PDA

View Full Version : Identities on the Org

sandyr1
04-Sep-10, 15:42
Thoughts pls............

Should the participants on Caithness.org be able to remain totally anon with no location or Country or any other identifiers, or should they have something saying at least where they are?

onecalledk
04-Sep-10, 15:54
the answers you get will depend on the reasons people are on here I guess. Personally I have no problem with people knowing where I am or who I am but I am guessing others may have ?

K

Kodiak
04-Sep-10, 15:59
Since this Forum has been going for quite a number of years now and perfectly OK. I think you are more than a bit late to bring this up.

I can see no reason to change anthing.

mrlennie
04-Sep-10, 16:04
I can't off hand think of why not although I wouldn't mind saying where i live. I live in Scotland ;)
Why do you think it would be better that way?

ShelleyCowie
04-Sep-10, 16:11
Lots of people know who i am because of here. Has never bothered me in the slightest. :) And i have met loads of awsome people too!

Bazeye
04-Sep-10, 16:16
Actually, I'm a 6ft 6in transexual called Foxy and I live in Brighton. Thats why I dont want anyone to know my identity.

Corrie 3
04-Sep-10, 16:30
Actually, I'm a 6ft 6in transexual called Foxy and I live in Brighton. Thats why I dont want anyone to know my identity.
I knew there was some reason for me taking a fancy to you !!! Brighton is a way away though so dont think I can afford to come and seek you out....Now Barrow in Furness is another matter, not too far to travel!!!

;);)

mrlennie
04-Sep-10, 16:33

EW...Brighton...

crayola
04-Sep-10, 16:42
The Pope is coming to Scotland to propose to me next week. They are closing half the roads in town and the ceremony will take place in Bellahouston Park. You'll see me on the news then.

I tried to book Ibrox in case it's raining but there was some sort of problem with that for unknown reasons so we crossed the M8 and we'll have it in the park. I don't know why he's bothering because he knows I'll tell him where to go.

Stephen Hawking proposed to me with psychic energy waves last week but I said no because I know he's not up to it.

Yesterday's proposal was a relative non-event.

joxville
04-Sep-10, 16:59
.Yesterday's proposal was a relative non-event.

So your brother is a strange one too. :lol:

billmoseley
04-Sep-10, 17:03
i am what is says on the tin lolololol

mrlennie
04-Sep-10, 17:07
I find it hard to believe your name is Billmo Seley...:P

crayola
04-Sep-10, 17:10
So your brother is a strange one too. :lol:
Too true Jox. My brother is at this moment in a strange county called Hampshire. He says it's round the bend from Sarcasm road. They're all a bit odd down there you know.

Yesterday's proposer is an accountant by training. Can you imagine being married to one of them? :eek:

BillyEspie
04-Sep-10, 17:35
I think they should have at least a part on peoples profiles for them to at least give a little bit of id about themselves but i think if they did that then alot of people would still not write about themselves, or they would write some slly stuff instead lol, i dont mind people knowing about myself, they'd be pretty surprised

crayola
04-Sep-10, 17:50
My real name is Psychic Sue and I predict the next post but one will be from EDDIE. :cool:

cesare
04-Sep-10, 17:52
My name is my real name i have nothing to hide from anyone :)

EDDIE
04-Sep-10, 17:56
At my work we have engineers forum for employees only and you can use it to talk to and exchange idea to any other engineers in the uk and you have no option but to use ure own name and identity on the forum so everyone knows who says what and honestly the forum is dead there is a lot forum lurkers with ownly the same 3 or 4 people using it now again as in about 1 or 2 posts every three months and if you speak out of turn or tell it how it is you could be pulled up and from ure boss were on the other hand if you were allowed to use a made up name and your identity was 100% private that forum would be busy and there would be no hadding people back from expressing there true feelings which would have benifited the upper management from getting a true view on what there employees think of the place they work rather than using other forums with the same interest.
Imagine if u had to use your real identity on here going buy the way some of the threads go there would be people scrapping with one another on the streets

onecalledk
04-Sep-10, 18:20
Imagine if u had to use your real identity on here going buy the way some of the threads go there would be people scrapping with one another on the streets

its precisely BECAUSE they are anonymous on here that the poison comes out though .....

K

David Banks
04-Sep-10, 20:34
I think the org's just fine as it is. I felt no need or desire to hide my identity - in fact my decision has proved beneficial.

Some of the names and locations given are quite inventive - there has been a thread or two where people have given-up their coded data.

If I may say, "Ontario" could include anywhere within 24+ hours of highway driving, so you are still well hidden - and that's OK with me.

teenybash
04-Sep-10, 20:45
I didn't choose my Org name to hide my identity, I just liked it and a lot of people know who I am and where I stay, so I am not hiding........:)

changilass
04-Sep-10, 21:00
I have facebook to use my real name on I don't need to do it here too.

I can choose who sees my posts on facebook but I can't on here.

The ones that really matter know who I am anyhow.

shazzap
04-Sep-10, 21:06
I don't see what difference it makes.
Why should any of us be bothered who or where, any of us are.

Walter Ego
04-Sep-10, 21:52
I am Walter and this is my Ego.

laguna2
04-Sep-10, 21:54
Like Changi, the ones who matter to me know who I really am.

I am happy to keep my anonimity ... and not so that I can be nasty or a bully!

gleeber
04-Sep-10, 21:59
Originally I chose a nickname because I read somewhere that you should never give out your real name on the internet. I think that's sound advice and I'm happy to sit here and no one knows who I am.
The org would lose something if everyone got real. :lol:

Rictina
04-Sep-10, 22:29
I like being Rictina, its a nice name. ;)

Phill
05-Sep-10, 00:50
Yeah, anononomityti.........err....amoniminity.......... .

I dial 1470 before I go online an' I wear a tinfoil hat so you'll never find me!

John Little
05-Sep-10, 08:52
Yesterday's proposer is an accountant by training. Can you imagine being married to one of them? :eek:

I might - for all that money.....

annemarie482
05-Sep-10, 09:07
well i shoulda looked on the org before i joined.......
hence the name and ??????????? being my user name doh!:rolleyes::lol:
did try to get it changed before i posted much, but never even got a reply.

Shabbychic
05-Sep-10, 13:19
The problem is....I'm a serial killer, and have also done a few bank jobs, so it would not be in my best interest to say too much about who or where I am, just in case like. :cool:

teddybear1873
05-Sep-10, 13:26
The problem is....I'm a serial killer, and have also done a few bank jobs, so it would not be in my best interest to say too much about who or where I am, just in case like. :cool:

Now Scotland Yard has located you IP Address and in 15 mins your house will be surrounded. I would move move quick.

changilass
05-Sep-10, 13:40
Nah he is a computer savvy serial killer and knows how to evade the ip trap.

Shabbychic
05-Sep-10, 13:47
Now Scotland Yard has located you IP Address and in 15 mins your house will be surrounded. I would move move quick.

Don't worry, I'm on my bike. :D

crayola
05-Sep-10, 13:57
I might - for all that money.....
You can have him. ;)

Please send me your address and I'll wrap him up in bubble wrap and post him to you second class.

ShelleyCowie
05-Sep-10, 15:04

Like Changi, the ones who matter to me know who I really am.

Dont i feel special now! [smirk] :Razz

oldmarine
05-Sep-10, 15:07
I enjoy the Org as it is and I have explained on another thread why I chose the Identity I use on this Org.

John Little
05-Sep-10, 17:15
You can have him. ;)

Please send me your address and I'll wrap him up in bubble wrap and post him to you second class.

Not a female accountant then?

Well you can keep him for my tastes do not run that way.

Actually if it were a female one you could keep her too, for it would not be a pretty sight once my wife got going.....

crayola
05-Sep-10, 18:21
Not a female accountant then?

Well you can keep him for my tastes do not run that way.

Actually if it were a female one you could keep her too, for it would not be a pretty sight once my wife got going.....Sorry to disappoint you but he's definitely a he. But his ex is a she and she's an accountant too. She's still single as far as I know. She's also very pretty and she could probably hold her own in a scrap.

I've already swaddled him in bubble wrap. Would anyone else like him? If not I'll attach a piece of string to him and throw him off the squinty bridge. I've heard there are piranhas in the Clyde this year.

John Little
05-Sep-10, 18:26
Forget the foreign imports. Home grown carnivores also need support.
Poor Nessie needs a decent meal now and then....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YUiBBltOg4

Dog-eared
05-Sep-10, 20:11
My real name is "Dowg Lugged ".

laguna2
05-Sep-10, 20:25
Dont i feel special now! [smirk] :Razz

Of course you are special ... there is only one Shelley Bain

... or should I say Cowie?

golach
05-Sep-10, 20:31
I can choose who sees my posts on facebook but I can't on here.

Totally agree Changilass, those who really matter know me, and many have met me, others I have still to meet, just a select few [lol]

Phill
05-Sep-10, 20:41
My name is Frank but at weekends I prefer Christine when I enjoy wandering round in just my lingerie, it lets me feel true to myself and my spirit is free. But my neighbours don't see it that way :~( I just need someone who understands me, me for what I am and not what society expects.

damn...wrong forum, wroooong forum....

Invisible
05-Sep-10, 20:44
I keep my identity close to my chest

ducati
05-Sep-10, 23:21
My name is Frank but at weekends I prefer Christine when I enjoy wandering round in just my lingerie, it lets me feel true to myself and my spirit is free. But my neighbours don't see it that way :~( I just need someone who understands me, me for what I am and not what society expects.

damn...wrong forum, wroooong forum....

Yes, when I read that I thought it belonged on the Landrover Owners Club forum. :eek:

Phill
05-Sep-10, 23:31
Yes, when I read that I thought it belonged on the Landrover Owners Club forum. :eek:

Ahh but, I've got a dif'rent pseudonym for LRO as well, on there I am FiFi Le Solihull! :Razz

sandyr1
05-Sep-10, 23:58
Since this Forum has been going for quite a number of years now and perfectly OK. I think you are more than a bit late to bring this up.

I can see no reason to change anthing.

Thank you Kodiak for your thoughts, but I had no intention of asking anyone to change it.

My only thought was that seeing we...the people on here...seem to be in far flung places, it would be interesting to know where people are. e.g. I am in Ontario, Canada.......you in Thurso, Scotland.
Someone mentioned that as long as the ones who mattered knew.
Even in the 'Drug Den' for want of another name....JOKE everyone, Ducati says where he is but TB doesn't say......
Perhaps it would answer some of the Q's on what/how we think/