View Full Version : 1st Thurso Scouts

passingby
03-Sep-10, 12:58
1st Thurso Scout Group - Riverside Thurso

The Scout Group has places open for all the Sections
Beavers - Age 6-8 (Wednesday)
Cubs - Age 8-10 1/2 (Friday)
Scouts - Age 10 1/2 - 14 (Friday)

If your child, boy or girl is interested in joining any of these then please get in contact with us.

The Scouts is a long running group with worldwide coverage. Activities include Camping, Hiking, Orienteering, Pioneering, Canoeing to name but a few!

If you reply to this message I will then put you in contact with the correct leader team.

Thanks for your time.

Kodiak
03-Sep-10, 14:20
Good Post this. The Scouts are one of the Best, if not the Best, organisations there is. 1st Thurso Scout Group is one of the Best Scout Groups in the Scouts.

As an Ex Scout Leader of many years, before you ask I was never with 1st Thurso Scouts, I can Highly Recommend them.

So if you have a Boy or Girl who are looking for some Fun and Adventure then there is no better organisation for them to become a member of, 1st Thurso Scouts :D

ks
03-Sep-10, 21:13
Do they take girls at their Beaver group as I thought they only took boys?

changilass
03-Sep-10, 21:22
Dunnet Bay Beavers (the best) take girls so don't see any reason why the Thurso branch shouldn't too.

Kodiak
03-Sep-10, 21:53
It has been many years since all Scout Groups could take Girls in Beavers, Cubs and Scouts. This was allowed before I retired as a Scout leader and that was 15 years ago.

Kodiak
03-Sep-10, 21:59
Dunnet Bay Beavers (the best) take girls so don't see any reason why the Thurso branch shouldn't too.

Dunnet Scout Group is excellent as well. In the early 1990's the Dunnet Cubs/Scouts used to join us on our Annual Summer Holiday. By us I mean the Scrabster Sea Scouts/Cubs. Reay Cubs used to join in as well and we would be away for a week.

Great fun was had by all.

ks
04-Sep-10, 09:05
I thought someone said that they didn't take girls in 1st Thurso Beaver as they didn't have the facilities or something but maybe it was another club.

Kodiak
04-Sep-10, 14:45
I thought someone said that they didn't take girls in 1st Thurso Beaver as they didn't have the facilities or something but maybe it was another club.

You could be right I do not know. The only way to find out is to ask the Beaver Leader of 1st Thurso Beavers.

pottheed
05-Sep-10, 14:14
boys and girls in 1st thurso

passingby
07-Sep-10, 12:18
1st Thurso Beavers have capacity to take both girls and boys within the group. There is no issue with this at all. They are welcome throughout each section as they progress too! Being one of the female Scout leaders I would totally encourage them to join in! I had great fun and could do everything that the boys could!:)