PDA

View Full Version : The Original Factory Shop

stekar
03-Sep-10, 11:27
They are advertising for staff for both Wick and Thurso.

I've posted the link in the jobs section if anyone's interested.

WhosNext?
04-Sep-10, 16:15
Anyone heard any info on The Original Factory Shop?

Anyone heard if any of the old Ethels workers have got any positions in the Factory Shop?

Will be good to see the building being used instead of being empty.

newpark
04-Sep-10, 16:17
What kind of shop is it?

changilass
04-Sep-10, 16:22
Factory shop ie discout shop sells all sorts, been in one in Newcastle, same as every other discount shop going.

Metalattakk
04-Sep-10, 16:24
What kind of shop is it?

Anyone tried Google (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+original+factory+shop) before? I hear it's quite good. . .

mrlennie
04-Sep-10, 16:38
Anyone tried Google (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+original+factory+shop) before? I hear it's quite good. . .

If we all just went on google there would be no point in being on here would there?

Metalattakk
04-Sep-10, 16:43
If we all just went on google there would be no point in being on here would there?

Of course there would.

mrlennie
04-Sep-10, 16:46
Of course there would.

Of course there would not.

Metalattakk
04-Sep-10, 16:47
Just let it lie, eh?

mrlennie
04-Sep-10, 16:49
Can't....!!! Deep breaths....

tonkatojo
04-Sep-10, 17:22
Factory shop ie discout shop sells all sorts, been in one in Newcastle, same as every other discount shop going.

What was you doing in the "Toon" Changi ??.

sutherland1993
04-Sep-10, 17:26
What kind of shop is it?

Look here that will give u an idea
www.theoriginalfactoryshop.co.uk/

changilass
04-Sep-10, 18:29
What was you doing in the "Toon" Changi ??.

Just visiting family.

WhosNext?
04-Sep-10, 21:03
I was looking for slightly more info than good old Google (or indeed Wiki that I have already checked). I was more interested in what other people thought of the store (if they had been in one before, what they think of the quality etc.)

Will be good if they do fill the potential 50 job positions (both Thurso and Wick combined), I also know of many Ethel staff who still haven't found work so will be good if they get something out of this new shop.

ducati
04-Sep-10, 22:18
I used to frequent the one in Bathgate. Very good for household goods, kitchen utensils, crockery, great selection of clothes, toys, electricals and special purchase items and one offs. Also did sweets like mishapes chocies :lol:

Hoida
05-Sep-10, 11:53
Stopped off in Dingwall yesterday on way north and noticed they had an Original Factory Shop there Saw a lot of people had been shopping there from the carriers they had. Heres hoping its better than Ethel Austen.:roll:

Kevin Milkins
05-Sep-10, 12:12
Are they taking over the former Woolworth's shops?

dafi
05-Sep-10, 12:28
They should come over this side of the water, we could do with some new retail oppertunities!!

stekar
06-Sep-10, 08:56
Are they taking over the former Woolworth's shops?

Guessing they will be, but not sure.

Loraine
06-Sep-10, 10:44
Guessing they will be, but not sure.

According to the local paper they will be leasing both properties in Wick and Thurso. At the moment they're waiting for the asbestos to be sorted out in the Thurso property and in Wick they're waiting for planning permission to extend the sales floor upstairs due to the large quantity/variety of stock they have for sale - the ground floor alone would be too small for their requirements. So hopefully within the next few months they'll be open for business. :D

Will be good to see both buildings being used again - was a shame to see Woolies and then Ethel Austins die a death. Here's hoping The Original Factory Shop don't suffer the same fate!!! :roll: