PDA

View Full Version : Italian football shame

Carlo Gambino
14-Jul-06, 20:50
I dont know if any of you follow Serie A , Italian division 1 but tonight the news is that Milan, Lazio,Fiorentina & Juventus have all been demoted to Serie B.

Juve have been stripped of their last 2 scudetto`s,titles, demoted & deducted 30 points from the start of the new season.

Milan deducted 15 points from the start of the new season.

Fiorentina demoted & deducted 12 points from the start of the season

Lazio demoted & deducted 7 points from the start of next season.

None of the above will be allowed to play in Europe next season.

All of these sanctions were for match fixing allegations.

will2665
14-Jul-06, 21:02
Well the punishment maybe harsh but it is the only way to stop that kind of activity happening the italian fa must of had good proof of match fixing to impose such harsh punishment.

Carlo Gambino
14-Jul-06, 21:08
Will this type of sanction be imposed on either Celtic or Rangers for their sectarian chanting in the future ???

If I was a fan of either of those Id have a little think to myself about it, Nobody comprehended Juve being relegated, They are too big but tonight even the mighty fall

will2665
14-Jul-06, 21:28
Sorry Carlo but i so not think the behaviour of fans is quite the same as a team bring relegated for fixing matches.

The Angel Of Death
14-Jul-06, 22:54
Will this type of sanction be imposed on either Celtic or Rangers for their sectarian chanting in the future ???
I hardly think a few songs would warrent that kind of sanctions but if were going down that route think of the racism in spanish and italian football personally i think that is far worse than the charge rangers got not that long ago and if this is the case then why are other clubs not being taken down the same route ??? (Both domestic and foreign)

I think this is far worse and now with the match fixingas well i think that they all got if it was me i would have went further seria c with a 30 point deduction if not a total ban !!!

As a rangers fan yes i agree we have a problem but atleast the club is doing something about it and trying to fix the problem

cullbucket
15-Jul-06, 06:44
At least the Italians are doing something about it unlike us in Scotland who put up with blatant Old Firm bias from refs year after year...

willowbankbear
15-Jul-06, 08:50
Id say, going by what I heard on the news, the 4 clubs & especially Juve, deserve to go down after the match fixing. Id also agree with A O Death, that Serie c wouldve been good for Juve & serie B for Milan.

As for refs in Scotland, well make yer own mind up , I cant add anything that hasnt been said before.

_Ju_
15-Jul-06, 14:41
All of these sanctions were for match fixing allegations.

Carlo, I can't say I have been following the case closely, but considering that punishment has been meted out, I would suppose that they are proven and no longer "just" allegations????

Portugal has an on-going trial relative to something similair, but that envolves referee's and pay backs........ when you watch some games it really does feel like the ref is pulling the game in a certain way.

brokencross
16-Jul-06, 00:00
Were any individual players found guilty of match fixing? The management couldn't fix games without them; they reckon lots of "big" name players will want to leave the demoted clubs, but who wants a corrupt player.

willowbankbear
16-Jul-06, 00:06
Was it not the refs? Collina was corrupt, I remember him being reprimanded for it a few years ago.
Wont do Palermo any harm, all these demotions, Carlo`s a Palermo fan with their pink shirts.

The Angel Of Death
16-Jul-06, 01:43
i remember end of last season / the year before that he took on a sponsership with opal / nissen and that breached some rules they had about sponsership and he jacked it in after being given the choice to drop the sponser or get the chop