PDA

View Full Version : Warning to cat owners!!!

Batty
04-Sep-10, 22:43
For all the cat owners up around the Kennedy Terrace area please keep an eye on your cats, as there are numerous dogs wandering around the area at the moment that shouldn't be out without leads or muzzles. My poor bee bee was attacked by one of these dogs just over a week ago which resulted in her losing her leg :( she is coping very well considering what she's been through!! So please be vigilant as i would hate for this to happen to anyone elses cat & if you do see these dogs running loose please report it to the dog warden because next time it may not be a cat that is attacked :mad: x

aurora32
04-Sep-10, 22:54
Thats awful, hope Bee bee is recovering well and getting over the trauma it must have caused her :) Some people just shouldnt have dogs as they dont know how to look after them.

teenybash
04-Sep-10, 23:04
What a terrorizing experience for your poor cat...poor little mite.I don't live where you speak of, but I hope those that do heed your words and your furry friend makes a full recovery.

scottish_willow
04-Sep-10, 23:13
Poor Bee Bee :~( Hope she gets over the ordeal. It's sad times when you can't let your cat out in the worry that they may be attacked if your living in that area of Wick.

dragonfly
04-Sep-10, 23:24
Hope Bee Bee mends quickly Batty and hopefully the rogue dogs get rounded up sooner rather than later

Aaldtimer
05-Sep-10, 02:47
Just wondering why it's taken you over a week to report this!:confused

laguna2
05-Sep-10, 08:15

I would think that Batty has had more on his/her mind that posting on the org!

Hope that your little cat is getting on OK Batty.

aurora32
05-Sep-10, 08:33

Not exactly the first thing a responsible pet owner would be thinking about doing just after their pet had been viciously attacked to the level its poor leg had to be amputated. :roll:

demac-artist
05-Sep-10, 10:01
Thanks for the warning - I will tell my neighbour she has about ten cats and I know she would want warning.

Sorry about your little Bee but it definately was not my dog he lets my neighbours cats walk all over (literally) and he is never out of the garden unless we are with him.

I know what you mean though about loose dogs in the area though it is a bit of an issue.

balto
05-Sep-10, 11:27
thats terriable, what a time your poor bee bee has been through, as you say next time it might not be a cat it goes for.

Liz
05-Sep-10, 12:55
That is awful!!! Poor bee bee. I really hope she makes a complete recovery.
Cats do very well indeed on three legs.

It makes me mad when people just let their dogs roam.[evil] I am sure our brilliant Dog Warden will sort this out though.

Hugs for bee bee.

unicorn
05-Sep-10, 14:03
What an awful experience for you both to go through, there are most definitely too many irresponsible people out there who should not own dogs.
I do not blame the dogs though I blame the idiots who neither train nor attempt to control them. In the wrong hands any dog is a lethal weapon and far too many are in the wrong hands in my opinion.
Well done for warning others and I hope you can both get over this terrible trauma.

Batty
05-Sep-10, 18:39
Thank you to all the well wishers bee bee is doing really well i'm amazed at her progress & how well she's adapting she's my little star, in reply to Aaldtimer i would just like to say caring for my girl has been my top priority over the last past week not posting on org & i believe if you were in the same position as me you'd of done the same thing [disgust]

Batty
05-Sep-10, 18:52
Thanks for the warning - I will tell my neighbour she has about ten cats and I know she would want warning.

Sorry about your little Bee but it definately was not my dog he lets my neighbours cats walk all over (literally) and he is never out of the garden unless we are with him.

I know what you mean though about loose dogs in the area though it is a bit of an issue.
I believe your neighbour is my sister but thank you, i know your boy wasn't responsible he wouldn't hurt a fly :) x

mrs mcd
05-Sep-10, 19:28
you say these dogs should not be out its not just dogs (STAFFYS) that are a nusiance and they dont have to be muzzled,cats are a nusiance too messing in peoples gardens its ok for cats but not for dogs,a cat killed my sons pet birds ,ripped there heads off,i have seen cats sitting annoying dogs places the dogs cant reach them.

Batty
05-Sep-10, 20:04
you say these dogs should not be out its not just dogs (STAFFYS) that are a nusiance and they dont have to be muzzled,cats are a nusiance too messing in peoples gardens its ok for cats but not for dogs,a cat killed my sons pet birds ,ripped there heads off,i have seen cats sitting annoying dogs places the dogs cant reach them.
I never said that dogs aren't allowed out i have two dogs myself & i certainly never mentioned staffys in particular there are many different dogs wandering the streets without any owners in sight which i don't believe is right but people are entitled to their own opinions, i know cats aren't perfect mine certainly aren't but there mine & i'm sure my cat didn't choose to loose her leg she lost that choice because of someones dog being out on its own unattended :mad:

unicorn
05-Sep-10, 20:17

I did not see anyone mention any breed, yes cats can be a nuisance but how often do you hear of a cat ripping apart a child. Cats roam thats the way it has always been. Any responsible dog owner knows where their dog is at all times.
In the eyes of the law cats and dogs are seen as very different if you hit a cat with a car you do not have to report it, if you hit a dog you must report it. I suppose that is because cats do roam it is common knowledge wheras dogs should be under control and normally wont be expected to be far from home.

balto
05-Sep-10, 22:44
where oh where was the breed of dog mentioned in the original post. yes cats are a nusiance, but you dont here about them attacking other animals to the extreme of poor beee bee, and what if it had been a child would you still be saying this, dogs should not be left to wander about on their own just because the owner is to lazy to walk it, i myself have to dogs and dont allow them to wander.

Batty
05-Sep-10, 23:11
where oh where was the breed of dog mentioned in the original post. yes cats are a nusiance, but you dont here about them attacking other animals to the extreme of poor beee bee, and what if it had been a child would you still be saying this, dogs should not be left to wander about on their own just because the owner is to lazy to walk it, i myself have to dogs and dont allow them to wander.
thank you both balto & unicorn i certainly didn't pin point a particular breed of dog because i don't know what kind of dog attacked my poor bee bee i'm just going by what the vet told me & i have seen numerous dogs wandering in my area without any owners which i would say should not be allowed out on there own (i'm still quite angry over the whole scenario) i have two dogs myself & they certainly don't get to wander, i feel like i'm the one being judged over some other pet owners opinions when all i was trying to do was make fellow cat owners like myself aware of what can happen

Liz
05-Sep-10, 23:18
Oh Batty don't you worry. The biggest majority of people on Pets Corner will not be 'judging' you at all and will be grateful for the warning and empathise with you re poor bee bee's horrific experience!

I get so fed up with people who moan about cats being allowed to roam and to say they've been seen 'sitting annoying dogs' is just ridiculous!!!:roll:

The facts are that dogs are not allowed to roam by law and these people who are allowing their dogs to do so are committing an offence.

As Unicorn said it is not the dogs' fault but the irresponsible and lazy owners.[evil]

Liz
05-Sep-10, 23:19

Who mention Staffys?

Very sorry about your son's pet birds but wouldn't it be a good idea for him to make them secure from predators?

Batty
05-Sep-10, 23:50
Oh Batty don't you worry. The biggest majority of people on Pets Corner will not be 'judging' you at all and will be grateful for the warning and empathise with you re poor bee bee's horrific experience!

I get so fed up with people who moan about cats being allowed to roam and to say they've been seen 'sitting annoying dogs' is just ridiculous!!!:roll:

The facts are that dogs are not allowed to roam by law and these people who are allowing their dogs to do so are committing an offence.

As Unicorn said it is not the dogs' fault but the irresponsible and lazy owners.[evil]
Thank you Liz & i have done what you sugessted & reported these dogs to the warden but her job won't be easy as they're never in the same place at the same time as her but hopefully fingers crossed she'll catch up with them eventually :(

demac-artist
06-Sep-10, 18:13
Sod every judgemental person out there..you are doiing the right thing in warning other cat owners in the hopes that it doesn't happen to their cat. I say good on you and poor Bee Bee

Its no different than someone warning people about someone harrassing a child in the area. We would like warning!!

There is a potential for danger - for a loved one may it be cat dog bird or child they are all parts of a our family and we are responsible for the that soul.

teenybash
06-Sep-10, 23:43
Never heed a word Batty, just you keep little Bee Bee happy......and you were absolutely right in letting everyone know what happened.:)

mop top
07-Sep-10, 19:24
Just noticed this thread i have been on holidays for few weeks and just got back to work last wednesday. I am certainly on the case though and have picked up 8 strays in the last 5 working days so hopefully word will get about the B**** is back lol :lol:

Really sorry to hear about your cat Batty:~(

merlzin
09-Sep-10, 22:34
Hows bee bee getting on?.Hope she's recovering well.

mrs mcd
10-Sep-10, 12:22
my sons pet birds did not ask to have there heads ripped off.

landy
10-Sep-10, 12:32
are you related to my neighbour?she claims my cat did the same to her pet bird.a wild one which i thought was against the law to keep wild birds as pets.since then she has taken it upon herself to train her collie to chase to kill cats.any cat.even the young girls one up the road.yes cats do kill birds,they are programed to do it.and it would be cruel to try to stop them,surely your sons pet was a domestic caged bird,so how did a cat get it.nature can and is cruel, so live with it, you cant change it.?

Liz
10-Sep-10, 12:54
my sons pet birds did not ask to have there heads ripped off.
What kind of birds are they and where are they kept?

Batty
12-Sep-10, 23:52
Hows bee bee getting on?.Hope she's recovering well.
Bee bee is doing really well she's now going out for a while during the day but isn't going far which i'm rather relieved about & shes now learned how to balance on her stump to whack my other cats with her paw so i think my little fighter is going to be just fine, i'm very proud of her even though she shouldn't be whacking my other monsters :lol:

Liz
13-Sep-10, 12:45
Really glad to hear that Bee Bee is doing so well.

She sounds like a right wee character!:lol:

merlzin
13-Sep-10, 22:15
Glad to hear she's doing well.Its amazing how quickly animals adapt to things.

teenybash
13-Sep-10, 22:19
So glad Bee bee is doing so well.....I can just picture tottering while trying to biff...what a little star.:)

Batty
16-Sep-10, 22:02
Thank you to all the well wishers my bee bee is doing great, oh she is a right little character Liz she's a little bossy boots she may be the smallest of all my pussy cats but she's certainly no push over, i'm amazed at how well she's adapted to teenybash there's no stopping her now, wouldn't change my little pocket rocket for the world :D

welsh-witch
17-Sep-10, 18:25
thankyou batty for the warning, i have two cats n both been chased in their OWN garden by a young alsation dog, luckily it went when i shouted at it, but i also have 2 dogs which are NEVER loose, i also blame lazy dog owners for roaming dogs, hope your cat is well soon x:Razz