PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you been married?

crayola
03-Sep-10, 22:10
I received a proposal today. My response can't be printed here. [disgust]

I'm done with the 'married' thing unless a certain film star proposes.

How many times have you been married and are you still married?

annemarie482
03-Sep-10, 22:14
never been married, but have been togehter 7 1/2 years, engaged 5 years, 2 kids, new house and dog the works lol!

ShelleyCowie
03-Sep-10, 22:19
Engaged for 8 weeks, been with him for coming 4 years. Married since July...love of my life :D

Rheghead
03-Sep-10, 22:20
If your boyfriend throws in a fish as a love gesture on a visit to the chippy when you only expected chips then he is worth marrying.

ducati
03-Sep-10, 22:25
Happily married for 5 years-got married in 1984 [lol]

crayola
03-Sep-10, 22:33
If your boyfriend throws in a fish as a love gesture on a visit to the chippy when you only expected chips then he is worth marrying.
Good grief Rheg are you psychic? :eek:

You're almost right but he only gave me the remains of his fish supper because he didn't like it. And he'd only gone out and bought himself a fish supper because he arrived back here 10 minutes after the Sainsbury's delivery person had gone away because there was no-one in the house. [disgust]

This has not been one of my better days. :(

Kodiak
03-Sep-10, 22:51
We have been married for 37 Years this November. Does not seem that long. :D

brandy
03-Sep-10, 23:02
married 10 years this past may....and hope to have many more. have had some wonderful times, and some tragic times.. but through it all have stuck together. im really lucky in that i have a wonderful husband.. and a ongoing joke in my family is that i had to go to another country to find a man like him!!
i know its sappy but my hubby is 1 in a million.. and i thank God every day for our paths crossing...no matter how mad i get with him at times!

Tubthumper
03-Sep-10, 23:32
Never did. No-one's ever wanted me around that much.

NLP
03-Sep-10, 23:37
Been together nearly 12yrs, married 3 months.

squidge
04-Sep-10, 00:26
Twice. 1st time for 16 years, 3 fantastic boys and a sad and disappointing divorce. Then the biggest surprise of my life. Been with the Bruce for 5 years married for two and two more fantastic children. Happy, happy.

Bazeye
04-Sep-10, 00:40
What did you poll Crayola?
Ive been married since I was about ten I think. :lol:

Bazeye
04-Sep-10, 00:52
Met the love of my life a week before the contract I was on at Vulcan for Vickers ended and was staying in Ormlie Lodge at the time. Asked her if she fancied coming back here with me and the next night I seen her she'd told me she'd handed her notice in at The Pentland. As it was the last week before Christmas the rest of the lads in Ormlie went home for the holidays so I was staying in a whole two corridors on my own and I'll tell you what it was a bit spooky, having to turn lights on at each doorway, especially when I'd been on the drink all night and you needed three different keys to get back to my room. Anyway shes still here, were still together, got two kids and two cats and visit Thurso every summer.

tigger2u
04-Sep-10, 01:07
Married 25 year this month..unless I get thrown out before it lmao:lol:

thomas1donald
04-Sep-10, 07:37
second marrage for me,third for hubby,first was 21 years suddenly died 10 years ago,married in april this year 2nd time round best thing i done in 10 years,wonder why i waited so long:lol:

kitty
04-Sep-10, 08:06
I've never been married and tbh its just not my sort of thing. Been with the same man for 14 years though. He's been married twice before.

Only major gripe i have is that everyone presumes that we are married and i keep getting any notes from my sons school addressed to mr and mrs. I was considering taking out an ad in the groat to tell everyone what my name is lol [lol]

rs 2k
04-Sep-10, 08:23
I've been married 3 times and as they say 3rd time lucky :D which i believe is true, well for me it is

I 1st got married when i was 18, we were together for 2 months, which is far to quick, didn't even last a year

2nd time i thought he was my mr right, but how wrong was i, got married after i had my 2 sons thinking this is the 1 but he turned out wrong for me, reasons can't say

Now my hubby is a great guy been together for 11 years, married 3 years and he is the love of my life, we bought a house 6 years ago and life is great, i have finally found my mr right :D i'm so happy

BRIE
04-Sep-10, 08:52
I married the same man twice & divorced him twice!! Been with my partner for 6 years now & I couldnt be happier just wish id met him earlier!:D

Vistravi
04-Sep-10, 09:33
Been with my partner for almost 3 years now and we have an amazing son. Who knows what will happen next, could be a wedding in a couple of years, who knows. I had a complete adversion to getting married, seeing it as just a bit of paper really but now i'm not too bothered. Haven't gone to yes i want to get married though. But if we did its be so easy for my surname as i'd add his to mine and be like our son! I'm not giving up my surname lol.

tonkatojo
04-Sep-10, 09:48
Married 40 yrs come the 28 of next month and still working at it. ;)

And yes I am a saint.

Bazeye
04-Sep-10, 11:41
I married the same man twice & divorced him twice!

:confused:confused:confused

Madge
04-Sep-10, 12:33
Only once - 12 years ago today!!

changilass
04-Sep-10, 12:45
Happy Anniversary

AliciaMackinnon
04-Sep-10, 13:19
Im just married this year n we were only going out for less than a year wen we got married... just had a baby and loving every min ((((so far))))

"Didnt relise when i married Mr Right.. that his first name was Always"

Saveman
04-Sep-10, 13:34
It's nice to see the "Once and still married" is getting the majority of votes.

joxville
04-Sep-10, 13:39
It's nice to see the "Once and still married" is getting the majority of votes.

But are they happy?

Saveman
04-Sep-10, 13:44
Is anybody really happy??

;)

(I couldn't decide which word to put in italics....)

honey
04-Sep-10, 14:20
met my hubby 12 years ago, moved 2 glasgow after 3 months 2 be with him. Married 7 years this year and we have 3 gorgeous boys.

crayola
04-Sep-10, 14:37
What did you poll Crayola?Twice married, twice freed. :)

I married the same man twice & divorced him twice!!Good grief, you were an optimist. :eek:

You're in good company though. Liz Taylor and Richard Burton did the same. But you've done better than she did afterwards. :)

mrlennie
04-Sep-10, 14:43
Is there an option for married to multiple people? I'm sure that must apply to someone lol.

Metalattakk
04-Sep-10, 16:41
Met the love of my life when I was five years old. My Grandfather introduced us at the old Harmsworth, and I knew right away we'd be together forever. We've had our good times, and our bad times, aye, but at the end of the day Gary, we've always managed to make it work. The happiness and joy we've shared is immeasurable.

Met the wife 16 years ago (crikey, that's 5 World Cups!), married just about 11 years now. Best thing she ever did. ;)

cuddlepop
04-Sep-10, 16:47
Been married once and that felt like an endurance test.:~(

Oh and I are happily "unmarried" and "I " intend to stay that way.:)

billmoseley
04-Sep-10, 17:01
i'm on my forth wife and she is the best you could wish for. 1st stabbed me 2nd cheated 3rd took all me money and 4th is perfect but don't tell her i said that. but i'm not doing it again

crayola
04-Sep-10, 17:18
i'm on my forth wife and she is the best you could wish for. 1st stabbed me 2nd cheated 3rd took all me money and 4th is perfect but don't tell her i said that. but i'm not doing it again
You get this week's prize for perseverance Billmo. I hope the current Mrs Seley realises how lucky she is. :)

Was your last wedding in March by any chance? ;)

cazmanian_minx
04-Sep-10, 17:19
I was with my first husband for 8.5 years but we just grew in completely different directions and by the end had absolutely nothing in common any more. Been with my OH for 5 years now and we're getting married next summer.

joxville
04-Sep-10, 17:30
I was happy for 23 years then met my future ex-wife. [lol]

telfordstar
04-Sep-10, 18:20
Ive been Married for 3 years, together for 12 and 3 kids into the equasion :)

Rheghead
05-Sep-10, 00:38
Good grief Rheg are you psychic? :eek:

You're almost right but he only gave me the remains of his fish supper because he didn't like it. And he'd only gone out and bought himself a fish supper because he arrived back here 10 minutes after the Sainsbury's delivery person had gone away because there was no-one in the house. [disgust]

This has not been one of my better days. :(

Not worth marrying then.

Rheghead
05-Sep-10, 00:42

I say she needs telling she is perfect. Every lassie is hardwired to a compliment (so long as it is genuinely given), then they will eat out of your hand.

balto
05-Sep-10, 11:29
if prince chaarming turns up i may consider it, but unto then absolutly no way will i be going down that road.

oldmarine
05-Sep-10, 15:13
Twice...I married a beautiful Christian girl and God took her home leaving me with two children. Their school teacher reached out to them (they were 9 & 10 years when their mother died) and comforted them. She consented to be my wife and we have two more. I believe God has been faithful to all of us....

Ashes
05-Sep-10, 16:47
I've been married 41 years and I'm getting divorced within the week, its turned nasty, so I'm living in the computer room out the way, as I'm waiting to sell the bungalow

mums angels
05-Sep-10, 23:09
Been together since i was 16 ,13years together 6 years married and 4 beautiful babies . :D wouldnt change a thing !

alanabain
11-Sep-10, 17:44
Engaged for 8 weeks, been with him for coming 4 years. Married since July...love of my life :D

awwww how sweet

ShelleyCowie
11-Sep-10, 17:50
awwww how sweet

Glad u realised ur error!

Angela
11-Sep-10, 18:03
I don't seem to fit in anywhere (as usual).....;)

I was married the first time for 15 years, three lovely children, than a divorce.

Second time round he was the love of my life and we got married exactly 20 years ago today. (We didn't know that 9/11 would turn out to be such a momentous date. :eek:)

Sadly my hubby died very suddenly six years ago, at the age of 58. Otherwise I am sure we would still have been married.:)

Margaret M.
12-Sep-10, 01:08
Twice and each time felt like an eternity. I think married couples who are really happy with each other are very fortunate but they seem to be quite rare.

billmoseley
12-Sep-10, 15:28
Nice to see i'm still the only 4 timer so far. i have never held a title for so long lololol

2boyz1girl
12-Sep-10, 21:58
I am married 11 yrs in October. We have 3 kids and we have had some really hard things to deal with but everyday we are there for each other. Still fancy my man too, he still gives me butterflies, I give him earache!!:lol:

Rheghead
12-Sep-10, 23:57
I'd really like to know which sex is actually in charge of the human mating game. I always thought until recently that females were in charge because women only had to ask and the bloke only had to be half interested and there was game on. But recently I thought well if women had to try so hard to look good and men had to look and choose then may be it is us men that are in the driving seat?? :confused :confused

mrlennie
13-Sep-10, 00:52
... then may be it is us men that are in the driving seat?? :confused :confused

Especially true in Billmo's case...

Aaldtimer
13-Sep-10, 02:51
Oh aye! Men are the hunters...until they're caught!:confused

oldmarine
13-Sep-10, 15:02
I'd really like to know which sex is actually in charge of the human mating game. I always thought until recently that females were in charge because women only had to ask and the bloke only had to be half interested and there was game on. But recently I thought well if women had to try so hard to look good and men had to look and choose then may be it is us men that are in the driving seat?? :confused :confused

Rheghead: Good observations, except I question that we men are in the driving seat. [lol]

arana negra
13-Sep-10, 23:03
Married 1972 I left in 2002 got divorced. Then was found by a fantastic man in 2003 moved to be with him 2004, married in 2007 he died last September. Best 5 years of my life to date. No intention of marrying again.

George Brims
13-Sep-10, 23:59
Married 31 years to the most patient woman on Earth (she would have to be!).

We knew a couple when we lived in Hawaii who were each other's FIFTH spouse. Then they got divorced (who would have guessed that would happen?) and he married number six. She moved away so we don't know what happened to her.

porshiepoo
14-Sep-10, 08:11
Married my soul mate at 18 and still happily married 20 years later. :)

Scarybiscuits03
14-Sep-10, 13:20
Never been married never will. I don't get what difference a piece of paper makes to your relationship.
Been with my partner 9 years with a 7 year old kid, house, business - think that holds you together more strongly than a piece of paper!

kel24
14-Sep-10, 14:13
I've been with my partner for 5 years, engaged for over 4 years and i fully intend on getting married one day!! [lol] He is definitely my soulmate and will always be the love of my life.

George Brims
14-Sep-10, 18:25
I don't get what difference a piece of paper makes to your relationship.
In a word - TAXES!

Scarybiscuits03
14-Sep-10, 19:28
In a word - TAXES!

Ah well that doesn't effect my situation any whether married or not!