PDA

View Full Version : argghhh

brandy
04-Sep-10, 23:06
got a bit angry today.. and i do try not to do that too often.. but this just made me mad..
whats worse is i know it was my fault in a way.. but still arggghhh...
ok heres what happened..
just came home from pony club.. and let kids out of car.. and unlock door, kids run in .. i stop to have a blether with the neighbor as kids run in to get shoes, jackets off and change from jodphurs to jeans.. sam comes back out and spot runs with him..
ok,, any one that has met spot.. hes a spaniel and a numpty.. i call him to me.. and he lays at my feet in front of my door as im bletherin to neighbor.. woman walks by walking her dog.. its one of those tiny terrier ones.. and before i could say stop.. spot runs over to say hello.. im like.. omg ... spot come here.. sorry!! as i go to grab him, and she starts ranting at me about not having him on a lead.. and is screaming at him and freaking out about him trying to get her dog! now this is all in front of my house.. i grab him by the collar as he is laying on the ground by now nearly peeing himself withfear belly up tail between his legs.. as she is still ranting.. after trying to tell her im sorry he ran up to her..
ok i snap.. turn around and say.. EXSCUSE ME!! but this is my house ... i live here.. he ran out the door ... that is why he is not on a lead.. HE is a freaking SPANIEL!! what is your problem?! and i turn away and drag my now petrified pooch who is so scared hes not walking.. but laying there shaking all over and push him in the house... as said woman takes her pooch still gurning down the street!
i admit i was prob. in the wrong with letting him sit beside me when he came out .. knowing he loves people and other dogs.. and that if anybody came by.. he would want to say hello.. but you would think.. that when i tried to grab him and appologize.. she would have accepted it.. i swear she would have kicked him if i wasnt there.. he was seriously near peeing himself with fear..
moral of the story is.. well not sure.. but dang.. never thought i would have a falling out with someone because the dog ran out the front door!

AliciaMackinnon
05-Sep-10, 00:06
good on u that was your house and she should be more accepting of other dogs that are around the naighbourhood!!!!!!! If she doesnt want to meet other dogs she should go else where!!! I would have really told her where 2 stick her attitude!!!! I certinly would not be appologising... ur dog was only being friendly its not like he went up with his teeth out or anything!!! Never mind wot that grumpy woman said!! Praise ur dog 4 being nice!!!

teenybash
05-Sep-10, 00:23
Awe....give Spot a lovely big mushy cuddle...poor wee soul didn't do anything wrong. The wifey with the terrier sounds a right nippy sweetie and not worth thinking about......maybe her bunions were sore and you got the blast.;)

Liz
05-Sep-10, 12:58
Aw poor Spot!:(

I suppose the wifie may have got a fright and didn't know that Spot was such a wee softie.
However, once she realised he was there was no need to rant and rave like she did and I can understand your reaction.

Hope Spot is okay today? xx

brandy
05-Sep-10, 13:04
ohh the wee blighter is fine today!let him out this morning and then forgot he was out! as was getting kids ready for church ect... i got up really early with kids and then went back to bed when don got up.. and we crossed wires on when he was out! so got like an hour outside! he dug up a plant, ate a pumpkin, knoced over two planters, and decided to chew the trampline just in case we missed the other things! he is so getting a LONG walk today! if he has that much extra energy... lets see if i can run it off him!

Sarah
05-Sep-10, 18:49
In her defence, she may not have known he was friendly, she may have worried for her dogs safety. I know if annoys me no end when dogs come running up to my dogs as I don't always know if they are friendly or not.

Breed means nothing these days, any dog can be aggressive.

Stuart Little
06-Sep-10, 11:05
I know how you feel i have two spaniels myself, a cocker and a springer and they are as soft as anything and the springer is frightened of his shadow most of the time let alone another dog. But he defends the kids big time, a couple of years ago my son broke his leg and was sitting out on the bench in the garden eating his lunch when a local counciler was out scouting for votes. He came in the gate and made straight for the bench to speak to my son when the spaniel wasnt having any of it, he bit his hand in the process. Now the counciler understoud that the dog was only defending his own and wasnt that bothered but the neighbours on the other hand now think that my spaniel is dangerous.
I got my springer as a pup when my boy was only 6 months old so now both being 8 they have grown up with one another and I really dont feel any guilt for him wanting to defend him.
I think the moral of the story is every dog is differant and you have to appreciate that but the woman needs to understand it was your garden and your dog wasnt meaning no harm, some people just go over the top sometimes and judge other people to much, what happened to the old Caithness were everyone was your freind!

brandy
06-Sep-10, 12:43
to be fair.. it wasnt my garden but the path in front of the house.. as we dont have a front garden. i would have been wild if it was in my garden.. as the dog has every right to be in his own garden.. *G* and no one should be in my garden!
and i do understand how she could have been scared and freaked.. but the fact that as soon as it happened i grabbed him and was appologizing.. but she was having none of it.. made me out to be a horrible person allowing my viscious beast to roam the streets looking for children and other dogs to attack.
ahhh well.. it was an interesting afternoon anyway..

unicorn
06-Sep-10, 14:24
On the flip side I had my 2 out last week and I was by a main road, I noticed a dog with it's owner and it was not on a lead so I carried on walking down so I wouldn't have to pass it on the same side, the next thing the dog bolts across the main road straight at my 2 with the owner shouting it wont touch them, well both my 2 tried to bolt, I was spun round by them, luckily no cars coming as this was on Thurso east corner and I quite honestly was furious. I did shout at the owner that the dog should be on a lead and under control to which I was told it didn't hurt them.... I was not at all impressed. I also pointed out their dog could have gone under a car and they said well thats his problem.... :eek:

GruesomeTwosome
09-Sep-10, 12:32
It could have been a case of the other woman's dog was not friendly and may have been worried for your dog. My girl hates other dogs (after being attacked by so many dogs) so I keep her on a lead the whole time and bolted to my leg when on walks, I clearly warn people I meet with dogs offlead but there are always people who shout their dogs are lovely and friendly and wont hurt a soul, they dont think about the dog that is on lead who does not like a dog coming straight up to them and doing what they want friendly or not. Then if the person can not call their dog back and the dog that was on a lead under control the whole time starts barking and growling because they dont like the one off the lead sniffing about them, who starts ranting but the person not in control of their dogs.

This is just the flip side of the coin that so many people are unaware of and I would just like people to consider meeting a dog as you find them. For instance, if you meet a dog on lead, put your dog on a lead, does that not make sense?

It is unfortunate for your dog to suffer which for not such an agressive owner could have been a pleasant meet and greet for both dogs. Hope your dog is ok.