PDA

View Full Version : What makes you feel young?

squidge
14-Jul-06, 14:48
We have a "You know you are getting old when..." thread and i am a bit sensitive about my age just now so i thought i would start something to make me feel young

So what makes me feel young

Camping

Moshing in the kitchen with my teenage son - he cant believe i know all the words

Laughing with girlfriends over something silly - you know the complete helpless laughter that you cant do anything about

Snogging in the street after a night out

Dancing

Haircuts ( god bless our hardressers for they fill our greying world with colour)

Weddings as long as its not one of mine getting married

Ice lollies

Paddling in the Sea

Lying in the garden watching for shooting stars

cuddlepop
14-Jul-06, 21:19
Muckin about with the hose in the garden on a hot and sunny day.Its amazing how getting each other as wet as possible is fun.:lol:

htwood
14-Jul-06, 21:20
Good list, Squidge. All of those are winners for feeling good about ourselves.
Swimming (or just floating like an otter lol) remind me of being young; so does waking up in the morning without a single thing to do that day (Rare occurance!)

I'm notorious for shooting a drinking straw wrapper across the room, and for slurping the last bit of milkshake realllly loudly. Ah youth. Long time, no cartwheels on the grass, but summer is just starting, there is still time to practice.

erli
14-Jul-06, 23:12
For me, it's "summer time".
You can do all the things you did when you were wee when the sun shines and nobody thinks your "trying" to be young again. Just join the kids in the street and they will think you are cool.

Sporran
15-Jul-06, 06:04
Three years ago, I decided to grow my hair really long again. Now it's more than half way down to my waist, and it makes me feel younger. I just tie it back in a ponytail in the hot weather, and I like that too.

Discussing and listening to music with my 22 and 17 year old sons. We like quite a few of the same current bands, and they also appreciate music from my youth.

I've always loved to dance - ever since I could walk, in fact. Like our poster Ann, I'm not averse to "dancing as if no-one else can see you".

And perhaps it's the child still in me, but I love teddy bears and porcelain dolls. Just like some men like model trains and railways, I suppose!

weedonald
15-Jul-06, 07:23
Squidge.....dina fash yersel aboot growan owld..jist enjoy e day an dina girn

Age, it is said, is a state of mind. I just wish I could remember what state I left my mind in.

elaine
15-Jul-06, 08:44
Being at Alton Towers (us - yesterday) especially "Rita - queen of speed" (0-100 in 2.5 seconds) it was WICKED!!!! and of course "OBLIVION" (heart in your mouth!)

I wanna go back, I wanna go back, I wanna go back!!

_Ju_
15-Jul-06, 13:09
Going on Holiday with my friend but without my lil' boy: that way we still feel 15 and when we look at eachother still seem to see eachother at that age ( strangely the illusion is broken when my 4 year old is in the room![lol] )

crystal
15-Jul-06, 13:10
well, technicaly i cant "feel" any younger as i am already quite young. but i wish i was older sometimes.:D

mccaugm
15-Jul-06, 16:54
Reckon the messing about with your kids bit is great. My 3 have large ages gaps so like you say listening to music with a 15 year old, discussing books from my youth with my 12 year old or just being plain silly in the garden with my 20 month old....
Wearing hipster jeans but only being mildly conscious of the stretch marks on show. Always drinking out of a bottle in the pub and using a straw to do so. Then using the straw as a Mic a la Brittney Spears (Federline).

Making silly brrm brrm noises with toy cars or going wheeee over a hill in the car especially over hump back bridges like the one near Spittal.

Sod all the anti aging creams, they always make me think about the woman in the OLAY adverts whos skin is so perfect she looks like a robot. She has NO lines whatsoever...gross...

scotsboy
16-Jul-06, 16:23
Being on a ship with the wind in my face.

Hearing American Pie by Don MacLean on the radio.

Looking at the Caithness coastline from the sea.