gronnuck
06-Sep-10, 08:30
There can be no excuse for this sort of irresponsible behaviour. Why would anyone take a small child for a hurl on their motorbike? What sort of pleasure do they imagine the bairn would get out of it? :confused
A momentary lapse by the adult rider and the outcome could have been very different. And why do these numpties feel the need to ride their noisy machines up and down outside peoples’ houses? [disgust]

annemarie482
06-Sep-10, 09:20
by the looks of the video, i take it you'd seen this, then ran in to get your camera and caught the tail end of the ride? yes?

sids
06-Sep-10, 09:31
There can be no excuse for this sort of irresponsible behaviour. Why would anyone take a small child for a hurl on their motorbike? What sort of pleasure do they imagine the bairn would get out of it? :confused
A momentary lapse by the adult rider and the outcome could have been very different. And why do these numpties feel the need to ride their noisy machines up and down outside peoples’ houses? [disgust]

I expect the child enjoyed it just fine. At the speed I saw him travelling, the risk of falling was pretty remote.

You're right- causing a noise nuisance is selfish.

telfordstar
06-Sep-10, 10:02
You've walked right into the lions den posting this thread. Good luck removing your head from their tight jaws!!!

DeHaviLand
06-Sep-10, 10:23
its certainly not the wisest of things to do with a baby however I think that by posting the video on here and not diguising the faces of those involved you may be contravening some privacy laws.

A photographer should know that there is no law against photographing or videoing someone in a public place.

Loraine
06-Sep-10, 10:33
A photographer should know that there is no law against photographing or videoing someone in a public place.

Apparently this is true - just googled photography without consent and it's fine as long as you're not then selling the photo/video. Youtube don't charge for the privilege of uploading videos - so it's all perfectly legal. Doesn't mean to say the individuals will be happy about it, but they can't sue in this instance!! :roll::lol:

dragonfly
06-Sep-10, 13:25

Apparently this is true - just googled photography without consent and it's fine as long as you're not then selling the photo/video. Youtube don't charge for the privilege of uploading videos - so it's all perfectly legal. Doesn't mean to say the individuals will be happy about it, but they can't sue in this instance!! :roll::lol:

I thought you had to have permission so stand corrected but as Loraine says there may be some disgruntled individuals - hope your id remains anonymous and also hope they learn that its not a clever thing to do with a baby no matter how slow they were travelling