PDA

View Full Version : Protest In Birmingham

Pages : [1] 2

GetWithTheTimes
02-Sep-10, 17:42
Legalise Cannabis Protest

November 6th: 1pm to 4pm

Birmingham city centre

Whether you want it legalised for medicinal or recreational purposes please attend this event, we need to show ourselves in numbers and get this put right.

so many people suffer that need not suffer its gone on too long, and so many people are classed as criminals for doing what? smoking a bit of cannabis? there are a mass amount of hard working respectable people who use it recreationally its about time the "stoner" stereotype was dropped and we used this plant to our advantage

Please attend if you support this idea

rob murray
02-Sep-10, 17:47
Legalise Cannabis Protest

November 6th: 1pm to 4pm

Birmingham city centre

Whether you want it legalised for medicinal or recreational purposes please attend this event, we need to show ourselves in numbers and get this put right.

so many people suffer that need not suffer its gone on too long, and so many people are classed as criminals for doing what? smoking a bit of cannabis? there are a mass amount of hard working respectable people who use it recreationally its about time the "stoner" stereotype was dropped and we used this plant to our advantage

Please attend if you support this idea

Cancel all police leave, mobilise the TA and army support units...society as we know it must be protected. Better build a new jail to lock up these dangerous criminals..polite society and accepted values must at all costs be upheld

Kodiak
02-Sep-10, 17:48
MMMM I think you will need to get in touch with ScotRail so that they can put on an extra 20 or 30 trains for all the Caithness Folk who will travel down to Birmingham for this. NOT !!! [lol] [lol] [lol]

Logical
02-Sep-10, 17:58
I think I shall pass up on this offer based on the fact that the only people who will bother to protest this will be "stoners" (sorry for the stereotype). Maybe you should set up an on-line petition so that all the stoners can pry themselves away from the doll office and go to there nearest free Wi-Fi hotspot and register.

Just joking people, lets not make this another long boring argument - which I think is inevitable.

Corrie 3
02-Sep-10, 18:15
Yes lets have more Stoners on our streets, out of their heads, driving while stoned, killing folk while stoned, all leading to mental health issues in later life !!
Why not legalise Cocaine and all the others why you are at it?
No wonder this country has gone downhill so fast with the Great Unwashed demanding such things as legalising drugs ...and for "recreational purposes" ..thats such a joke!!
Do something decent for your country instead of dragging it down into the gutter!!!

[evil][evil][evil]

Bazeye
02-Sep-10, 19:38
Yes lets have more Stoners on our streets, out of their heads, driving while stoned, killing folk while stoned, all leading to mental health issues in later life !!
No wonder this country has gone downhill so fast with the Great Unwashed demanding such things as legalising drugs ...and for "recreational purposes" ..thats such a joke!!
Do something decent for your country instead of dragging it down into the gutter!!!

[evil][evil][evil]

Bit aggresive that wasnt it, you been on the ale again?

Corrie 3
02-Sep-10, 19:42
Bit aggresive that wasnt it, you been on the ale again?
It was Bazeye and with good cause !!

I lost someone very close to me thanks to some stoner who thought it was ok to drive!!!!

[evil]

GetWithTheTimes
02-Sep-10, 19:45
I think I shall pass up on this offer based on the fact that the only people who will bother to protest this will be "stoners" (sorry for the stereotype). Maybe you should set up an on-line petition so that all the stoners can pry themselves away from the doll office and go to there nearest free Wi-Fi hotspot and register.

Just joking people, lets not make this another long boring argument - which I think is inevitable.

if its long and boring keep out of it then

[evil][evil][evil]

oh yes you sound like someone who knows a lot about cannabis NOT!
all leading to mental health issues??? where is the proof?
alcohol is a drug and people buy it and kill, fight, rape, murder, drive and kill way more people than cannabis so you make yourself look foolish blaming cannabis for these crimes

the great unwashed lol just shows how nieve and stereotypical you are

i suppose all poofs dress up in pink and all alcoholics live like rab c nesbit too and all peadophiles have beards and glasses rofl

do yourself a favour and post elsewhere, this thread was posted to inform people of a protest they might be interested in wasnt for you to act like a moron and speak on the behalf of the whole of caithness, a lot of people in caithness would be disgusted to think people like you are here

i have researched and done my reading on medicinal use for cannabis and can back up all of my arguments with doctors quotes and evidence! what can you back up your claims with???

let me guess wikipedia and the newspapers hahaha

if you too are narrow minded and just want to post your one sided views of which you have no evidence keep it to yourself, i simply wanted to inform the mass amount of people who will join this cause and agree with this about the upcoming protest

if you dont like what you read and dont want to go keep it to yourself i never posted this for you

thanks for taking the time to read and hope you can attend

GetWithTheTimes
02-Sep-10, 19:50

I lost someone very close to me thanks to some stoner who thought it was ok to drive!!!!

[evil]

and many people have lost people close to them from people drink driving, but i bet you drink as bazeye said "you been on the ale again"

maybe you should check your stats on what is really dangerous to take

if you lost someone close to you as a result of someone eating cabbage you would want that banned too

Bazeye
02-Sep-10, 19:54
I should be ok on this thread. I smoke a bit of weed but dont drive.

Bazeye
02-Sep-10, 19:57

[evil]

Sorry to hear it but I dont think hes suggesting folk should drive to Brum stoned.

Logical
02-Sep-10, 19:58

:lol: Really not the type of thing you want to be admitting to here.

GetWithTheTimes
02-Sep-10, 20:03

Sorry to hear it but I dont think hes suggesting folk should drive to Brum stoned.

No i wouldn't want anyone to drive under the influence of anything, accidents happen without people taking anything that is just stupid

Bazeye
02-Sep-10, 20:12
:lol: Really not the type of thing you want to be admitting to here.

Theres a fair few on here. No Names, no packdrill. Must have a trawl through the org rules again regarding weed smoking orgers. Read through them once and didnt notice anything, but there again my memories not what it used to be.

teenybash
02-Sep-10, 20:15
It's time is was lagalized. If I had to I would rather sit in the company of those whirling in their own wonderland through cannabis than those lawling around drunk and losing all sense of decency.

Corrie 3
02-Sep-10, 20:22
and many people have lost people close to them from people drink driving, but i bet you drink as bazeye said "you been on the ale again"

And dont the police have a hard enough job keeping the idiotic drink drivers off the road without having to stop stoners who drive as high as a kite...
ps, you just lost your bet, Bazeye or yourself no nothing about me so dont assume!!
[evil]

Bazeye
02-Sep-10, 20:40
And dont the police have a hard enough job keeping the idiotic drink drivers off the road without having to stop stoners who drive as high as a kite...
ps, you just lost your bet, Bazeye or yourself no nothing about me so dont assume!!
[evil]

OK then, but only on the condition that you dont assume everyone who smokes weed drives while under the influence.

Btw a very good friend of mine, a few years back got knocked off his motorbike and killed by a drunk driver. I, unlike you though dont want everyone who drinks alcohol strung up from the nearest tree.

GetWithTheTimes
02-Sep-10, 21:09
OK then, but only on the condition that you dont assume everyone who smokes weed drives while under the influence.

Btw a very good friend of mine, a few years back got knocked off his motorbike and killed by a drunk driver. I, unlike you though dont want everyone who drinks alcohol strung up from the nearest tree.

Well said bazeye :)

[evil]

it was a figure of speech you aren't winning anything so don't get so excited, if you don't like it stay out the thread and stop acting like a moron, have you nothing better to do with your life than try to put down a thread informing people of how they can help change a law that is well due to be changed

if you were advertising a good cause i wouldn't come in your thread shouting my mouth off so don't come in here shouting yours off please, it's common courtesy

Logical
02-Sep-10, 21:11
I have heard that the police (south anyway) are willing to turn a blind eye to those that only smoke in the privacy of there own home and only arrest if people are smoking weed around schools or in public.

Side point: The drug world seems to be a dangerous place (from what i see in films :) ) and legalizing canbis would only give them more power and that only leeds way to more of what you see here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4043927.stm

On the other hand, the government could controll it like they do with cigerettes and alcohol and even tax it to gain money for all the drug rehab clinnics they would put up.

I think i will personally leave it in the hands of the politicians who can debate the issue for months then scoop it under the table.

GetWithTheTimes
02-Sep-10, 21:12
It's time is was lagalized. If I had to I would rather sit in the company of those whirling in their own wonderland through cannabis than those lawling around drunk and losing all sense of decency.

thanks for the positive reply :)

GetWithTheTimes
02-Sep-10, 21:20
I have heard that the police (south anyway) are willing to turn a blind eye to those that only smoke in the privacy of there own home and only arrest if people are smoking weed around schools or in public.

Side point: The drug world seems to be a dangerous place (from what i see in films :) ) and legalizing canbis would only give them more power and that only leeds way to more of what you see here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4043927.stm

On the other hand, the government could controll it like they do with cigerettes and alcohol and even tax it to gain money for all the drug rehab clinnics they would put up.

I think i will personally leave it in the hands of the politicians who can debate the issue for months then scoop it under the table.

you can't go on what you see in films that's all make believe

legalisation would cut out dodgy street dealers and gangs and the money could be taxed to help the economy and sufferers of terminal or crippling disease could be so much more comfortable.

and who is more likely to be loud, obnoxious, violent or generally dangerous? the cannabis user or the alcohol drinker?

any substance should be used responsibly whether it be alcohol or cannabis, people have to stop judging everyone the same as reckless idiots.

sandyr1
02-Sep-10, 21:31
I think that the consensus of opinion on Pot (cannabis) is that we now have a specific problem with alcohol, and legalizing/decriminalyzing Mary Jane would create another problem...
THUS............ One prob is better than 2 probs! Or 2 Probs are worse than One Prob...
Yes, the Law does turn a blind eye to personal use in the home.......but you see people are sometimes quite stooooopid......
They start growing a plant or two and then they think...well if I grew another it would make pocket money, and on and on and one until they have a Hydro in their basement and then they rent a factory...............

Logical
02-Sep-10, 21:31
You really seem to have done your research and have a valid and respectable point that you believe in. Hope the protest goes safe and well. All the best getting what you are after.

GetWithTheTimes
02-Sep-10, 21:43
You really seem to have done your research and have a valid and respectable point that you believe in. Hope the protest goes safe and well. All the best getting what you are after.

thank you i appreciate the kind words

I think that the consensus of opinion on Pot (cannabis) is that we now have a specific problem with alcohol, and legalizing/decriminalyzing Mary Jane would create another problem...
THUS............ One prob is better than 2 probs! Or 2 Probs are worse than One Prob...
Yes, the Law does turn a blind eye to personal use in the home.......but you see people are sometimes quite stooooopid......
They start growing a plant or two and then they think...well if I grew another it would make pocket money, and on and on and one until they have a Hydro in their basement and then they rent a factory...............

if it was legal it wouldn't be a crime it would be an occupation, and these apparent "dole monkey stoners" as we are all classed by narrow minded people would be working and paying taxes and helping the suffering.

the oldest paper ever found is hemp paper, you get 4 times as much paper from an acre of hemp than you do an acre of trees, and they don't take tens of years to replace, you can make hemp plastic and oil, hemp oil burns 3 times longer than parafin, hemp oil and seeds have all the nutrients and correct levels of omega 3 and 6 your body needs, and also makes material for clothes that is harder wearing than cotton so i better for jeans etc...

i just wish people would do the research rather than act like sheep and just repeat rubbish they seen in papers and on t.v., do some real reading and you might be surprised what you might find REAL surprised

DON'T BE A SHEEP - EDUCATE YOUR NEEP

squidge
02-Sep-10, 23:52
I don't know about legalising drugs altho I have a tendency to think it might be a way of reducing crime and preventing the slide into degradation and prostitution and abuse that so often accompanies drug addiction. What I do know is that we are not addressing or solving the problem now so we need to seriously consider legalisation as an option. Failing to do so because it is unpopular is just a cop out to be Frank. Good luck with the demo

sandyr1
03-Sep-10, 00:06
if it was legal it wouldn't be a crime it would be an occupation, and these apparent "dole monkey stoners" as we are all classed by narrow minded people would be working and paying taxes and helping the suffering.
the oldest paper ever found is hemp paper, you get 4 times as much paper from an acre of hemp than you do an acre of trees, and they don't take tens of years to replace, you can make hemp plastic and oil, hemp oil burns 3 times longer than parafin, hemp oil and seeds have all the nutrients and correct levels of omega 3 and 6 your body needs, and also makes material for clothes that is harder wearing than cotton so i better for jeans etc...
i just wish people would do the research rather than act like sheep and just repeat rubbish they seen in papers and on t.v., do some real reading and you might be surprised what you might find REAL surprised

DON'T BE A SHEEP - EDUCATE YOUR NEEP[/quote]

FYI...I spent approx 35 years dealing with these issues....do you think you are more knowledgable on this subject than me?? I would like to know how you are such an authority? Perhaps you could introduce your 'papers'!

annemarie482
03-Sep-10, 00:11
agree or be shot!
i think i'll pass...............lol

Aaldtimer
03-Sep-10, 03:39
My daughter has serious medical problems that can be allaeviated with the use of cannabis medcation.
Because of her, shall we say, up-market post code she cannot avail herself of the option via NHS prescription.
What kind of prejudice is that?:confused

squidge
03-Sep-10, 06:36
Crikey. Well at the risk of getting my head bitten off I think we as a society have to be prepared to look at it as an option. Currently education about any side effects from cannabis are overshadowed by the message of 'don't do it'. Prohibition of drugs, whatever they might be is not working so we need to be open to alternatives. As I understand it the police are already stopping people who appear to be unfit to drive thro drugs as well as drink so no change there then. As far as 'dole monkey stoners'(what a horrible phrase THAT is) in my experience the number of people unfit to work cos they smoke too much pales into insignificance when compared to those unfit thro drink.

GetWithTheTimes
03-Sep-10, 07:26
I don't know about legalising drugs altho I have a tendency to think it might be a way of reducing crime and preventing the slide into degradation and prostitution and abuse that so often accompanies drug addiction. What I do know is that we are not addressing or solving the problem now so we need to seriously consider legalisation as an option. Failing to do so because it is unpopular is just a cop out to be Frank. Good luck with the demo

alcohol and nicotine are drugs along with painkillers

My daughter has serious medical problems that can be allaeviated with the use of cannabis medcation.
Because of her, shall we say, up-market post code she cannot avail herself of the option via NHS prescription.
What kind of prejudice is that?:confused

i hope this changes for you and one day she can be comfortable and get cannabis as a medicine

FYI...I spent approx 35 years dealing with these issues....do you think you are more knowledgable on this subject than me?? I would like to know how you are such an authority? Perhaps you could introduce your 'papers'!

dealing with what issues? and show what papers?

if you don't like this idea stay out the thread, all you are doing is showing how idiotic and arrogant people can be, i posted this to inform not to argue with a group of bored annoying sheep.

You are nobody to me sandyr1 and you are just in here to argue so i don't even know why i am replying to you!

Crikey. Well at the risk of getting my head bitten off I think we as a society have to be prepared to look at it as an option. Currently education about any side effects from cannabis are overshadowed by the message of 'don't do it'. Prohibition of drugs, whatever they might be is not working so we need to be open to alternatives. As I understand it the police are already stopping people who appear to be unfit to drive thro drugs as well as drink so no change there then. As far as 'dole monkey stoners'(what a horrible phrase THAT is) in my experience the number of people unfit to work cos they smoke too much pales into insignificance when compared to those unfit thro drink.

exactly, the stigma that is attached to cannabis has been there for so many years that the government doesn't want to admit they were wrong and change the laws after all that time

and yes it is a horrible phrase, there are more alcoholics and junkies in prison and causing harm and on the dole than cannabis users WAY more, maybe we should make alcohol illegal too if they wont legalise cannabis that way the drinkers can put up with the discrimination and prejudice cannabis users get daily

Walter Ego
03-Sep-10, 09:55

Oh for crying out loud.

We went over this a couple of weeks back yet some stoners are still banging the 'All Hemp Is Good' drum

Your 'research' will have shown you that the strain of hemp used to do the above is not the same as the one used as a recreational drug.

When you stop using clumsy misleading arguments in an attempt to argue your point against those who you believe are gullible, you might get my support. Those of us who like to base their opinion of fact and not opinion aren't taken in by this one-sided claptrap.

At least have the guts to argue with just what the march is about - narcotic strength hemp.

Corrie 3
03-Sep-10, 13:28
Well there will be a few unwashed sheep in Birmingham on Sunday all bleating on about how hard done by they are!!!
I find it sad and pathetic that people have to use drugs to have a happy decent life...What is so great about sending your head into La-La land???

Using leads to addiction...Fact!!!

[evil]

teenybash
03-Sep-10, 13:53
[quote=Corrie 3;755989]Well there will be a few unwashed sheep in Birmingham on Sunday all bleating on about how hard done by they are!!!
I find it sad and pathetic that people have to use drugs to have a happy decent life...What is so great about sending your head into La-La land???

Using leads to addiction...Fact!!!]

I think your image of people who use cannabis is well outdated. Not all folks who use this plant are low lifes, in fact just the opposite. Many people benefit from the medicinal and calming qualities and are educated enough how to use it responsibly.
Cannabis leads to addiction through the the fact that most 'dealers' sell the life destroying drugs such as heroin etc.
The worst offending legal drug is alcohol....fact!!

sandyr1
03-Sep-10, 14:19
Cannabis leads to addiction through the the fact that most 'dealers' sell the life destroying drugs such as heroin etc.
The worst offending legal drug is alcohol....fact!![/quote]

So very true....but why then create another problem. Check a previous post, two problems are worse than one! Of course this is my opinion only.

sandyr1
03-Sep-10, 14:38
dealing with what issues? and show what papers?

if you don't like this idea stay out the thread, all you are doing is showing how idiotic and arrogant people can be, i posted this to inform not to argue with a group of bored annoying sheep.

You are nobody to me sandyr1 and you are just in here to argue so i don't even know why i am replying to you!

The 'papers'....was my futile attempt at a bit of humor, but obviously it went over your head....(used to roll the stuff)....maybe you still don't get it.

You are the one who in your very first post talked about 'Stoners'.....Not me/ never use the term.....and unlike you I don't call people Morons! Nor have I ever heard the phrase 'Dole Monkey Stoners'.....as you referred yourself as.
There is much debate around the World by 'Civilized People', on the pros and cons of Medicinal Marihuana. I do know of such things, but it seems you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder over this and it does not help your cause.....and you don't have to reply to this...
You started the post, thus you should be aware that all do not agree with you....if the Law says that we should have it as a medicine then we shall obey the law! That is not too difficult for you to understand I hope.

Corrie 3
03-Sep-10, 14:53
The worst offending legal drug is alcohol....fact!!
I am not arguing that fact Teeny but tell me....Do people burgle, rob, mug, just so they can get their next pint/dram ?

Addiction affects a lot of lives whether it be alcohol or drug addiction, drug addicts start off on the mild stuff but its not long before they are trying the hard stuff and once they do that its bingo..they are well and truly hooked!!!

[disgust]

Gleber2
03-Sep-10, 15:04
Well there will be a few unwashed sheep in Birmingham on Sunday all bleating on about how hard done by they are!!!

Using leads to addiction...Fact!!!

[evil]

Oh for crying out loud.

We went over this a couple of weeks back yet some stoners are still banging the 'All Hemp Is Good' drum

Your 'research' will have shown you that the strain of hemp used to do the above is not the same as the one used as a recreational drug.

When you stop using clumsy misleading arguments in an attempt to argue your point against those who you believe are gullible, you might get my support. Those of us who like to base their opinion of fact and not opinion aren't taken in by this one-sided claptrap.

At least have the guts to argue with just what the march is about - narcotic strength hemp.
What a pair of pointless wrong statements, reeking of ignorance and prejudice.
Cannabis was the excuse needed to make hemp illegal and now that hemp has been made legal again it is perhaps time to recognise the fact that there was no problem whatsoever with cannabis until the Hearst newspaper group began to blacken its reputation in order to get their bills past Congress. Most of the publicity printed by Hearst was false and perhaps it is time to recognise this and re-evaluate the situation. The media has continued, since 1930, to continue the line put out by Hearst and others and most people have no real idea why cannabis prohibition began and continues.

Walter Ego
03-Sep-10, 15:25
What a pair of pointless wrong statements, reeking of ignorance and prejudice.
Cannabis was the excuse needed to make hemp illegal and now that hemp has been made legal again it is perhaps time to recognise the fact that there was no problem whatsoever with cannabis until the Hearst newspaper group began to blacken its reputation in order to get their bills past Congress. Most of the publicity printed by Hearst was false and perhaps it is time to recognise this and re-evaluate the situation. The media has continued, since 1930, to continue the line put out by Hearst and others and most people have no real idea why cannabis prohibition began and continues.

Right on cue. I should have put money on it.[lol]

I've said this before Gleber2, you're way off the mark with your assessment of my 'prejudice' and 'ignorance'.

Every time someone comes up with a robust rebuttal to the pro-smoking group, the same lines are relentlessly trotted out by stoners.

You can argue 'All Hemp Is Good' the same way that I could argue that 'All Opiates Are Good' based upon the premise that opiates have been historically used in medicine and people wear poppies to help charity....

Heroin? Nothing wrong with it...it's just the 'prejudice' and 'ignorance' of the non-Illuminati that are spoling it for us regular skag users......

Regarding my own alleged 'anti' stance, Gleber: it may interest you to know that I used to enjoy a smoke many years ago and was put inside for possession and dealing.

Come on then? What's your view on my 'prejudice' and 'ignorance' now that you know that I'm not looking at this from a poorly informed bystanders viewpoint?

Gleber2
03-Sep-10, 15:31
I am not arguing that fact Teeny but tell me....Do people burgle, rob, mug, just so they can get their next pint/dram ?

Addiction affects a lot of lives whether it be alcohol or drug addiction, drug addicts start off on the mild stuff but its not long before they are trying the hard stuff and once they do that its bingo..they are well and truly hooked!!!

[disgust]
Claptrap.
Cannabis is not addictive in the way that the opiates are. It is only a gateway drug because it is sold by the same criminal fraternity that push the chemical drugs and, as there is more money to be made with the latter, it is in their interest to get people to try addictive drugs to make more profit. Legalise grass and it would no longer be a gateway drug.
And yes, not all muggers, burglars and robbers are cannabis smokers. A large part, perhaps are junkies who go through hell if they can't feed their habit, which doesn't happen with cannabis, but alcohol fuels just as many of the aforementioned crimes. I've never heard of a "stoner" going out to create violence but, after 40 years of playing in bars, I have seen an awful lot of alcohol created violence. I also wonder how accidents are caused by drivers on precribed or not prescribed legal drugs.
There is no real answer to any of the problems we have with all drugs, including legal drugs like alcohol or tobacco, as nothing any one can do has stopped the problem wich is getting worse every day. 1000000 people admitted to hospital in England last year for alcohol related problems, with 15000 deaths. It certainly makes me think.
Perhaps all you opinionated and educated people on this forum could examine why so many people feel the need to use reality changing substances and why so many young people find the need to take anything they can get their hands on just to escape this doo-doo heap of a reality we have created for them to grow up in. Let us stop this stupid them and us arguments which get lamely repeated by the same folk time after time when a thread is introduced on the subject. It would be a lot better if there were no mind altering drugs in our lives at all but we have a situation which we are not facing and real knowledge and real facts will be needed to examine the situation. Media, paper selling fantasy stories are believed by too many gullible people and this paints a completely false picture of the true situation. Legal drugs are causing infinitely more damage than all the illegal ones and our prisons are full of people who will not walk the party line. Quite a number of people I know are hooked on vallium, heavy painkillers and all the other abused substances you can get from a chemist. Are we to imprison the chemists also for peddling addictive subsatances, jail the landlords and supermarket chains for the untold misery created by their sale of alcohol and jail all cornershopkeepers for selling tobacco. This is no more ridiculous and would create more good than jailing the numbers who are incarcerated for drug use.

Bazeye
03-Sep-10, 15:35

[disgust]

Corrie this post was originally about a rally in Birmingham trying to change the law about cannabis. You responded by mentioning the "danger" of it and were getting beat in the debate hands down so you had to notch it up a level to drivers smoking cannabis, then to "harder drugs" and on to burglars and housebreakers. Just how deep are you going to carry on digging, youre already out your depth.
May I suggest that you stick to threads that you know something about in the future, before replying to them because youre just making a fool of yourself. Anyway skin up time now so chill.(its ok I paid for it with my hard earned money and didnt rob an OAP/hospice/church/orphanage or whatever.

Gleber2
03-Sep-10, 15:41
Right on cue. I should have put money on it.[lol]

I've said this before Gleber2, you're way off the mark with your assessment of my 'prejudice' and 'ignorance'.

Every time someone comes up with a robust rebuttal to the pro-smoking group, the same lines are relentlessly trotted out by stoners.

You can argue 'All Hemp Is Good' the same way that I could argue that 'All Opiates Are Good' based upon the premise that opiates have been historically used in medicine and people wear poppies to help charity....

Heroin? Nothing wrong with it...it's just the 'prejudice' and 'ignorance' of the non-Illuminati that are spoling it for us regular skag users......

Regarding my own alleged 'anti' stance, Gleber: it may interest you to know that I used to enjoy a smoke many years ago and was put inside for possession and dealing.

Come on then? What's your view on my 'prejudice' and 'ignorance' now that you know that I'm not looking at this from a poorly informed bystanders viewpoint?
My opinion of your stance comes entirely from the content of you posts not your later made statements. You are continually twisting statements and continue to go on as if from " a poorly informed bystanders viewpoint"
BTW, we can still be prescribed the opiates by a doctor but cannabis was taken of the list of pharmaceuticals forty years ago for no apparent reason.
The problem we have right now goes beyond opinion and ego driven certainty and should be viewed as a whole.

teenybash
03-Sep-10, 18:46
Back to the thread...I personally wish those who attend the rally luck and hope their stance plays a positive roll in changing the law.
Many chronically ill people are being denied the benefits of this non addictive herb, because the goverment can't work out how to tax it.

sandyr1
03-Sep-10, 19:04
Back to the thread...I personally wish those who attend the rally luck and hope their stance plays a positive roll in changing the law.
Many chronically ill people are being denied the benefits of this non addictive herb, because the goverment can't work out how to tax it.

Methinks there is a wee bitty more involved than that.....
How do we go about growing it. And who will sell it/ prescribe it/ dispense it?
Then, if it legal to buy it, but it is still illegal to sell it, pray tell me how that will work.....
And I don't slag people/ I just disagree on the 'Non Addictive Herb' thingy.......
And do you think that we should all get together, flaunt the Law by smoking up and think that that will make a difference.....I really doubt it...and then blame the Cops and get in fights with them, just because they are the Servants of the Gov't!
Lets just see how many people turn up/ actually it would be nice to know....

Corrie 3
03-Sep-10, 19:14
Then, if it legal to buy it, but it is still illegal to sell it, pray tell me how that will work.....
And I don't slag people/ I just disagree on the 'Non Addictive Herb' thingy.......
And do you think that we should all get together, flaunt the Law by smoking up and think that that will make a difference.....I really doubt it...and then blame the Cops and get in fights with them, just because they are the Servants of the Gov't!
More important Sandy, how do we go about taxing it? If it pushes the price up from what it is now are the Govt going to increase the JSA to compensate?

[evil]

Gleber2
03-Sep-10, 19:19
There are already huge plantations grown in secret locations by the powers that be in England for medicinal and experimental use.

Welcomefamily
03-Sep-10, 19:29
Having come through the Glastonburys you didnt have to pay for and personally I disagree with its legalisation except for medical purposes which I do feel should be allowed.

Having worked in that area for many years, the concept of it being a gateway drug is a valid one and for many addicts this was a way on to harder stuff. However for those supplying, what happening to them? they just pack up and find new jobs? Dont kid your self, what gets supplied next? it will not be as soft as cannabis?

Why do a lot of people take Cannabis, I would guess that some of you came through the 60s and your reasons are very different, relaxation etc
Why do a lot of youngsters take it, because its illegal. In the same way that we speed, mankind has to take risks. How many youngsters will be interested if its legal, its removed the risk.

If you make cannabis legal, whats supplied next?

Bazeye
03-Sep-10, 19:42
Having worked in that area for many years, the concept of it being a gateway drug is a valid one and for many addicts this was a way on to harder stuff. However for those supplying, what happening to them? they just pack up and find new jobs? Dont kid your self, what gets supplied next? it will not be as soft as cannabis?

That doesnt make sense to me. In one sentence you say that if cannabis was legal the dealers would then sell hard drugs instead of cannabis. In another sentence you say that cannabis is a gateway to hard drugs, so who's selling the hard drugs now then?:confused

sandyr1
03-Sep-10, 19:46
There are already huge plantations grown in secret locations by the powers that be in England for medicinal and experimental use.

So why is our 'friend' marching??

Welcomefamily
03-Sep-10, 19:53
As I said, for some people it is a gateway to harder drugs. People make a living from selling drugs, should they not have cannabis, they will sell other things. Cannabis is a safest option so keep it illegal.

Bazeye
03-Sep-10, 19:55

Because he probably enjoys a spliff.

Bazeye
03-Sep-10, 19:58
As I said, for some people it is a gateway to harder drugs. People make a living from selling drugs, should they not have cannabis, they will sell other things. Cannabis is a safest option so keep it illegal.

I agree. How much tax does this government put on alcohol, tobacco and fuel? I say keep it illegal or the price of it will soar.

Gleber2
03-Sep-10, 19:59
When the fruits of these plantations are available to all then he won't need to march.

Corrie 3
03-Sep-10, 20:04
When the fruits of these plantations are available to all then he won't need to march.
It will probably end up in a police bashing exercise and cost half a £million like all the "marches" by the Great Unwashed!!! Drug influenced brains cost the taxpayer a lot of dosh!!

[evil]

Bazeye
03-Sep-10, 20:06

He'll probably feel more like a lie down instead. ""Marching?....marching for what?.....nah, cant be bothered.....mebbe tomorrow eh"...........

golach
03-Sep-10, 20:06
Alcohol and tobacco are legal, then why are there so much bootleg tobacco and Booze on the market?
DVDs Cdroms & PC games are all legal, why is there a pirate market?

One answer GREED, the so called entrepreneurs, of this county are well know to be opportunists and will jump on the weakness of others at the first chance.
Even if Cannabis was leagalised, you would still have illegal dealers and growers.

Bazeye
03-Sep-10, 20:14
Corrie, youre not a soap salesman are you? So far we've had an "unwashed" and two "great unwasheds".
Just out of curiosity whats the difference?

Bazeye
03-Sep-10, 20:16
Alcohol and tobacco are legal, then why are there so much bootleg tobacco and Booze on the market?

One answer GREED, the so called entrepreneurs, of this county are well know to be opportunists and will jump on the weakness of others at the first chance.
Even if Cannabis was leagalised, you would still have illegal dealers and growers.

Or it could be greed on the parts of the companies/government for selling them at such inflated prices in the first place?

Corrie 3
03-Sep-10, 20:51
Corrie, youre not a soap salesman are you? So far we've had an "unwashed" and two "great unwasheds".
Just out of curiosity whats the difference?
Easy one Bazeye.....The great unwashed are protesters from London and the South East...the unwashed are from the rest of Britain (including Caithness) !!
;)

Gleber2
03-Sep-10, 20:55
How can we, if it's legal?

changilass
03-Sep-10, 20:58
I think he means folks selling it withouth paying the government their share as happens already with fags and booze.

Bazeye
03-Sep-10, 21:00
Easy one Bazeye.....The great unwashed are protesters from London and the South East...the unwashed are from the rest of Britain (including Caithness) !!
;)

Bit disappointed really, I always considered myself one of the Great unwashed. Ah well not to worry, just have to do a big fat one now to cheer myself up a bit.

golach
03-Sep-10, 23:35
How can we, if it's legal?

Simple , bootleggers sell illicit alcohol and tobacco, they are supposed to be legal, and by using the term "how can we" do you admit do be an illicit dealer?

Gleber2
04-Sep-10, 00:16
Simple , bootleggers sell illicit alcohol and tobacco, they are supposed to be legal, and by using the term "how can we" do you admit do be an illicit dealer?
By 'we' I meant everybody, even you. I deliberately chose to misunderstand your post, as Changilas pointed out. I was joking.
Of course, you always become personal on a Friday night after your usual libations, legal of course.

ducati
04-Sep-10, 00:24
Maybe the pros should have a demo in Birmingham on the same day to let it be known they don't want Pot legalised. They could all go and get tanked up first just in case there is any agro. I like stoners and I like drunks, but which is best......

golach
04-Sep-10, 00:25
By 'we' I meant everybody, even you. I deliberately chose to misunderstand your post, as Changilas pointed out. I was joking.
Of course, you always become personal on a Friday night after your usual libations, legal of course.
Sorry Gleber, I am sober, never been on the sauce tonight. And if I was it would be the legal type, how was I being personal? Have you a guilty conscience? I wonder why??

Bazeye
04-Sep-10, 01:16
Just been watching the Reading highlights on the box and have come up with an equation.

Festivals + Weed = No violence (Well hardly any)
Football + Alcohol = Violence

Problem solved. Wonder what it would be like the other way round? :confused

Btw last year I got a mate of mine a ticket for the Reading festival last year, he didnt go and hasnt spoken to me since. How the hell was I to know he was dyslexic

Nacho
04-Sep-10, 01:54

most folk i know who sell dope don't sell any other drugs, if anything they are against the chemical and current wave of 'legal highs' that are sweeping the streets. to say it's a gateway drug is pure pish, if someone wants to take harder drugs, they'll sniff them out of their own accord.

It will probably end up in a police bashing exercise and cost half a £million like all the "marches" by the Great Unwashed!!! Drug influenced brains cost the taxpayer a lot of dosh!!

[evil]

this statement is almost too imbecilic to credit a response, but for the record, whenever i've attended pro-cannabis meetings, the majority of attendees are people in medicinal need of the drug, sufferers of MS for example. the great unwashed will stay in bed while the medicinal and recreational users will be taking a days leave from their lower, middle and upper echelon jobs to have their voice heard.

the difference between illegal alcohol/fags/dvds and then dope is quality, if you had the first clue about what the 'great unwashed' are smoking, you'd find that for many it's a very small amount of dope adulterated with all sorts of pharmaceutical drugs to present a 'stone' to the customer.

legalizing dope would introduce some sort of quality control, it would be expensive, sure, but good quality dope is already pretty expensive.

if i could attend the rally i certainly would, and i'd be pushing my MS afflicted relative with me.

if nothing is done about the current 'legal' highs such as M1 or MDPV, Golach, Corrie et al will be wishing they hadn't been so blinkered in thinking that cannabis is the scourge.

you wait and see, cannabis is our friendly weed :)

ducati
04-Sep-10, 08:50
Maybe whoever is putting Anthrax in heroin will expand their horizons, not for me then :eek:

Walter Ego
04-Sep-10, 10:34
My opinion of your stance comes entirely from the content of you posts not your later made statements. You are continually twisting statements and continue to go on as if from " a poorly informed bystanders viewpoint"
BTW, we can still be prescribed the opiates by a doctor but cannabis was taken of the list of pharmaceuticals forty years ago for no apparent reason.
The problem we have right now goes beyond opinion and ego driven certainty and should be viewed as a whole.

Indeed, that's why I'm attempting to point out that the argument for legalising smoke-grade hemp should be totally seperate from the benefits of lower grade hemp. It's a totally different argument.

Just lumping them together fools no-one with an ounce of analytical skills. If you can't convince a few people on a forum without resorting to accusing 'them' of controlling the whole caboosh and pretending that you have everyones best interest at heart in your quest for narcotic self-gratification, then you are going to be slaughtered by those with real ammunition and nous in their locker in the real world.

"There are already huge plantations grown in secret locations by the powers that be in England for medicinal and experimental use."

BTW..if the State are running 'huge' and 'secret' secret dope farms - how do you know?

Evidence please, (and not just a photie of some hemp in a non-desript field, please).......

There's certainly trial hemp plantations around the county - that's no big secret, neither is the fact that these areas are relatively 'quiet' to avoid being invaded by ill-informed stoners and wannabees....but that doesn't match up with your description earlier.

Or are you trying to twist the facts a little to make it look as if there is some secret 'State control' by 'the powers that be in England' (Nicely slipping the blame onto another country) operation in place?

I know what my moneys on.;)

Bazeye
04-Sep-10, 11:39
The unspeakable scourge.:lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLLLTntnqjk

Gleber2
04-Sep-10, 13:04
Indeed, that's why I'm attempting to point out that the argument for legalising smoke-grade hemp should be totally seperate from the benefits of lower grade hemp. It's a totally different argument.

Just lumping them together fools no-one with an ounce of analytical skills. If you can't convince a few people on a forum without resorting to accusing 'them' of controlling the whole caboosh and pretending that you have everyones best interest at heart in your quest for narcotic self-gratification, then you are going to be slaughtered by those with real ammunition and nous in their locker in the real world.

"There are already huge plantations grown in secret locations by the powers that be in England for medicinal and experimental use."

BTW..if the State are running 'huge' and 'secret' secret dope farms - how do you know?

Evidence please, (and not just a photie of some hemp in a non-desript field, please).......

There's certainly trial hemp plantations around the county - that's no big secret, neither is the fact that these areas are relatively 'quiet' to avoid being invaded by ill-informed stoners and wannabees....but that doesn't match up with your description earlier.

Or are you trying to twist the facts a little to make it look as if there is some secret 'State control' by 'the powers that be in England' (Nicely slipping the blame onto another country) operation in place?

I know what my moneys on.;)
Recently, on TV, there was a program, can't remember which, which actually showed a few shots of one of the indoor farms run by the agency which is researching into medicinal cannabis . The indoor area was massive. Surely, if medicinal prescriptions of a THC based drug is going to be on the market, then it stands to reason that a lot of it will have to be grown in this country, as is the case.
If your second paragraph is aimed at me then you insult my intelligence and completely misunderstand the points I have been trying to make.

changilass
04-Sep-10, 13:09
I remember seeing it too, I think it was an item on the news G2, as you say the area was massive.

Makes you wonder how they have managed to keep it secret.

Walter Ego
04-Sep-10, 14:25
Recently, on TV, there was a program, can't remember which, which actually showed a few shots of one of the indoor farms run by the agency which is researching into medicinal cannabis . The indoor area was massive. Surely, if medicinal prescriptions of a THC based drug is going to be on the market, then it stands to reason that a lot of it will have to be grown in this country, as is the case.
If your second paragraph is aimed at me then you insult my intelligence and completely misunderstand the points I have been trying to make.

I must admit to a little cheeky (and cynical) taunting in the second paragraph..:Razz

We're certainly in agreement with the fact that THC is a useful medical drug, there are many positive aspects to it I'm sure.

Like I said, it's the connection between recreational use and medical use that is being used as a rather clumsy argument to legalise recreational taking of the drug that I find laughable.

I've no personal problem with anyone smoking, used to do loads myself but gave up when I gave up smoking tobacco...a but silly to stop smoking fags and keep tokin' IMO.

But...some of my now older friends who were what I'd call seriously into weed haven't fared very well. I only see them occasionally (the ons that are still alive and not inside) and, to be honest, they all have lost their 'edge', are quite forgetful and give the impression of being in a constant mild paranoia. Not exactly a medical opinion, I know. But I trust my judgement on this.

Smokings a bit like having a few drinks too many and getting a bit wobbly - fine by me. Serous long-term use will lead to problems with alcohol and I haven't seen anything to tell me that THC is any better. In fact it could be worse as we don't fully understand the long term effects.

Given the choice, I'd legalise smoking and ban alcohol. As many have pointed out, you don't get gangs of stoners kicking in innocent passers by at chucking out time, do you?

Just use intelligent argument to further the cause, not clumsy semi-political, 'conspiracy' guff as in Pegasus' youtube link on the other thread.

Walter Ego
04-Sep-10, 14:29
I remember seeing it too, I think it was an item on the news G2, as you say the area was massive.

Makes you wonder how they have managed to keep it secret.

I wouldn't say the areas are massive. A couple of acres of hemp may look huge on the telly, but then you'd not describe two acres of barley as a 'massive' area would you? A large market garden building can grow a lot of stuff - but it's small potatoes (or hemp), really.

The open hemp growing tends to take place in areas central on arable farms where there is no obvious direct road access and it is impossible to see the crops up close without doing some serious tramping.

Gleber2
04-Sep-10, 15:16
Smokings a bit like having a few drinks too many and getting a bit wobbly - fine by me. Serous long-term use will lead to problems with alcohol and I haven't seen anything to tell me that THC is any better. In fact it could be worse as we don't fully understand the long term effects.

Given the choice, I'd legalise smoking and ban alcohol. As many have pointed out, you don't get gangs of stoners kicking in innocent passers by at chucking out time, do you?

Just use intelligent argument to further the cause, not clumsy semi-political, 'conspiracy' guff as in Pegasus' youtube link on the other thread.
We don't know the side effects of a drug that was used for thousands of years?
Making anyrthing illegal does not stop its use, in fact maybe the illegallity can sometimes be the reason it is being taken. Prohibition has never worked and never will.
I use intelligent arguments to back my points. You don't.
As far as sarcastic digs are concerned, your flippancy does much to say that you don't have the information or the nous to state your case from an unbiased angle.
BTW when I wrote in an earlier post that we need to get away from 'ego' driven opinions, I was, of course, getting at you.:Razz Your Org name should only have your chosen surname.;)
Also, legalisation of cannabis is no solution to any of our drug problems and deciminalising would be pointless. We need to address the drug problem per se, not just a little bit of it.

Gleber2
04-Sep-10, 15:20
I wouldn't say the areas are massive. A couple of acres of hemp may look huge on the telly, but then you'd not describe two acres of barley as a 'massive' area would you? A large market garden building can grow a lot of stuff - but it's small potatoes (or hemp), really.

The open hemp growing tends to take place in areas central on arable farms where there is no obvious direct road access and it is impossible to see the crops up close without doing some serious tramping.
A small room system can create many kilos of flowering tops. The area on the telly was huge and with a fresh crop every eight weeks, could produce huge ammounts. We are not talking about hemp, we are talking about polyploid plants with high resin content and very high potencey.
You are showing you ignorance.

Walter Ego
04-Sep-10, 15:50
We don't know the side effects of a drug that was used for thousands of years?
Making anyrthing illegal does not stop its use, in fact maybe the illegallity can sometimes be the reason it is being taken. Prohibition has never worked and never will.
I use intelligent arguments to back my points. You don't.
As far as sarcastic digs are concerned, your flippancy does much to say that you don't have the information or the nous to state your case from an unbiased angle.
BTW when I wrote in an earlier post that we need to get away from 'ego' driven opinions, I was, of course, getting at you.:Razz Your Org name should only have your chosen surname.;)
Also, legalisation of cannabis is no solution to any of our drug problems and deciminalising would be pointless. We need to address the drug problem per se, not just a little bit of it.

A small room system can create many kilos of flowering tops. The area on the telly was huge and with a fresh crop every eight weeks, could produce huge ammounts. We are not talking about hemp, we are talking about polyploid plants with high resin content and very high potencey.
You are showing you ignorance.

Aye, I haven't got a clue what I'm talking about. I'm laughing my head off now.

Get your head out of that cloud eminating from your clifftop shed, G, and you might actually 'get' what I'm on about. There's more going on out there than you will ever comprehend.

Until then, my work here is done.

Goodbye.[lol]

Walter Ego
04-Sep-10, 15:54
I wouldn't say the areas are massive. A couple of acres of hemp may look huge on the telly, but then you'd not describe two acres of barley as a 'massive' area would you?

A large market garden building can grow a lot of stuff - but it's small potatoes (or hemp), really.

Nearly forgot.

Read the above, oh omniscient one, and then re-evaluate your comment regarding my 'knowledge' of amounts produced in buildings.

You're a user and possibly a dealer amongst friends. Some people are a bit higher up the food chain.

Exit.

Gleber2
04-Sep-10, 16:10
Nearly forgot.

Read the above, oh omniscient one, and then re-evaluate your comment regarding my 'knowledge' of amounts produced in buildings.

You're a user and possibly a dealer amongst friends. Some people are a bit higher up the food chain.

Exit.
You are becoming laughable. LOL LOL LOL

Serenity
04-Sep-10, 21:13
Not read the whole thread, as it seemed to have a lot of reactionary rubbish from the usual suspects.
But a few weeks ago in the Independent there was a cannabis mouth spray company in the business section. They have been allowed to grow in secret locations in the south of England. I think this has been covered though.

In this weeks "New Scientist" there is an article about research on several drugs. Cannabis for the widely documented benefits; mdma, lsd and psylosibin as useful in post traumatic stress disorder, among other uses. There are quite a few interesting reads in this weeks edition. It appears to be well known in the science community that these drugs are only "schedule1" (to use the USA terms) because of political reasons and not scientific. I have not taken any of the afore mentioned but legally prescribed drugs have messed me up pretty bad. And I'm not alone.
Sorry if I took this off topic. Trying to get my point across quickly as in an internet cafe.

teenybash
04-Sep-10, 21:26
Not read the whole thread, as it seemed to have a lot of reactionary rubbish from the usual suspects.
But a few weeks ago in the Independent there was a cannabis mouth spray company in the business section. They have been allowed to grow in secret locations in the south of England. I think this has been covered though.

In this weeks "New Scientist" there is an article about research on several drugs. Cannabis for the widely documented benefits; mdma, lsd and psylosibin as useful in post traumatic stress disorder, among other uses. There are quite a few interesting reads in this weeks edition. It appears to be well known in the science community that these drugs are only "schedule1" (to use the USA terms) because of political reasons and not scientific. I have not taken any of the afore mentioned but legally prescribed drugs have messed me up pretty bad. And I'm not alone.
Sorry if I took this off topic. Trying to get my point across quickly as in an internet cafe.

Unfortunately the insanity of politics often gets in the way of common sense, especially related to the legalisation of cannabis and the benefits that can be derived from it....and no I don't smoke it and never have, but am aware of the benefits that are well enough documented.

gleeber
04-Sep-10, 21:52

That's a good post serenity.
I was talking to someone just recently about the medical benefits of cannabis and although Ive never used cannabis for anything other than relaxation, similar to a couple of drams in the pub or a nice glass or two of red wine with some friends (not any more I hasten to add before the bobbies raid the Glebe) I'm aware there are other possibilities in its use.
That being said. I think young people are better not to get involved with mind altering substances until theyre old enough to see past the end of their noses. Apparently the brain is still forming in a young person up until the age of 25 and thats one of the concerns of those who are against it's decriminalisation including parents. Paradoxically though with the right environment and well researched methods, I think cannabis in particular and small doses of LSD could be beneficial in helping a particular broken life experience. Could be I say and it is only a personal opinion.
That wouldnt mean people would get out of their heads and then be therapised by an equally stoned therapist but in small amounts it could be used in a similar fashion as Valium has been used for decades. Its also non-addictive.
Theres obviously lots more to consider but at the moment and well into the forseeable future, there's not a politician in the country or anyone with any clout in making the law would back a campaign to decriminalise cannabis.
Doesnt mean the debate should go away though. Not that there is a debate apart from these periodic skirmishes on the org.
If I was in Birmingham I would probably support the march.

Bazeye
05-Sep-10, 01:12
And none of the politicians ever used it while they were at uni, or if they did they never inhaled it......yeah right.

sandyr1
05-Sep-10, 02:17

I don't usually make public a 'bad rep', but you did it to me on 'generalization', and then you say you haven't read the whole thread////wow....how intuitive!
And where on earth did you read that LSD...Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, MDMA....Ecstasy, and 'Magic Mushroom' was accepted in North America..... perhaps in some 'weird/wired' world....
I would love to know, after the US tried LSD during the period of the Vietnam War & how they have progressed?
And drugs are a choice, even prescription!

sherbetfish
05-Sep-10, 15:40
One Big Smoke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmLC3Ofs_Aw

Check out the LCA at http://www.lca-uk.org/

Gleber2
05-Sep-10, 16:36
Its been known for 500 years that cannabis cures tumors of all kinds. In medieval arabic medicine it was used for tumors, epilepsy, skin conditions, pain of child birth, menstrual cramps, too many other things to list here.
As has been said before, "Do not confuse them with facts, they have already made up their minds."
Call up Hemp oil on Youtube. Very interesting regarding cancer cure.

sherbetfish
05-Sep-10, 16:53
I know but most of what you'll find on youtube is about research from the past 40 years. I was just pointing out that its been known a lot longer.

People really should check these things out. The american government holds a patent on medical cannabis research, think about why this is.

If people are going to check out youtube i recommend you check this out http://www.youtube.com/user/EssiacHempLaetrile.

Saves you searching, also a few doctors who have published papers and books on this are Lester grinspoon, Tod H Mikuriya and Dr Donald Tashkin.

If its rick simpson your talking about when you say search hemp oil on youtube, its easier to watch run from the cure here http://www.archive.org/details/RickSimpsonsCrushCancerWithHempAndTruth-FreeInternetSeminar.

Another thing people should see is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16r3GeTD5D4.

Gleber2
05-Sep-10, 18:34
I know but most of what you'll find on youtube is about research from the past 40 years. I was just pointing out that its been known a lot longer.

Aye, it is known that cannabis has been used medicinally for 5000 years and traces have been found in Egytion mummies. Even Queen Victoria is reputed to have used for resperatory problems like asthma.

sherbetfish
05-Sep-10, 19:02
I know how long its been used for and what it has been used for, you don't need to tell me.

ducati
05-Sep-10, 19:07
Its quite amusing to watch all the stoners desperately try to justify their abuse of a narcotic to the majority of right thinking people who know better than to experiment and have a strong interest in keeping drugs illegal.

sherbetfish
05-Sep-10, 19:25
Its quite amusing to watch all the stoners desperately try to justify their abuse of a narcotic to the majority of right thinking people who know better than to experiment and have a strong interest in keeping drugs illegal.

I wish people wouldn't mouth off like that unless they have something other than government lies (research) to back it up. What makes you so sure people who have used this plant as a medicine for thousands of years are wrong. Remember its been illegal for less than a hundred years.

ducati
05-Sep-10, 19:29
No thanks, I don't really put much store in that kind of thing. Written by people off their face on something or other, presumably :eek:

teenybash
05-Sep-10, 19:55
http://marijuanacannabis.wordpress.com/tag/cancer/

I don't think this man is 'out of his face'
Maybe you need to open your mind and look beyond the low life numpties that use and abuse whatever they can get their hand on.

sherbetfish
05-Sep-10, 20:03
No thanks, I don't really put much store in that kind of thing. Written by people off their face on something or other, presumably :eek:

Grow up, Dr lester grinspoon and Dr Tashkin have been researching cannabinoid use for over 30 years. If you don't have anything intelligent to say then just don't bother.

Phill
05-Sep-10, 20:32
When is Peg's ban up Sherbet?

sherbetfish
05-Sep-10, 20:42
When is Peg's ban up Sherbet?

Eh?, i don't know

sherbetfish
05-Sep-10, 21:15

Maybe you need to open your mind and look beyond the low life numpties that use and abuse whatever they can get their hand on.

Yeah man, its sick what's happened to him because he cured cancer. People really need to start taking this seriously. No intelligent person could justify the hassle he's had.

ducati
05-Sep-10, 22:39
Grow up, Dr lester grinspoon and Dr Tashkin have been researching cannabinoid use for over 30 years. If you don't have anything intelligent to say then just don't bother.

Its been proven that so called studies showing brain cell damage are all wrong, have you ever seen what they did to monkeys in those studies which say things like that?, they forced the monkeys to smoke 60 joints through a gas mask, then said that cannabis kills brain cells. When you do that you starve the brain of oxygen and brain cells start to die, thats what happened.

If you need more its not hard to find.

This thread is supposed to be about a rally in birmingham which you obviously wont be going to if this is what you think. Why bother posting childish crap, does it make you feel big. The thing is you obviously don't have anything at all to say.

Actually I have plenty to say. But I don't really see the point of talking to people who are happy to support child pornography, prostitution, human trafficking, murder, gang crime all around the world, just to get their fix, and then try to justify it here. I'm not interested.

teenybash
05-Sep-10, 23:45
Actually I have plenty to say. But I don't really see the point of talking to people who are happy to support child pornography, prostitution, human trafficking, murder, gang crime all around the world, just to get their fix, and then try to justify it here. I'm not interested.

Your statement highlights why cannabis should be legalized and taken out of the hands of abusers and cultivated and processed for the greater good of humankind.

changilass
05-Sep-10, 23:56
What about the compromise of legalising it for medical use by prescription only?

Or is that to simple.

sandyr1
06-Sep-10, 00:11

Rick Simpson....High Times (Marihuana) Cup/ Stoner of the Year!
Are you serious..he himself said in 09 he was wanted by the RCMP in Canada....for Drugs!

sandyr1
06-Sep-10, 00:21
What about the compromise of legalising it for medical use by prescription only?

Or is that to simple.

You are likely correct....It is so simple but so complicated....I heard they were trying to perfect the Synthetic THC but are unable to get it right.....and Marihuana growing in totally controlled conditions, and from there to patient use, is near impossible.
The people who put pins and needles in Halloween treats also put rat poison etc etc in Hash Oil! They contaminate the marihuana leaf with many nasty things......so that is one of the reason, beer/ alcohol etc is properly sealed.......

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 01:08
Rick Simpson....High Times (Marihuana) Cup/ Stoner of the Year!
Are you serious..he himself said in 09 he was wanted by the RCMP in Canada....for Drugs!
Which he used for medicinal purposes I believe. BTW was it not Freedom Fighter of the year award?

sandyr1
06-Sep-10, 02:18
Which he used for medicinal purposes I believe. BTW was it not Freedom Fighter of the year award?

Yes he did!
Perhaps a Freedom Fighter/ The Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam/ Perhaps a Drug trafficker...Pleaded Guilty to trafficking apparently...... twice/ in possession of approx 2,000 plants. It was stated that it would take 76 years for a heavy Cannabis smoker to use that much....but it would appear that he just gave it away to cancer sufferers...but the Cancer Society wants nothing to do with him

If everyone did as he did and broke the Law, then where would we be? There are ways and means to change the law....I fear it is not by breaking it.....
Perhaps I am wrong...I know of people with MS who says it works....It relieves much.....But then where are Drs., who would legitimize these claims to the GOv't.
I don't think that a bunch of people standing around 'toking' gives a good impression!

sherbetfish
06-Sep-10, 08:49

Or is that to simple.

With hemp you have industrial, medicinal and recreational so its not that simple. I totally agree that it could work being prescribed by a doctor. Its not right for everyone and in a few its not effective as a medicine but this is rare. Think about some of the potentially dangerous drugs you can walk into a shop or chemist and buy, you could OD on most of them quite easily.

sherbetfish
06-Sep-10, 10:54
You are likely correct....It is so simple but so complicated....I heard they were trying to perfect the Synthetic THC but are unable to get it right.....and Marihuana growing in totally controlled conditions, and from there to patient use, is near impossible.
The people who put pins and needles in Halloween treats also put rat poison etc etc in Hash Oil! They contaminate the marihuana leaf with many nasty things......so that is one of the reason, beer/ alcohol etc is properly sealed.......

Just to try and keep this thread on topic here's another link about ONE BIG SMOKE

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=128765123836167&ref=ts

ducati
06-Sep-10, 12:07
A new member attempted to bad rep me for objecting to junkies promoting their garbage on my favourite forum [lol]

Thanks for all the good rep guys.

Corrie 3
06-Sep-10, 12:37
I have just done a Google search on this protest and found nothing at all, the last protest in Birmingham was 4th may 2010.
Do you think the drug has got to the OP's memory cells???

[lol][lol][lol]

sandyr1
06-Sep-10, 13:38
[quote=sherbetfish;757150]The synthetic cannabinoids your talking about all have side effects that cannabis does not. Where do you get this ridiculous idea about rat poison in hash oil?, i know its most likely the media. Oil when produced in controlled conditions is safe. What do you think is in sativex?, that's now being prescribed and the company who make it say they are working on others. I personally don't like the way they do things but thats because i beleive you could get the same effects from cooking or baking with cannabis in a lot of cases. Some of the work they are doing could turn out to be useful for people who can't smoke or can't tolerate some of the effects.

Just to try and keep this thread on topic here's another link about ONE BIG SMOKE

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?

When did you suddenly become the voice of authority on this subject/ anything can be compromised and you can be assured that it is!
As I said to the original poster....show me your 'papers'!

sandyr1
06-Sep-10, 13:48
Why am I am other people getting bad reps from sherbetfish and others because we disagree with his/her stance on this matter? This is stoooooopid.....
Correct me if I am wrong....this was never intend to be used for such.

changilass
06-Sep-10, 13:51
I wouldn't let it worry you too much, as a new user he/she don't have much clout so it willnae make much difference.

Corrie 3
06-Sep-10, 13:52
Why am I am other people getting bad reps from sherbetfish bucause we disagree with his/her stance on this matter? This is stoooooopid.....
Correct me if I am wrong....this was never intend to be used for such.
I got one also but not from Sherbetfish!!!...Just because I said the great unwashed from from London and the South East....never mind, I wont lose any sleep over it!!!
:eek:

sandyr1
06-Sep-10, 14:03
I got one also but not from Sherbetfish!!!...Just because I said the great unwashed from from London and the South East....never mind, I wont lose any sleep over it!!!
:eek:

Am not worried about the reps, but just the idea that people are so...(pick a word)...as to come onto a site and start blasting their own opinions when......I shall leave this to those with some common sense!

changilass
06-Sep-10, 14:28
Hehe I got one too, not required so simply returtned to sender :lol::lol:

unicorn
06-Sep-10, 14:39

Or is that to simple.
Very good point, I wonder how many of these protestors will be wanting it legalised for this purpose only?
I think many there will be there for their own selfish gains.

golach
06-Sep-10, 14:50
Very good point, I wonder how many of these protesters will be wanting it legalised for this purpose only?
I think many there will be there for their own selfish gains.

Exactly Unicorn, the ones shouting for the legalising of this drug do not want it to be just for medical science and to be controlled that way, they want it for their own personal gratification, nothing more and nothing less, the smoke screen being put up is that this drug will benifit mankind....Aye Right, Its for their own GREED!!!!!!

ducati
06-Sep-10, 14:58
, the smoke screen

[lol][lol][lol]

golach
06-Sep-10, 16:44
Thank you for the bad rep sherbetfish, I will return the compliment at the first opportunity [disgust]

unicorn
06-Sep-10, 17:40
Thank you for the bad rep sherbetfish, I will return the compliment at the first opportunity [disgust]
Yeah but your rep looks so much healthier than his [lol]

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 18:00
How sad to see what could be a good debate with input from all camps come down to a personal slanging match instigated by those who contribute nothing but prejudiced opinions which never get backed up with facts.
Two chief advisers to the government and the retiring head man of the Royal College of Physicians have stated their points to the government who react like a Parliament full of Golachs. They made the same points as many in the pro camp on this forum This will no doubt continue until they appoint an adviser that agrees with the official attitude.
We cannot, it has been proved, even reduce the ammount of cannabis used in this country. The war has been lost.
Many people with medical problems cannot get relief from anything but cannabis and have to break the law to gain some painfree time. This also means dealing with the criminal fraternity.
So many young people are smoking and nothing seems to be able to stop this. What they are smoking has been found to contain human and camel excretia, turpentine, solder flux, heroin, largacyl tranquiliser, powdered up old records, pine resin and many other substances. This particular drug is really bad for health but it is available throughout Britain
Many people choose to break the law by growing it for personal use and indeed, there is a great demand for the home grown products. However, huge quantities are being grown in this country by foreign gangs who tend to spray their flowers with powdered glass, sugar, sand and silicone spray to make it look better and to boost the weight. These additives are far from good for youbut there is already a huge demand for these adultrated goods.
It will be said that everyone has the ability to say no but an incredible number don't and they are on the increase. Why, as I have asked before, do so many young and not so young feel the need to get high. Answer that question and we might be able to reduce the abuse but that question seems to be unanswerable.
Medicinal cannabis sprays are almost on the market and a number of countries have recognised and admitted that there is a strong case for legalisation of cultivation and experiments on the possible uses of the plant.
Smoking hemp was not, in any historically proven way, a problem until it was prohibited when, of course, it was possible for the first time, to make a profit out of it.
God, in his infinite wisdom, gave us the plant and man, in his infinite greed and ignorance, took it away. All that most of us want is the right to grow a small number of plants for personal use as it is in Holland and Portugal
but most of all, we want to see the stigma and prejudice removed from the subject as this is one of the most important plants on Earth whether your own particular attitude agrees or not.
Conduct this debate with adult attitudes and take the playground insults on such a personal level out of it. Discuss like grownups, a subject which is one of the most important before us at this point in time when the country, no the world, is being flooded with legal and illegal subsatnces sold for huge gain by very nasty people.
Everything else has been tried and everything has failed. Legalisation of all drugs and strict legal control is, in my opinion and the opinion of countless people across the entire spectum of our society, the only alternative left.
Draconian jail sentences we already have and the death penalty in some countries also has not reduced the contaband flow in the slightest. Take away money, homes, cars etc and people will still take the risk and continue supply. The war, as has been said, has been lost. If an alternative cannot be implemented we face a future of incredible proliferation and an increase in the number of junkies at an unprecedented rate. It is in the interests of the terrorist suppliers to get as many people addicted to heroin, cocaine and crack cocaine and crystal meth as this brings in guaranteed money, much more than can be made from cannabis sales.
If I have repeated any points I have made in previous posts, I aplogise.
If you have nothing to add to a good debate but personal comment and insult, why don't you stay out of it. We have seen all the one line posts possible over five years on this forum and not many have contibuted anything positive.

golach
06-Sep-10, 18:55
How sad to see what could be a good debate with input from all camps come down to a personal slanging match instigated by those who contribute nothing but prejudiced opinions which never get backed up with facts.
Two chief advisers to the government and the retiring head man of the Royal College of Physicians have stated their points to the government who react like a Parliament full of Golachs. If I have repeated any points I have made in previous posts, I aplogise.
If you have nothing to add to a good debate but personal comment and insult, why don't you stay out of it. We have seen all the one line posts possible over five years on this forum and not many have contibuted anything positive.

Sighs, G2, who is now making personal attacks, the other night you suggested I was drunk, now you attack me here. You have stated you live by and for the weed, and you did the time to prove it, so what, I hate the weed and all it stands for, I spent many years, tracking down and helping jail a few drug smugglers, I enjoyed my life in the Customs, and I would still do so if I could.
Sadly I am now retired, but I can still enjoy a dram, without going out and mugging fellow pensioners to get my next fix/hit or what ever you wish to call it now.
I will live my life, G2, what can I say about your drug induced life?

John Little
06-Sep-10, 19:06
Perhaps this is a bigger issue?
Maybe about personal liberty?

Objectively, if someone wants to take drugs then I do not have any problem with it. What they do with their body is up to them.

I use alcohol. I used to use tobacco. I don't do drugs.... but....

Until 1921 you could buy cocaine freely over the counter in Boots the chemist and everyone knows that Queen Victoria was fond of cannabis.

Then nanny state stepped in......

Frankly if someone wants to go to Hell and back then I wonder why I or the state should have a right to interfere?

On the other hand if the industry (for such it is) were legalised, taxed, regulated, then the generated revenue could do a lot of good and crime would go down. And the drugs would be safer.

What drug lords fear most is legalisation. It is prohibition that fuels the problem. Look at Bix Beiderbecke- died of alcoholic poisoning at a time when, in theory, you could get no alcohol in the States.

End of Prohibition = collapse of crime wave.

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 19:26
Sighs, G2, who is now making personal attacks, the other night you suggested I was drunk, now you attack me here. You have stated you live by and for the weed, and you did the time to prove it, so what, I hate the weed and all it stands for, I spent many years, tracking down and helping jail a few drug smugglers, I enjoyed my life in the Customs, and I would still do so if I could.
Sadly I am now retired, but I can still enjoy a dram, without going out and mugging fellow pensioners to get my next fix/hit or what ever you wish to call it now.
I will live my life, G2, what can I say about your drug induced life?

Have you no sense of humour? I sugested you had your usual Friday night libation, no more, in a joking fashion. A parliament of Golachs is more of a complement than an insult. Very mild insults if indeed they can be construed as such. I have seen, on this forum, more insults from you than any other poster to all sorts of people who disagree with your much stated view. We all know what you did for a career, you've told us often enough.
I have never known, in 42 years, a smoker who has gone out and mugged some-one. I have known countless people who have started fights on drink.
What can you say about my life that you have not said already, whether true or false. I have disagreed with most of your posts but have never been presumptious enough to make any comment about your private life, neither am I particularly interested in it.
I will not put you on my ignore list but I will not reply to any other posts you make in this thread.

Corrie 3
06-Sep-10, 19:27
But surely John it wont get rid of the dealers will it?
They will just carry on and undercut the Govts fixed price for the legal stuff! And the legal stuff will be expensive cos it will have all kind of taxes stuck onto it like fags, booze and fuel do!!
Or am I missing something here?

C3....:)

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 19:37
They will just carry on and undercut the Govts fixed price for the legal stuff! And the legal stuff will be expensive cos it will have all kind of taxes stuck onto it like fags, booze and fuel do!!

Cannabis is very cheap to produce, as cheap as tobacco and drink. An ounce of tobacco cost £6 wheresas an ounce of grass is £120 to 200 +.
The government could put a hefty tax on it and it would not reach the price presently charged on the street. Dutch coffe shop prices are even higher than here so where could the criminals get it from that would be financially better.
Anyway, if it were legalised and the government contolled the sales they and their outlets would become the dealers, would they not? The local chemist can supply cocaine or morphine but they are not criminals.

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 19:52
Perhaps this is a bigger issue?
Maybe about personal liberty?

Until 1921 you could buy cocaine freely over the counter in Boots the chemist and everyone knows that Queen Victoria was fond of cannabis.

Then nanny state stepped in......

On the other hand if the industry (for such it is) were legalised, taxed, regulated, then the generated revenue could do a lot of good and crime would go down. And the drugs would be safer.

End of Prohibition = collapse of crime wave.
For nanny state read, corporate capitalist state. There was nothing about health issues in the case made for hemp prohibition. That came much later in 1972 when, for no obvious reason, it was taken of the pharmaceutical list.

John Little
06-Sep-10, 19:55

I don't think so. Point is that market forces would apply as they do now. Rumour says that Richard Branson has already patented 'Ganja' and 'Weed' as brand names in case it is legalised. Chances are that the price would come down when exposed to open competition. Hang on - I just want to find you something......

John Little
06-Sep-10, 19:59
Got it!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/the-big-hangover-how-can-americas-war-on-drugs-succeed-if-their-prohibition-laws-failed-1997227.html

What he says is worth a thought! In fact more - I agree with him entire.

teenybash
06-Sep-10, 20:18
I personally believe it is only a matter of time before cannabis is legalized, but probably not for the right reasons.............the country is broke and what an opportunity for government to rake in revenue..................
As to how legal cannabis will be produced, prepared and marketed...well, I would think the blue print is already in place and has been for some time.;)

John Little
06-Sep-10, 20:25
LOL. You remind me.

Three years ago on a sunny Sunday afternoon My wife and I went for a ride on our bikes. There are some lovely country lanes round here - and very quiet.

We rode out towards Benenden where is a famous girls' school, once attended by Princess Anne. R rode ahead of me as we went up a small rise and there was a field below us- heated by the sun.
A familiar odour rolled over my nostrils - an odour never forgotten by anyone who has ever been to the Glastonbury festival.

'Hang on a minute' I shouted, ditching my bike and jumping down into the field.

I crushed some of it in my hand and smelled it.

Sho' nuff!

I knew that it was being grown in secret and under licence but never thought to stumble on an entire field of it down the road. Must be a hardy variety.

It seems that you do not need a room with hot lights and silver foil at all....

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 20:50
Got it!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/the-big-hangover-how-can-americas-war-on-drugs-succeed-if-their-prohibition-laws-failed-1997227.html

What he says is worth a thought! In fact more - I agree with him entire.
Excellent link and so true.
BTW, what you found growing, was it hemp,(ruderalis) or dope(sativa and indica)? Hemp will grow anywhere. Of course the climate in Southern England is perfect for all types.

ducati
06-Sep-10, 20:57
Cannabis will never be legalised by a Conservative government. So, I know which way to vote. If it was, by a lefty consortium of some sort, you can guarantee that it will be a slippery slope to LSD, Cocaine, Heroin and any other stuff that some bunch of whiny misfits want.

Why is it so attractive? I never got it. The only conclusion I can draw is that weak-minded fools are led into it by their peers. This doesn't ring true though, because you presumably have to seek out some grimy underworld type character to buy the stuff off. (I wouldn’t have a clue where to even start looking).

The next question that springs to mind is why can we not stamp it out?

Surely every snivelling junkie that the cops collect can be forced to cough the supplier? What is the world coming to when the citizenry don’t help the police?

GetWithTheTimes
06-Sep-10, 21:10
if you are insulted by the fact i called people morons maybe its because i never started this thread to have all the anti-cannabis people come in here and start stereotyping pot smokers and medicinal users, i started this thread to inform the people who are interested of the event.

i hope that people who are interested are there and have a great day there too :)

and i know that hemp and cannabis is different but they closely related both should be grown for the uses i described, and i never got the joke of the show me your papers maybe because i wasn't in a joking mood as i had the thread hijacked by all the anti-pot people when it wasn't posted for all you lot to argue.

a few people have said not this again, maybe you should just keep out of the thread if you not interested instead of sticking your unwanted noses into the thread.

oh wait its caithness people have trouble keeping out of other peoples business and have to try and put down ideas they don't agree with

and before you write back saying you aint all like that save your breath im not interested, oh and in a way i am thankful you all stuck your nose in about this thread coz you actually helping keep it in the new post list so more people see it and will be informed of the event so in a way you actually helping the cause hahahaha

John Little
06-Sep-10, 21:10
Excellent link and so true.
BTW, what you found growing, was it hemp,(ruderalis) or dope(sativa and indica)? Hemp will grow anywhere. Of course the climate in Southern England is perfect for all types.

I am afraid that I am not expert enough in that line, but it was the right stuff - that I do know. That is to say that if you dried it and smoked it, then things would happen.

Ducati.
I am not sure that you are correct. The Conservative Party's other nickname is 'the pragmatic party' That is to say that they have something of a record which belies the image projected in the red top press. If something needs doing then they do it. I can think of several examples in their history...

You seem to have a somewhat pejorative attitude towards people who take drugs, judging by your choice of language. Again I find it surprising in a Conservative that you are actually bothered by what other people choose to do with themselves. It was Mercutio who shouted 'A plague on both your houses for you have made worm's meat out of me' yet I would not see him as a 'lefty' - just as someone who had suffered from the fallout of the fight between two others.

In the fight between pro legitimists and anti legitimists, if I were to say 'The hell with both of you. I am fed up with both of you. Mugging, burglary, illicit drug dealing, needles in public toilets - I want nothing to do with you. If you want to smoke yourself to death or inject yourself with substances then go and do it! Or if you want to try and hold back the tide and scream and shout about what other people should or should not be doing, then go and do it away from my windows!'

Does that make me a lefty?

Or merely someone who thinks that people should do what they want provided they do no harm to others?

Corrie 3
06-Sep-10, 21:12
Where is the OP anyway?
I hope he hasnt got arrested in Birmingham for posession!!!...(or worse still...supplying)...:eek::eek:;)

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 21:14
John, there is not much difference between the types as far as smell and appearance is concerned. AS far as I know, all government approved growing areas are indoor.

GetWithTheTimes
06-Sep-10, 21:15
Where is the OP anyway?
I hope he hasnt got arrested in Birmingham for posession!!!...(or worse still...supplying)...:eek::eek:;)

oh your so mature, you fishing for an arguement about something you aint interested in, get a life and stop hijacking a thread posted for the pro-cannabis people, got knit a jumper or something constructive lol

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 21:17
The next question that springs to mind is why can we not stamp it out?

Surely every snivelling junkie that the cops collect can be forced to cough the supplier? What is the world coming to when the citizenry don’t help the police?
Do that and you will get lots of footsoldiers who are expendable. When the boss is in Russia(most likely), Jamaica, Columbia or Afghanistan you will never stop the trade. Every possible thing has been tried and nothing has worked. The horse is dead. Stop flogging it!!

changilass
06-Sep-10, 21:19
Just because you started the thread Getwiththetimes doesn't mean you can dictate who posts on it or what they say.

If you put the post for information only and didn't want anyone else commenting then maybe you should have just locked the thread.

There has been some interesting points of view on this thread so I for one am glad it wasn't locked.

There has also been some name calling, but that seems to be the norm these days, unfortunately.

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 21:20
oh your so mature, you fishing for an arguement about something you aint interested in, get a life and stop hijacking a thread posted for the pro-cannabis people, got knit a jumper or something constructive lol
You are coming accross as the sort of person that leads to a lot of the anti opinion and are becoming more than a little abusive and insulting. Most of these Caithnessians you choose to denigrate will not be very impressed by your posted diatribe.

John Little
06-Sep-10, 21:26
John, there is not much difference between the types as far as smell and appearance is concerned. AS far as I know, all government approved growing areas are indoor.

LOL- yes they would say that... I suppose the quiet country lanes would not be so quiet if word got out that certain fields were covered in a certain weed.....

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 21:52
LOL- yes they would say that... I suppose the quiet country lanes would not be so quiet if word got out that certain fields were covered in a certain weed.....
Take your point but I cannot believe that a field of pot wouldn't be sussed anywhere in this country within days of its flowering.

John Little
06-Sep-10, 21:58
Take your point but I cannot believe that a field of pot wouldn't be sussed anywhere in this country within days of its flowering.

This was not flowering when I saw it.

Hidden in plain sight comes to mind.

Down a lane the width of a car yet where few cars go.... and not many people pass.

Could be quite clever....and you have to know what you are looking at....

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 22:00
This was not flowering when I saw it.

Hidden in plain sight comes to mind.

Down a lane the width of a car yet where few cars go.... and not many people pass.

Could be quite clever....and you have to know what you are looking at....
You could be right but forgive me if I doubt it.LOL

John Little
06-Sep-10, 22:04
But of course - not only is doubt allowed but is understandable. I saw what I saw and smelled what I smelled.

Sometimes life is strange.

Every time I pass that field I look in it - but they just grow boring stuff in it now.

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 22:18
But of course - not only is doubt allowed but is understandable. I saw what I saw and smelled what I smelled.

Sometimes life is strange.

Every time I pass that field I look in it - but they just grow boring stuff in it now.
How long ago was this?
Just reread your post and know the answer.

squidge
06-Sep-10, 22:22
I doubt that in the current climate any of our business suited ham faced politicians would be brave enough to even suggest the legalisation of drugs, never mind do a study to PROPERLY investigate how it could be done and whether it would work. The reasons for this reticence is evident in many of the posts on this thread- golach and ducati are examples of the views of many of the electorate. (That's not meant as an insult guys- just an illustration) all the talk of legalisation happening soon is nonsense. I personally think that it's a missed opportunity for a lot of reasoNs. Gleber2 I think said the war is lost and he is right. It is our shame that our politicians are not MEN enough to grasp the mettle and really think the (for some) unthinkable. Until we truly explore, evaluate the possibility of legalising drugs then we will never ever win against the cold calculating criminals that run the drugs world today.

John Little
06-Sep-10, 22:47
How long ago was this?
Just reread your post and know the answer.

? About 3 years maybe 4. Ne comprend pas.

Gleber2
06-Sep-10, 22:57
? About 3 years maybe 4. Ne comprend pas. I posted first question and then went back to your post about this field and got the answer. Then edited the first post but it did not come up as edited on the post. C'est facile, n'estcepas? That last word don't look right

Serenity
06-Sep-10, 23:09
I don't usually make public a 'bad rep', but you did it to me on 'generalization', and then you say you haven't read the whole thread////wow....how intuitive!
And where on earth did you read that LSD...Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, MDMA....Ecstasy, and 'Magic Mushroom' was accepted in North America..... perhaps in some 'weird/wired' world....
I would love to know, after the US tried LSD during the period of the Vietnam War & how they have progressed?
And drugs are a choice, even prescription!

I never said anything like that. And I also mentioned my source in the post, this weeks "New Scientist". Your reading comprehension skills seem somewhat lacking (I really do not want to be insulting but you put words in my mouth and then ask for the source, which I clearly mentioned!?).
Here is the article to back up what I did say: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20727764.000-psychoactive-drugs-from-recreation-to-medication.html

ETA: Sorry this is off topic to the OP, but thought I would reply.

teenybash
06-Sep-10, 23:20
http://www.3news.co.nz/UK-Cannabis-being-grown-legally-for-MS/tabid/417/articleID/162112/Default.aspx

Not too much information in this article, but enough that, to me, suggests medical trial will eventually go beyond MS sufferers.

Also, down through the ages many creative people used the herb and still do to free their minds from the woes of life and produce works of art, be it writing, music, paintings etc that we all appreciate...... so in a way we are all enjoying the benefits of cannabis.

ducati
06-Sep-10, 23:25
I doubt that in the current climate any of our business suited ham faced politicians would be brave enough to even suggest the legalisation of drugs, never mind do a study to PROPERLY investigate how it could be done and whether it would work. The reasons for this reticence is evident in many of the posts on this thread- golach and ducati are examples of the views of many of the electorate. (That's not meant as an insult guys- just an illustration) all the talk of legalisation happening soon is nonsense. I personally think that it's a missed opportunity for a lot of reasoNs. Gleber2 I think said the war is lost and he is right. It is our shame that our politicians are not MEN enough to grasp the mettle and really think the (for some) unthinkable. Until we truly explore, evaluate the possibility of legalising drugs then we will never ever win against the cold calculating criminals that run the drugs world today.

I agree, but I think it is our leaders having the courage to stand up for their principles that will negate any consideration of legalisation. To my section of society (whatever that is) any issue that is raised in a protest or demonstration will be looked on negatively anyway so, thankfully, this is a double whammy.

Shows the stoners have their fingers on the pulse-not :Razz

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 00:41
I agree, but I think it is our leaders having the courage to stand up for their principles that will negate any consideration of legalisation. To my section of society (whatever that is) any issue that is raised in a protest or demonstration will be looked on negatively anyway so, thankfully, this is a double whammy.

Shows the stoners have their fingers on the pulse-not :Razz
Wasn't long ago we jailed people for being gay. That law was changed. Not that long since we've been allowed to grow tobacco. That changed. Laws are not imutable and on a subject as serious as the drug issue the voters of this country should be given a referendum on the subject as no politician will make the move for obvious reasons. They could lose votes. A referendum would lift the debate above politics and opinion once and for all.
What, in your book sepatates 'stoners' from the rest of society. Get the stereotype image of the 'stoner' from your thinking as cannabis, cocaine, exstasy are used right across society. The stoner you seem to continually refer to is a figment of the media imagination and you have swallowed it.
This debate across the board must be removed from the us and them scenario that seems to exist here.
Is not the alcohol user a stoner also?

sandyr1
07-Sep-10, 01:52
[quote=Serenity;757491]I never said anything like that. And I also mentioned my source in the post, this weeks "New Scientist". Your reading comprehension skills seem somewhat lacking (I really do not want to be insulting but you put words in my mouth and then ask for the source, which I clearly mentioned!?).
Here is the article to back up what I did say: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20727764.000-psychoactive-drugs-from-recreation-to-medication.html

Anyone can write an article and get it printed on....LSD, MDMA & Mag Mush. e.g. New Scientist says back some time ago....MDMA May kill your brain, others say it is a safe enough high, if you take precautions.

That's like taking Rat poison/ Warfarin/ a blood thinner....what a chance to take with one's life!

And Brain Scans taken from users(a lump with dark blotches that look like holes).... and non users...Bright, clear and Radiant.....taken directly from the Mag. It just depends on what your direction is.....

I, for 35 years, somewhat like Golach, have seen the effects, and been involved and listened to both sides.........
Perhaps THC for Medicinal purposes......But people with more knowledge than you or me shall decide.....

And Squidge, methinks the present Political Parties have a wee bit more on their plate than to promote new Drugs. And the Gov't makes the laws......I really don't think it is a War...there are many different opinions in this situation.....Yes, I agree with those who say we have a problem with alcohol....but I said previously.....Two Probs are worse than One Prob!

Corrie 3
07-Sep-10, 12:10
Also, down through the ages many creative people used the herb and still do to free their minds from the woes of life and produce works of art, be it writing, music, paintings etc that we all appreciate...... so in a way we are all enjoying the benefits of cannabis.

Why would a good artist,musician or writer need to get high before they can produce good work?
And what about sport, would a football team play better if they all shared the weed before they went onto the pitch?
I think what you are admitting there is that people use the stuff to forget about the woes of life for a short period but thats the problem..Why?..because the woes of life are still there when you come down off your high!!! In fact, you are adding to your woes because you are spending money on the stuff, you are damaging your brain and you are likely to become addicted costing you even more money and heartache later in life!!
I have been told by the OP to go and knit a cardigan, I dont need to take drugs to produce that lovely cardigan.....:eek::eek:;)

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 12:45
Why would a good artist,musician or writer need to get high before they can produce good work?

Never the less, Louis Armstrong , Billie Holiday, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, JImi Hendrix and countless others creative musicians were cannabis users and a few named were heroin users. Many of the great artists were opium and cannabis users. Many of the French artists were addicted to absinth which was a very strong mind altering drink.
Throughout history artists,writers and musicians have used mind expanding drugs to enhance creativity.
I am afraid, Corrie 3, with all due respect, that you do not know what you are talking about.
I'm sure, however, that you could knit a lovely sweater accompanied by many cups of tea. Thats a drug too:).

Corrie 3
07-Sep-10, 13:09
Never the less, Louis Armstrong , Billie Holiday, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, JImi Hendrix and countless others creative musicians were cannabis users and a few named were heroin users. Many of the great artists were opium and cannabis users. Many of the French artists were addicted to absinth which was a very strong mind altering drink.
Throughout history artists,writers and musicians have used mind expanding drugs to enhance creativity.
I am afraid, Corrie 3, with all due respect, that you do not know what you are talking about.
I'm sure, however, that you could knit a lovely sweater accompanied by many cups of tea. Thats a drug too:).

All you have done there Gleber is give me a list of names, you havent answered my question.......Why do they need to use it to perform well????
Perhaps I dont know what I am talking about but I am asking a question here and waiting for someone who does know what they are talking about to answer it!!! Are you telling me that Jimi Hendrix coudnt perform without the drug? If so then he wasnt a very good musician was he, a good musician doesnt need to take anything to perform well!!

C3....;)

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 13:45
All you have done there Gleber is give me a list of names, you havent answered my question.......Why do they need to use it to perform well????
Perhaps I dont know what I am talking about but I am asking a question here and waiting for someone who does know what they are talking about to answer it!!! Are you telling me that Jimi Hendrix coudnt perform without the drug? If so then he wasnt a very good musician was he, a good musician doesnt need to take anything to perform well!!

C3....;)
Most of the names I mentioned could perform well by usual standards when completely straight but , many but not all musicians can perforn considerably better when using cannabis. Sometimes the drug will take a musician into realms that are very difficult to handle and the end result is heroin addiction. As you say, a good musician shouldn't need to take drugs but it is the musician/artists choice to take substances which enhance performance at whatever risk. I named jazz musicians but they were not alone. Johnny Cash, Hank Williams and many other country artist were users and abusers. Of course, the most common drug used by musicians and artists is alcohol which does not enhance performance but detracts from it.
The jazz musicians I named were some of the greatest innovators of the twentieth century. The question is; would they have reached the standard they did without mind expanding drugs.
I have not touched on the psychedelic drugs because this opens a completely different can of worms.

Corrie 3
07-Sep-10, 14:05
Thanks Gleber, I think you have answered my question adequately enough!!

I have never tried and never will try illegal drugs, from what I have read about the drug I have made the right decision.......I dont really want to getwiththetimes, I am ok just as I am, knitting my sweater without having to take anything to enhance it!!
Thanks for replying...

John Little
07-Sep-10, 14:27
".. a good musician doesnt need to take anything to perform well!!"

I know at least two tenors who would disagree with you. Without a good gargle of vintage port, then swallowed, they would not wish to go on stage.....

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 14:34

I have never tried and never will try illegal drugs, from what I have read about the drug I have made the right decision.......I dont really want to getwiththetimes, I am ok just as I am, knitting my sweater without having to take anything to enhance it!!
Thanks for replying...
C3....:)You ignored my comment about tea. Tea and tobacco were the first commercial imported drugs on the market and it was not long until there were millions of people addicted to them. This, of course, made huge profits for those who traded in them. Unforunately, the tea that is commonly consumed is of a very low standard and price and therefore not very strong in effect but, if one wishes to experience the effect of tea, one can purchase types which are quite strong in effect and are, of course, very expensive. The highest price I have encountered was £1400 for a quarter pound. The Chinese believe that this tea can cure any ill. Unfortunately, I could not afford to buy any but I have tried many types which have a pronounced effect not unlike the effect of illegal drugs.

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 15:22

You have made me think, C3, and my answer wasn't adequate.IMHO.
Musicians who learn or read parts and reproduce them the same every time would not have their performances enhanced by a drug. In fact the majority would find a decrease in ability when high as the mind tends to wander and one can lose one's place quite easily. There are, and have been, a number of musicians who are improvisers who never play the same thing twice and use drugs to push for new levels. Most of the names I mentioned earlier fall into that category and they have been recognised as the greatest innovators in the last century. Armsrong took trad jazz to a completely new level and he openly admitted that he smoked cannabis almost every day for most of his long life without finding a need to go on to harder drugs such as heroin. Ray Charles had a serious heroin problem as did Coltrane, Parker and Billie Holiday. You can wonder what their music would have been like if they had never taken drugs.
Improvisation is a bit passé these days but, in my mind, the best and highest music is still coming from those who continue to go out on a limb to find new levels. Music can then become very spiritual and sometimes very hard to take which could account for the nuber of drug casualties that litter the last hundred years. We still have prominent modern musicians using illegal substances but I find it difficult to say anything nice about the music of, for example, Amy Winehouse or Pete Docherty. The Beatles best album, in my opinion, was produced not long after they had tried all sorts of things with the San Francisco musicians who were experimenting with , the then legal, LSD and mushrooms. The Rolling Stones were also well know for their drug use.
I, in forty years, can honestly say that the best music and musicians I have experienced or known were cannabis users. Many of these musicians were first class when 'normal' but exceptional when stoned.

ginajade
07-Sep-10, 15:30
;) nice reply gleber2 about the tea being a drug , dont forget about the coffee, all those tea junkies and coffee junkies, need there fixes at least 3 times a day , i wonder if it was illegal to drink these drugs,beverages, call them what you want but they are drugs if very mild ones, all e orgers would be heading to the free the tea rallys around e country, lol, for theyre right to a cup of tea, and quite rightly so,, this issue is about rights not drugs,
you have the right to put on a uniform and go kill innocent women and children by the thousands, cause your government says its okay mmm,
but have a spliff,and your chastised for being a junkie
i think peeps on this forum should open there eyes more,
and stop slagging people off because they dont agree with them.

Walter Ego
07-Sep-10, 15:33
For nanny state read, corporate capitalist state.........

QED........

I recall you making the accusation that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Your statement above proves, as I said, that you are very low down the food (and knowledge) chain when it comes to growing.

You haven't got a clue about the subject of mass production at all. Leave well alone.

I've been places you couldn't begin to comprehend, I speak from a position of first hand knowledge, I know that the stoner argument actually is providing stumbling blocks to the benefits of THC for medical purposes.

Give up. You're fighting a war that could be won if it wasn't for no-brainers wrapping up their own personal indulgences in a 'weed is good' argument. They're two seperate issues...as you well know.

Someone posted a while back that maybe the answer was to legalise for medical reasons and keep personal indulgence illegal.

Your respose?

Nothing. Sums up your stoner argument succintly.

BTW, I did very nicely out the game.;)

Walter Ego
07-Sep-10, 15:39
;) nice reply gleber2 about the tea being a drug , dont forget about the coffee, all those tea junkies and coffee junkies, need there fixes at least 3 times a day , i wonder if it was illegal to drink these drugs,beverages, call them what you want but they are drugs if very mild ones, all e orgers would be heading to the free the tea rallys around e country, lol, for theyre right to a cup of tea, and quite rightly so,, this issue is about rights not drugs,
you have the right to put on a uniform and go kill innocent women and children by the thousands, cause your government says its okay mmm,
but have a spliff,and your chastised for being a junkie
i think peeps on this forum should open there eyes more,
and stop slagging people off because they dont agree with them.

And there is a classic example of someone doing the 'pro' argument no favours at all.

Bravo, you couldn't make it up if you tried.

It's all there, blame the 'unseeing masses', allude that tea and coffee are just as bad.
Chuck in some 'uniformed' government babykillers just to add an anti-establishment slant to their skewed world view........

...and watch the general public turn their back on the legitimate cause of trying to introduce hemp medical products into the mainstream conciousness.

You inept, cause killing, prize prats. And I make no apologies whatsoever for that, I stand by what I say.

Losers.

Corrie 3
07-Sep-10, 15:44
I have to agree with you there Walter...well said indeed!!!

C3....;)

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 15:53
You inept, cause killing, prize prats. And I make no apologies whatsoever for that, I stand by what I say.

Losers.
When it comes to prats, you come out within the top three posting here.
If you have nothing to say but boasts why don't you back out. Also, you have no idea where I've been.
I stand by the points that are quite clearly stated throughout my posts which make it clear that I am as much in favour of medicinal legalisation as I am for recreational reasons and, in fact it, is the drug laws/situation per se that interests me.
In the forty odd years I have benn using cannabis I have learned a lot from first hand experience of the Mountains in Morroco, North Afghanistan and Holland and I have a fairly retentive brain. However I don't feel a need to boast about what I have done and what I know. Why don't you contibute something constructive and new to the debate instead of picking holes and insulting people and boasting.
BTW, I don't see any posts which states that tea and coffee are as bad as the illegal drugs. It is only being pointed out the tea and coffee are indeed drugs which is true.
You should open your mind a little and truly read what is being posted before deciding what a poster actually means in context.

Walter Ego
07-Sep-10, 16:09
When it comes to prats, you come out within the top three posting here.
If you have nothing to say but boasts why don't you back out. Also, you have no idea where I've been.
I stand by the points that are quite clearly stated throughout my posts which make it clear that I am as much in favour of medicinal legalisation as I am for recreational reasons and, in fact it, is the drug laws/situation per se that interests me.
In the forty odd years I have benn using cannabis I have learned a lot from first hand experience of the Mountains in Morroco, North Afghanistan and Holland and I have a fairly retentive brain. However I don't feel a need to boast about what I have done and what I know. Why don't you contibute something constructive and new to the debate instead of picking holes and insulting people and boasting.

By 'constructive' - you mean agree with you.

No chance.

I have attempted to introduce a 'devils advocate' viewpoint to all this, much to your chagrin, it would appear.

I ain't boasting, sunshine. I couldn't give a ratsarse what you think about me or where I've been, I'm trying to point out that allthough you see yourself as some leading light upon all things stoned - it doesn't wash with those of us who have been involved above a user level.

As for your 'travelling' it would seem that our paths may have crossed in the Rif, given our apparent similarity in ages. As for 'Stan...I know nothing.

Interesting that you felt the need to 'black cat' me by listing where you've 'been'........tourism is not a qualifier in this game, my friend.

Of course, if you believe that your position as a .Org expert on all things bong is being usurped by some Johnny-come-lately, then please feel free to up the ante.;)

Until then, I'll assume that my comments regarding the difference between medicinal and recreational use stand on their own merit.

ginajade
07-Sep-10, 16:17
:Dhey ya numpty boy walter boy ,,
we all know the difference matey no need to slag people off my dear boy,
its like the difference between selling dark rocky and real untampered with weed, you will no lots about the former and how dark rocky is just poison
for the poor people who buy it [evil]

sandyr1
07-Sep-10, 16:36
[quote=Walter Ego;757716]And there is a classic example of someone doing the 'pro' argument no favours at all.

...and watch the general public turn their back on the legitimate cause of trying to introduce hemp medical products into the mainstream conciousness.

W.E.. You doth make some good points.......

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 16:52
By 'constructive' - you mean agree with you.

No chance.

Male bovine excretia.
A Devils advocate would offer cogent argument to make his points, not resort to petty name calling and childish insult. It is easy to take a stand such as yours with no-one knowing your true identity although Ginajade seems to know who you are.

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 17:17
[quote=Walter Ego;754376]I believe in showing respect to everyone and not offending anyones' sensibilities because of traits that some may describe as 'being' different'.

The world would be a better place if we all learned to agree with each other and not say anything that may cause disagreement.

quote]
One of your posts which you obviously didn't mean.

sandyr1
07-Sep-10, 17:18
I read about all these professionals 'doing the dope thing', which is cultivated to make them more impressionable and seem free. Then there are the real dizzy ones who get arrested etc. all the time...
And you/ we are reading it in the Media, mostly in some self serving Magazine which wants to sell copy, or TV whose saying is...'If it Bleeds it Leads'.....and for those who are unable to comprehend that statement....Sensationalism is the word!

Take Jonny Cash.....Prior to him releasing Folsom Prison Blues I think it was called, the story was told of how he was a 'Jail Bird' and how he served 'Hard Time'. Well, the truth was that he was once held overnite in Jail.......

I am surprised that those who profess to know all about everything about everything that is so good about illegal drugs, get most of their info from the tackiest(?) Newspapers and Mags ever published and have a contingency fund to pay out when they are wrong...and that occurs more than we know!

It was quite interesting to read what the first poster said about himself....Stoner and something about a Dole something or other and about Poofs!

Not the type of people that should be advocating for Meds!

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 17:31
I read about all these professionals 'doing the dope thing', which is cultivated to make them more impressionable and seem free. Then there are the real dizzy ones who get arrested etc. all the time...
And you/ we are reading it in the Media, mostly in some self serving Magazine which wants to sell copy, or TV whose saying is...'If it Bleeds it Leads'.....and for those who are unable to comprehend that statement....Sensationalism is the word!

Take Jonny Cash.....Prior to him releasing Folsom Prison Blues I think it was called, the story was told of how he was a 'Jail Bird' and how he served 'Hard Time'. Well, the truth was that he was once held overnite in Jail.......

I am surprised that those who profess to know all about everything about everything that is so good about illegal drugs, get most of their info from the tackiest(?) Newspapers and Mags ever published and have a contingency fund to pay out when they are wrong...and that occurs more than we know!

It was quite interesting to read what the first poster said about himself....Stoner and something about a Dole something or other and about Poofs!

Not the type of people that should be advocating for Meds!
It is almost accepted that cannabis is an important drug for various illness's. Is there not a cannabis spray available in this country and is it not available medicinally in a number of US states? It is obviously available in Holland and Portugal. The "stoner" angle has obviously not affected the decisions made. I personally read none of the magazines etc on the subject.
Cash may not have spent some time in jail but his drug use is well documented.

sandyr1
07-Sep-10, 18:00
It is almost accepted that cannabis is an important drug for various illness's. Is there not a cannabis spray available in this country and is it not available medicinally in a number of US states? It is obviously available in Holland and Portugal. The "stoner" angle has obviously not affected the decisions made. I personally read none of the magazines etc on the subject.
Cash may not have spent some time in jail but his drug use is well documented.

I have read that Savitex was to be prescribed in Canada and the UK for MS...But that was in 02 to 06 and the most recent I can see is that it is not available.
I know a person with MS and they are unable to get it. The most prominent news release was by the L.A. Times but it seems nothing has occurred since then.......
It is a very difficult issue...In my City of 150,000 we had a similar 'smoke in' but it erupted into a fight between people who were stoned! Very funny.... But really not funny. Did nothing for the cause.
Police stood and watched and it was the fight that made them react.....

Whatever it takes to get this 'thing' going medicinally is not working.....I think someone said that many people are against it because of some of the people involved. You see there is Medicinal and Personal, as you know........and I am sure that medicinal and purely personal use is not all bad...It is the in between...Some Dr's agree it is OK/ others disagree.
Then Personal.........if it is legalized or decriminalized then how does one get it. Grow it...that is production....buy it..then someone is trafficking!
Hearings have been held pretty well around the World on this exact subject/ people cannot agree......Yes, I am sure the Gov'ts of the day are afraid to go any further with it as it will turn off their support...but that is the World we live in.......just my thoughts.

Oh Mr. Cash.......That is the 'junk' we are fed by the media....as is some of the stuff we are fed on Drugs...Good/ Bad....Sometimes I think it is the flavour of the day/ week/ month.

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 18:26
Oh Mr. Cash.......That is the 'junk' we are fed by the media....as is some of the stuff we are fed on Drugs...Good/ Bad....Sometimes I think it is the flavour of the day/ week/ month.
I know quite a number of artists who are very aware of country music drug use and some who have known MR Cash personally. That he had a a problem with amphetamines is well documented. Does it matter if you like his music whatever it took to produce it?

Serenity
07-Sep-10, 19:12
I have read that Savitex was to be prescribed in Canada and the UK for MS...But that was in 02 to 06 and the most recent I can see is that it is not available.

It was licensed in the UK this June. That was the other article I was talking about in my original reply that you took so much offense too.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/justin-gover-the-worlds-most-useful-cannabis-dealer-2056259.html

(also http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/hope-for-ms-sufferers-as-first-cannabisbased-drug-is-licensed-2006812.html an article from when it was licensed, hadn't seen this one before myself).

sandyr1
07-Sep-10, 20:19
It was licensed in the UK this June. That was the other article I was talking about in my original reply that you took so much offense too.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/justin-gover-the-worlds-most-useful-cannabis-dealer-2056259.html

(also http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/hope-for-ms-sufferers-as-first-cannabisbased-drug-is-licensed-2006812.html an article from when it was licensed, hadn't seen this one before myself).

I didn't take offence to anything.....Just that....well you read what I said and I believe in same, as you believe in what you read...if it was licenced in the UK ..so be it/ if it helps someone... great.
I have had a couple of close friends with MS, one woman who worked for me for several years..... and also a relative....very sad/ give them whatever it takes.....but keep this 'stoner' thing out of it....people smoking pot at a demonstration is not kosher....I think in the general populace it does not give the 'movement' a good name! Seperate Meds from Personal.......

And G2...I agree , but the Media conjures up all those stories of Druggies...I am sure some are true but take the old movie....Easy Rider....oh to be free etc etc.....Some of it is pure BS.
I dealt with the Media and in particular TV. Give them an opportunity to use 'fake blood' and they will be painting it on with a whitwash brush......

ducati
07-Sep-10, 20:38
Is not the alcohol user a stoner also?

Actually no. I drink from time to time. Rarely if ever these days do I get drunk. A stoner takes drugs to get stoned, it is not a social thing nor is it to savour like a fine wine for instance.

My mind image of a stoner is not imagined, I have experience of many different ones from different backgrounds. My opinion of them all is, however, the same. :lol:

squidge
07-Sep-10, 20:48
Crikey

Slaggings off everywhere here today well way back someone said our politicians have more to worry about that some stoners. I dont know about that, Seems like our police forces are expending many man hours on drug related crime, prostitution, supply, distribution, Drugs deals gone wrong, fights between drug dealers... the list is endless. Surely we cant go on like this, kids who try cannabis can end up sucked into a world where they are encouraged to try ever harder drugs and there we go another young life wasted. We can all pontificate about how they should have the bottle to say no, about how people should be strong and withstand the temptation of illicit substances but we arent all the same. some people find it easy to say no to all sorts of things, ciggies, drink, sex others dont. If we are going to improve the situation as far as drug related crime then we have to look at all the options and that means checking out the idea of legalising drugs. It might not be feasible, it might be the wrong thing to do but it might not. Until we look at it we dont know. We have to be prepared to consider it. Thats all and as for principles well they are ok but not a lotof use in stemming the tide of criminality that goes hand in hand with the drugs world.

And just for the record in response to the PMs - I dont smoke, eat drink or take anything stronger than paracetemol. I once smoked a wee bit of a joint only to throw up and never do it again. In much the same way as i once drunk a half bottle of southern comfort only to throw up and never do that again.

Nacho
07-Sep-10, 20:53
I have experience of many different ones from different backgrounds. My opinion of them all is, however, the same. :lol:

they're all different yet you're opinion of them is all the same ? :confused

this comment says more about you're judgmental attitude towards people who smoke cannabis.

(having a smoke is a very social activity by the way, and savouring a nice smoke is comparable to enjoying a nice wine)

each to their own i say

The_man_from_del_monte
07-Sep-10, 20:55
Legalising it and "taxing" it would take it out of the hands of the criminals and would bring in a lot of money which could be put to work building psychiatric wards to cater for all the paranoid people walking the streets.

The people who deal in drugs are pretty shifty sorts anyway so handing it over to the politicians to distribute should be quite a seamless crossover.

Gleber2
07-Sep-10, 21:06
Actually no. I drink from time to time. Rarely if ever these days do I get drunk. A stoner takes drugs to get stoned, it is not a social thing nor is it to savour like a fine wine for instance.

My mind image of a stoner is not imagined, I have experience of many different ones from different backgrounds. My opinion of them all is, however, the same. :lol:

A smoke can be a mild pleasant feeling or it can be frighteningly high just like the effect of a social drink or an outright bender.
Your last statement makes me laugh too.:lol:

sandyr1
08-Sep-10, 00:10
Legalising it and "taxing" it would take it out of the hands of the criminals and would bring in a lot of money which could be put to work building psychiatric wards to cater for all the paranoid people walking the streets.

The people who deal in drugs are pretty shifty sorts anyway so handing it over to the politicians to distribute should be quite a seamless crossover.

You do have a way with words........

teenybash
08-Sep-10, 00:21
When you think about it, the government, by not decriminilizing or legalizing are chucking money into the hands of dealers and playing a big part in costing the country vast amounts through police, courts and all it involves.
Doesn't make sense. :confused

sandyr1
08-Sep-10, 01:17
When you think about it, the government, by not decriminilizing or legalizing are chucking money into the hands of dealers and playing a big part in costing the country vast amounts through police, courts and all it involves.
Doesn't make sense. :confused

TB.....But who would want to? No one can win here.....If truly the Med people wanted this to work, then they would not associate with a............
another type of people who go out and smoke weed on the Street.

Some months ago in Toronto they had a 'smoke in' and someone pulled a GUN....in my City they got in a fight.......would you as a Politician/ Doctor get involved in this s......................

Gleber2
08-Sep-10, 01:38
TB.....But who would want to? No one can win here.....If truly the Med people wanted this to work, then they would not associate with a............
another type of people who go out and smoke weed on the Street.

Some months ago in Toronto they had a 'smoke in' and someone pulled a GUN....in my City they got in a fight.......would you as a Politician/ Doctor get involved in this s......................
They fight at football matches too but we don't make foorball illegal.:confused

sandyr1
08-Sep-10, 02:06
They fight at football matches too but we don't make foorball illegal.:confused

U know what I am talking about. U are an intelligent person.....a few dozen souls get together to promote this "thing', and smoke their hearts out and then say we are here for Medicinal Marihuana.....

I am glad the UK did what they did....I am sure it will help the MS people/ very sad illness. And after seeing it first hand, I would do anything to alleviate their pain.

Bazeye
08-Sep-10, 18:00
Thats it, Ive had enough of all this arguing, I'm off to get a 40 bag.

sandyr1
08-Sep-10, 18:20

How do you do that? Hang it round you neck like a feed bad for an 'orse!!!!
Sent up a pic! Actually I wondered where you were......

Corrie 3
08-Sep-10, 19:05
I hope thats 40 bag of Tesco Scottish Blend Tea Bags...Absolutely brilliant they are, I get on a high with them every morning with my toast!!!

C3....:lol::lol::lol:

golach
08-Sep-10, 19:16
I mind trying to smoke tea in one of my grandads pipes, but it never made me a stoner [lol]

Gleber2
08-Sep-10, 19:16
I hope thats 40 bag of Tesco Scottish Blend Tea Bags...Absolutely brilliant they are, I get on a high with them every morning with my toast!!!

C3....:lol::lol:
Till a real hard tea addict 'ats lek smokan e' worst bit o pot ye could get in Week. :lol:

sandyr1
11-Sep-10, 01:13
Marc Emery the 'Canadian Weedman', pleaded guilty to Marihuana Distribution(selling seeds by mail order) in the United States ...So now he is the 'Seedman'.
Sentenced to 5 years in the U.S., but will be transferrd to Canada where, if he is a 'good boy', he will serve perhaps 50% of the time.
Another one bites the Dust!

Margaret M.
13-Sep-10, 03:20
I think the worst crime when it comes to cannabis is the fact that we are denied access to an ancient medicine that is probably more effective than many pharmaceutical drugs/treatments used today. Recent studies/research show that cannabis could be beneficial in treating many illnesses and a powerful weapon in preventing/healing deadly cancers.

An interesting report published today, Cannabis Rx: Cutting through Misinformation by Dr. Andrew Weil, medical doctor and botanist:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-weil-md/can-cannabis-treat-cancer_b_701005.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-weil-md/can-cannabis-treat-cancer_b_701005.html)

Gleber2
13-Sep-10, 14:09
I think the worst crime when it comes to cannabis is the fact that we are denied access to an ancient medicine that is probably more effective than many pharmaceutical drugs/treatments used today. Recent studies/research show that cannabis could be beneficial in treating many illnesses and a powerful weapon in preventing/healing deadly cancers.

An interesting report published today, Cannabis Rx: Cutting through Misinformation by Dr. Andrew Weil, medical doctor and botanist:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-weil-md/can-cannabis-treat-cancer_b_701005.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-weil-md/can-cannabis-treat-cancer_b_701005.html)
Can't help but agree with you MM. I have always believed that the drug also acts as a prophylactic. However it has been stated that it loses 90% of its strength when smoked. Direct aplication of a tincture, ingesting or vapourising maintains full strength.

oldmarine
13-Sep-10, 14:48
No i wouldn't want anyone to drive under the influence of anything, accidents happen without people taking anything that is just stupid

The admission of guilt by Bazeye is too much. Perhaps the local gendarms should be watching him... :):)

Anfield
13-Sep-10, 16:11
It is not illegal to own cannabis seeds, and they are freely available from outlets such as drhermans.co.uk (http://www.drhermans.co.uk/store/)
As a proper law abiding establishment they do point out on their disclaimer page that it is an offence to cultivate them

Logical
13-Sep-10, 16:38
It is not illegal to own cannabis seeds, and they are freely available from outlets such as drhermans.co.uk (http://www.drhermans.co.uk/store/)
As a proper law abiding establishment they do point out on their disclaimer page that it is an offence to cultivate them

That's great, thanks for the link:lol:

Anfield
14-Sep-10, 10:32
Yet another leading figure in drug research calls for the licenced sale of cannabis.

Aberdeen University Professor Roger Pertwee will outline his views in a speech he will make to the British Science Association later today. (Story)
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11287130)
With the number of academic and health care professionals calling for pot to be legalised, it now seems that the only people who are against it are those hypocritical politicians who smoked it in their younger days but "did not inhale"

ducati
14-Sep-10, 11:16
And me :cool:

Corrie 3
14-Sep-10, 13:02
And me :cool:
And me!!!:)
Needing it for pain relief is just an excuse, there are plenty of good painkillers out there that are supplied legally by the NHS.

C3....:cool:

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 13:03
Yet another leading figure in drug research calls for the licenced sale of cannabis.

Aberdeen University Professor Roger Pertwee will outline his views in a speech he will make to the British Science Association later today. (Story)
With the number of academic and health care professionals calling for pot to be legalised, it now seems that the only people who are against it are those hypocritical politicians who smoked it in their younger days but "did not inhale"
Roger has been researching into cannabis for at least 20 years and, when discussing the subject with him in Grampian TV studio in Aberdeen, he told me that he felt, then, that it should be decriminalised. I am glad to see that his conclusions are becoming public.

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 13:05
Needing it for pain relief is just an excuse, there are plenty of good painkillers out there that are supplied legally by the NHS.

C3....:cool:
Tell that to the suffers of MS etc who have tried all legal drugs but claim that THC is the only thing that gives them relief.

Anfield
14-Sep-10, 13:16

Do you painkillers mean like Morphine, which is derived from Opium?

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 13:22
Do you painkillers mean like Morphine, which is derived from Opium?
Doctors can prescribe opiates such as heroin, morphine and codeine knowing full well the addictive qualities of these drugs but cannot prescribe cannabis because they do not know the side effects.

sandyr1
14-Sep-10, 14:54

Andrew Weil on his own website, describes himself as a World Renowned Leader in Intregative Medicine, along with his shoes and Mushroom Cream/ in fact his Website will sell you anything!
Oh, and self proclaimed 'wonderman'!

Oh, and rejected by Conventional Medical Specialists!

I would be a wee bit wary of this guy.......he is there to sell you whatever he can...kind of self serving I would say.
Perhaps those who want a hero for the abolition of Cannabis Laws should get a more respectable 'hero'. Am sure there is someone but was unable to find one today!

sandyr1
14-Sep-10, 15:06

HE stated himself that this could be the way forward....'BUT IT MIGHT NOT WORK'.

Now that is the way to go.......It might not work!

Come on guys and gurls......

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 15:20
'BUT IT MIGHT NOT WORK'.

Now that is the way to go.......It might not work!

Come on guys and gurls......
Then it will join the ranks of overy other thing that has not worked. Legalisation is about the only thing that has not been tried. I have never met a man with a greater knowledge of the subject than Dr. Pertwee who was, I believe one of the few, if not the only, licensed researchers in the late eighties. He deals in what I know to be facts where many of the opposition read from government and media scripts which I would have to disagree with on the whole.
Keeping the drug illegal is getting us nowhere because there is too much money to be made illegally. Enforce our draconian laws to a greater extent and the only result will be to put the price up to maintain profit levels.

sandyr1
14-Sep-10, 15:36
There are 2 (Two) issues here....
1. Medicinal Cannabis.....
2. A Free for all.....

The waters are muddied.......Do you believe that a bunch of.......
wandering around 'toking' will help the Med one????
Or are you for the free for all...everyone should just smoke it when they want?

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 16:02
There are 2 (Two) issues here....
1. Medicinal Cannabis.....
2. A Free for all.....

The waters are muddied.......Do you believe that a bunch of.......
wandering around 'toking' will help the Med one????
Or are you for the free for all...everyone should just smoke it when they want?
I believe that no-one has the right to tell me what I can or cannot put into my own body particularly someone who is au fait with alcohol, argueably the most abused drug of all with alarming medical consequences.
The medical case does not need campaigning as doctors can now prescribe the latest sprays etc. However, it is only a part of the plant that is being used and I believe that it is the plant in its totality that is most effective.

golach
14-Sep-10, 16:07
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11299938

Not a harsh enough sentence in my opinion, a persistent offender, and driving when under the influence, but I suppose the stoners in here will say cannabis cannot kill, well if you were hit by George Michaels car you could have been.

Corrie 3
14-Sep-10, 16:41
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11299938

Not a harsh enough sentence in my opinion, a persistent offender, and driving when under the influence, but I suppose the stoners in here will say cannabis cannot kill, well if you were hit by George Michaels car you could have been.
He is clearly addicted which will happen to almost all who use cannabis.
The stoner who killed my friend got a measly 2 years in prison, making the evil weed legal will result in more crashes and more deaths!!! I kid you not!

C3....:~(

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 16:48
He is clearly addicted which will happen to almost all who use cannabis.

Cannabis is not addictive.

Corrie 3
14-Sep-10, 17:17
I agree with George Michaels QC and the judge in the case who both state that Michael is dependant on the drug, now to me , dependancy means addicted!!

C3...:cool:

Logical
14-Sep-10, 18:40

Sorry but that gave me a wee chuckle, very good:lol:

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 19:04
Sorry but that gave me a wee chuckle, very good:lol:
Heroin, alcohol, crack and tobacco are addictive. The body undergoes change which means it has to have the drug. Dependancy is psychological in nature and the body is not changed. Therefore, in my book, cannabis leads to dependancy but not addiction.

Anfield
14-Sep-10, 20:12
It was not just Cannabis that Michael had taken:

".. district judge John Perkins told Michael that on the night of the crash he had taken a "dangerous and unpredictable mix" of prescription drugs and cannabis.."

How many people take prescription drugs which warn against driving using machinery etc, and do drive and operate machinery?

Corrie 3
14-Sep-10, 20:13
Heroin, alcohol, crack and tobacco are addictive. The body undergoes change which means it has to have the drug. Dependancy is psychological in nature and the body is not changed. Therefore, in my book, cannabis leads to dependancy but not addiction.

These ex users say it is addictive.....!!
http://www.cannabisaddiction.co.uk/

C3...:eek:

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 21:04
These ex users say it is addictive.....!!
http://www.cannabisaddiction.co.uk/

C3...:eek:
A number of exusers against the estimated 150,000,00 users worldwide.
Two sides to every story and so many believe only what they want to believe. How many million alcoholics are there one wonders.
This is obviously a pointless debate so I bow out.

Logical
14-Sep-10, 21:20
This is obviously a pointless debate so I bow out.

Doubt it, there is so much anti-whatyoursaying that you will have no other option to defend.

Fight the power and win for your cause.
Don't back down because that's what the system want you to do.
Laws, rules and the general way of people change only when the people cry for it.

The second people like us, getwiththetimes and all the other pro-revolutionists back down they win!

Corrie 3
14-Sep-10, 21:34
I have noticed a trend in this thread...the users always defend themselves by using alcohol drinkers as an an alternative..Like, its ok for alcoholics to get smashed so why shoudnt we get stoned?
That is no defence, its wrong to get off your head on alcohol and its wrong to get stoned on cannabis and both can be very, very dangerous not only to themselves but also to others, especially Females.

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 21:44
Doubt it, there is so much anti-whatyoursaying that you will have no other option to defend.

Fight the power and win for your cause.
Don't back down because that's what the system want you to do.
Laws, rules and the general way of people change only when the people cry for it.

The second people like us, getwiththetimes and all the other pro-revolutionists back down they win!
I was refering to my on going exchange with Corrie 3. I have been fighting the cause since 1968, raided 40+ times, bust more often than I care to admit and jailed once. I am not likely to end that fight now.
BTW, I agree with you.
The internet is a wondrous thing, no matter what you believe, some one on some site or other will give you ammunition to back up those beliefs.
I prefer to use facts gleaned from personal experience, countless debates and an awful lot of books on drugs, medicine and psychology.
It is very encouraging to see that real experts like Roger Pertwee and Prof. Nutt are coming to the same realisations as I did many years ago.
There is hope I hope![evil]

sandyr1
14-Sep-10, 21:53
Methinks what has emerged from this thread is that those who want to blow their and other's minds up, are attempting to do it on the Medicinal Marihuana stage....
Nothing personal G2., but I don't think that is right.
Two separate issues here.......

Logical
14-Sep-10, 21:57
Wow, when i talk of fighting the system I mean from the safety of my computer screen but some have boldness where others don't.

While I would never condone outright breaking the law (such as growing your own cannabis farm) I do admire your determination to stick with a cause where many people would never have the guts, especially for all those years. I hope that for your sake you achieve the legality you are so eagerly in search of.

I'm sure one day, you and Corrie 3 will be best buds, sitting around the fire with your non-alcoholic beers telling stories of your anti-conformist days. I'm sure Corrie 3 has a few tales to tell somewhere ;).

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 22:02
Methinks what has emerged from this thread is that those who want to blow their and other's minds up, are attempting to do it on the Medicinal Marihuana stage....
Nothing personal G2., but I don't think that is right.
Two separate issues here.......
You cannot separate one from the other any more than you can lump heroin ,cocaine and cannabis together. Separate and very different substances.
As it happens, the number of users of cannabis who are actively campaigning for legalisation is a very small percentage of the number of users worldwide. Legalisation is legalisation for whatever reason. It would be sad if one had to develope a disease to justify using a substance which, in most cases and in its natural state, is completely benign.

sandyr1
14-Sep-10, 22:08
Now I would go as far as to say that those who are trying to legalize same, are really putting a black mark against those in need Medicinally!
Can you not see a difference, from a crowd of people smoking 'dope' on the Streets and those requiring something for a debilitating disease?
Perhaps we should vote on that except I don't know how to set it up.....

Gleber2
14-Sep-10, 22:21
Now I would go as far as to say that those who are trying to legalize same, are really putting a black mark against those in need Medicinally!
Can you not see a difference, from a crowd of people smoking 'dope' on the Streets and those requiring something for a debilitating disease?
Perhaps we should vote on that except I don't know how to set it up.....You see only what has been referred to as the great unwashed. Smokers come from all walks of life and it is only those who stick their heads above the parapet are being seen and yes, the stereotype stoner image can be a bit offputting to the straight citizen.
However, as has been said, in spite of all the stoner interference in the legalisation process, medicinal cannabis is being supplied on prescription in spray form in the UK and I believe that a number of US states are prepared to allow cannabis to be prescribed. Therefore, I would have to say that your statements have no relevance.

ducati
14-Sep-10, 22:29
One of many experiences of stoners. I had to go to my old boss's house for a business meeting. He smoked splifs all night and the meeting went nowhere as he obviously couldn't concentrate, I was there for 6 hours when the meeting should have taken no more than 2. Then it came to an abrupt end when he threw up all over the kitchen. Needless to say I found another job pretty sharpish. :mad:

Bazeye
15-Sep-10, 18:07
I have noticed a trend in this thread...the users always defend themselves by using alcohol drinkers as an an alternative..Like, its ok for alcoholics to get smashed so why shoudnt we get stoned?
That is no defence, its wrong to get off your head on alcohol and its wrong to get stoned on cannabis and both can be very, very dangerous not only to themselves but also to others, especially Females.

Believe it or not, it's quite possible to smoke cannabis without getting off your head/high as a kite/throwin a whitey or whatever.
If you can read this then I've just proved my point.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 18:14
It is also entirely possible to drink alcohol without getting drunk but its not like this country is well known for its mature responsible adults who can drink in moderation now is it?

I can't remember who's side I'm on. I will just stick to the facts rather than opinion.

Nacho
15-Sep-10, 19:02

i'm intrigued ...

why is it especially dangerous for females ?

Logical
15-Sep-10, 19:03
I think C3 can explain to you how it all works but best to keep that to PM's ;)

Gleber2
15-Sep-10, 19:16
It is also entirely possible to drink alcohol without getting drunk but its not like this country is well known for its mature responsible adults who can drink in moderation now is it?

I can't remember who's side I'm on. I will just stick to the facts rather than opinion.
It would appear that we of the pro camp are not allowed to bring alcohol comparisons into our posts., neither are we supposed to advocate that cannabis should be used for medicinal purposes and we are not supposed to talk about the inestimable benefits of hemp cultivation. We are all stoners who live in a fantasy word where we only care about our addictions and how to feed them.

Corrie 3
15-Sep-10, 19:28
I think C3 can explain to you how it all works but best to keep that to PM's ;)
This is an extract from a help site called "Know the score" You might not believe the figures but I do...................

Cannabis. In a survey of drug rape victims in the USA, 30 per cent of victims had been drugged by cannabis prior to the sexual assault.
Other 'street names' for drugs known to have been used in drug rape cases are Mexican Valium and Scoop. If you are offered drugs with these names then you should be aware that they could have the effect of making you mentally incapacitated and physically helpless, thus putting you in a vulnerable position.

C3....:eek:

Gleber2
15-Sep-10, 19:35
Hey Logical how can we win when we have the might of the Internet against us?
In the nineteen thirties we had Hearst newspapers telling the people that to smoke one reefer would lead to death and people believed that too.

Bazeye
15-Sep-10, 19:37
This is an extract from a help site called "Know the score" You might not believe the figures but I do...................

Cannabis. In a survey of drug rape victims in the USA, 30 per cent of victims had been drugged by cannabis prior to the sexual assault.
Other 'street names' for drugs known to have been used in drug rape cases are Mexican Valium and Scoop. If you are offered drugs with these names then you should be aware that they could have the effect of making you mentally incapacitated and physically helpless, thus putting you in a vulnerable position.

the victims were drugged with cannabis....? I'd have thought rohypnol would have been the prefered choice of drug of the discerning rapist, but ...hey, what do I know.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 21:01
OK, now it seems you are all in eager wait of my answers so hear I go.

I have heard of "Know the score" and for the last few years they do presentations to all primary 7 pupils as well.
*Gleber2, you may want to defend this as a brainwashing day.
While I believe that these figures are worded and maybe stretched somewhat to scare people to some extent I would imagine this is true. But.... these women will have undoubtedly have had a few drinks (as would the attackers) and as mentioned, the drugs will most likely be laced.
But in general, I agree that that statement is most definitely -in the least- based on truth.

Hey Logical how can we win when we have the might of the Internet against us?
In the nineteen thirties we had Hearst newspapers telling the people that to smoke one reefer would lead to death and people believed that too.

The internet is both the greatest strength and weakness of people like us. We use it to get the point across but the government know the tricks and therefore do the same as well.

the victims were drugged with cannabis....? I'd have thought rohypnol would have been the prefered choice of drug of the discerning rapist, but ...hey, what do I know.

That genuinely scares me a little that you would know that:lol:.

Gleber2
15-Sep-10, 21:18
OK, now it seems you are all in eager wait of my answers so hear I go.

I have heard of "Know the score" and for the last few years they do presentations to all primary 7 pupils as well.
*Gleber2, you may want to defend this as a brainwashing day.
While I believe that these figures are worded and maybe stretched somewhat to scare people to some extent I would imagine this is true. But.... these women will have undoubtedly have had a few drinks (as would the attackers) and as mentioned, the drugs will most likely be laced.
But in general, I agree that that statement is most definitely -in the least- based on truth.

The internet is both the greatest strength and weakness of people like us. We use it to get the point across but the government know the tricks and therefore do the same as well.

That genuinely scares me a little that you would know that:lol:.
Awfully difficult to spike some-one with weed. GHB much more common and easy to administer.
I have never heard of a rape case that has cited cannabis as the spiking agent.
I do not use the internet to back up my arguments. Never have and never will.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 21:21
Awfully difficult to spike some-one with weed. GHB much more common and easy to administer.

Am I the only one here who doesn't have an advanced knowledge of how to spike people for my own gain!?

And while you may not want to use the internet to use in an argument, it is still a place to spread views.

Anfield
15-Sep-10, 21:40
Am I the only one here who doesn't have an advanced knowledge of how to spike people for my own gain!?

You do not need to have an advanced knowledge of spiking drinks.
The Government has spent a lot of money on adverts advising people what to do/not do to avoid becoming a victim (More info (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/drink-spiking/Pages/Introduction.aspx))

Logical
15-Sep-10, 21:49
I don't think that I need to worry too much.....

But its that everyone seems to know how to rather than how to prevent it.

Just aint the kind of thing that comes up in a general knowledge pup quiz.

"And which drug will spike a woman's drink making her loose all common sense fastest and leave as little trace possible?"
Can't see that one coming up.

Margaret M.
16-Sep-10, 04:06
Andrew Weil on his own website, describes himself as a World Renowned Leader in Intregative Medicine, along with his shoes and Mushroom Cream/ in fact his Website will sell you anything!
Oh, and self proclaimed 'wonderman'!

Oh, and rejected by Conventional Medical Specialists!

I would be a wee bit wary of this guy.......he is there to sell you whatever he can...kind of self serving I would say.
Perhaps those who want a hero for the abolition of Cannabis Laws should get a more respectable 'hero'. Am sure there is someone but was unable to find one today!

You are typing tripe again. Yes, he practices integrative medicine. He believes the best care possible is the combination of conventional and alternative medicine. Yes, he sells health products -- the profits from sales are used to support integrative medicine training and research. He’s a Harvard educated M.D. and is highly respected so don’t bother wasting your time raking through the Internet trying to find something to discredit him.

sandyr1
16-Sep-10, 06:17
You are typing tripe again. Yes, he practices integrative medicine. He believes the best care possible is the combination of conventional and alternative medicine. Yes, he sells health products -- the profits from sales are used to support integrative medicine training and research. He’s a Harvard educated M.D. and is highly respected so don’t bother wasting your time raking through the Internet trying to find something to discredit him.

Again...really....He is well known for his liberalism..Not accepted by the majority of Doctors, both as a MD and a Scholar! One in a Million! Selling Shoes and Mushroom Cream..Vitamins....40% off! Oh, and music downloads....Can you imagine..A Harvard Man.....we need help??? As I look upward!
Without Prejudice MM............

Just read that he can make my hair grow...'High' foreheed!!!! You are too funny!

Nacho
17-Sep-10, 00:21
I don't think that I need to worry too much.....

But its that everyone seems to know how to rather than how to prevent it.

Just aint the kind of thing that comes up in a general knowledge pup quiz.

"And which drug will spike a woman's drink making her loose all common sense fastest and leave as little trace possible?"
Can't see that one coming up.

the fact that other orgers know and understand the dangers posed to women (and occasionally men) of date rape drugs such as ghb and rophynol shows that they are up to date with the dangers such drugs face everyone.

this just highlights your general ignorance, and by trying to suggest that those that do understand this danger implies an illicit interest in the activity shows what a cretin you are.

Bazeye
17-Sep-10, 01:19
the fact that other orgers know and understand the dangers posed to women (and occasionally men) of date rape drugs such as ghb and rophynol shows that they are up to date with the dangers such drugs face everyone.

this just highlights your general ignorance, and by trying to suggest that those that do understand this danger implies an illicit interest in the activity shows what a cretin you are.

I was going to say something like that. Im quite interested in WW1 but that doesnt mean I want to live in a trench for years at a time, get shot at and get gassed does it.

Logical
17-Sep-10, 11:47

You have superb skills to pick an argument from even the least of all offensive comments.

Here here, I never said there was harm in knowing. But.... many of the orgers said things like "you should give them X, its easier and has quicker reaction time" I just thought it was funny that they know a lot about how to be on the offensive.

As for calling me ignorant and a cretin, sticks and stones. If you're looking for a reaction and an argument I wont give you the satisfaction:cool:.
Hope it can be left at that.

Logical
17-Sep-10, 11:48
I was going to say something like that. Im quite interested in WW1 but that doesnt mean I want to live in a trench for years at a time, get shot at and get gassed does it.

No, it doesn't........:lol:

Gleber2
19-Sep-10, 12:25
Another statement.
http://news.aol.co.uk/uk-news/story/fresh-strategy-over-cannabis-urged/1280546

teenybash
22-Sep-10, 23:45
http://www.facebook.com/l/bf375Lk8etZKlfYtI_jiMzCBX-Q;www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLcOovhQgE

RIP Biz