PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Down

highlander
13-Jul-06, 23:19
When u feel down and nothing is going right, what do you recommend to be that happy little bunnie again?

kas
13-Jul-06, 23:24
I heard on the radio today that you should flip through a family photo album if you need cheering up, although it did say that these are becoming a thing of the past due to digital photography. Everything is on CD now.

golach
13-Jul-06, 23:27
Come doon till Awld reekie and get a cuddle from your owld pal Golach

changilass
13-Jul-06, 23:28
Come doon till Awld reekie and get a cuddle from your owld pal Golach

Gotta agree with cuz, lots of cuddles from all yer pals.

airdlass
13-Jul-06, 23:30
I heard on the radio today that you should flip through a family photo album if you need cheering up, although it did say that these are becoming a thing of the past due to digital photography. Everything is on CD now.
Looking through my photo albums would make me worse!:~(

connieb19
13-Jul-06, 23:34
When u feel down and nothing is going right, what do you recommend to be that happy little bunnie again?Shopping...Loads of!!!

willowbankbear
13-Jul-06, 23:35
Some of GrantyG or mr&mrs billy boys joke threads can raise a smile for me, 1-2 good gags today guys, cheers[lol]

If that doesnt work, I take my dog for a long walk with some ace tunes in my I-pod & away we go

Naefearjustbeer
13-Jul-06, 23:48
Go out for a brisk walk in the fresh air

Naefearjustbeer
13-Jul-06, 23:50
Or go out to the shed/garage with a big hammer and knock the seven bells out of something a great stress relief. Just make sure it is something that is fit for the bin. Dont knock lumps out of the car :lol:

Dave Taylor
13-Jul-06, 23:53
Go over to the Joke thread. There are "old ones, new ones, loved ones, neglected ones" (anyone else remember Semprini?), and some of them made me laugh. Give it a try

connieb19
13-Jul-06, 23:55
There's nothing like your pets to cheer you up if you're feeling down..:)

canuck
14-Jul-06, 04:22
When u feel down and nothing is going right, what do you recommend to be that happy little bunnie again?

Highlander, a good blether with golach on yahoo always works for me.
I think that I found frozen yogurt in a Caithness store. It has far fewer calories than regular ice cream. It works too.
Some of those old romantic love songs from the 60s and 70s re-orient my blas. And then there is always the Beach Boys.
Best of all is Gleber2's piece called "The Dark Lighthouse Rag". It is the first track on The Rose-Line Connection.

sassylass
14-Jul-06, 04:48
I contact one of my gal pals. There's no substitute for a good heartfelt blether :)

Another thing is to get out for a walk, really gets those good endorphins flowing and clears the cobwebs.

Sporran
14-Jul-06, 06:51

I find that listening to some of my favourite music helps. Or I'll watch one of my comedy videos, such as Fawlty Towers, or Mr Bean. Shopping is a good pick-me-up too, but it can be a dangerous one! Not so bad if the store is having a sale at the time, though.

I like the suggestion that kas mentioned. Looking through family photo albums always cheers me up! :) I love looking at photos of my kids when they were little, and ones from my own childhood and my husband's.

jambo
14-Jul-06, 07:30
just thinking about hibs not winning the scottish cup in 106 years makes me happy when im feeling down.

squidge
14-Jul-06, 07:32
cuddles, cuddles and more cuddles especially from your children.

A good old fashioned weepy film - get the tears out and everything mends sooner rather than later.

Someone to make you laugh

cullbucket
14-Jul-06, 07:36
Head to the pub for a total raxxer... you might just have a good crack and then when you wake up the next day with a stinking hangover you will realise that yesterday was not so bad after all

golach
14-Jul-06, 09:17
just thinking about hibs not winning the scottish cup in 106 years makes me happy when im feeling down.
waiting in anticipation for Romanov to sell Gorgie in the near future gives me a warm glow [lol]

Billy Boy
14-Jul-06, 09:56

if i feel really down i have a good old greet and get it out my system,:~( then i think of all the good things in my life and count my blessings, cheers me up in no time :lol:
hope you feel better soon

airdlass
14-Jul-06, 10:00
if i feel really down i have a good old greet and get it out my system,:~( then i think of all the good things in my life and count my blessings, cheers me up in no time :lol:
hope you feel better soon
You can't beat a good greet! Then I look at my kids and everythings alright again!

Billy Boy
14-Jul-06, 13:22
Whenever you are feeling sad
Your eyes fixed upon the ground
You need someone to cheer you up
To turn your frown upside down
When times can get real rough
You need someone to lift your chin
Or tickle you 'till you can't breathe
Or 'till you simply grin
A kiss is just a kiss
A hug a mere embrace
But nothing beats the worldly known
A smile upon the face:D

Ricco
14-Jul-06, 14:04
I contact one of my gal pals. There's no substitute for a good heartfelt blether :)

Another thing is to get out for a walk, really gets those good endorphins flowing and clears the cobwebs.

Hey, Sassylass. Can we contact oone of your gal pals as well? ;)

Billy Boy
14-Jul-06, 14:20
Head to the pub for a total raxxer... you might just have a good crack and then when you wake up the next day with a stinking hangover you will realise that yesterday was not so bad after all

A hangover can make almost anything seem better lol :lol: :lol:

sassylass
14-Jul-06, 14:59
Hey, Sassylass. Can we contact oone of your gal pals as well? ;)

[lol] hey sure no problem. There's always at least one of my gal pals ready, willing, and able.

unicorn
14-Jul-06, 16:06
I go out to the shed and groom my bunnies and look at babies in nest!!

cuddlepop
14-Jul-06, 21:16
Take yourselve for a long walk along the coast,plug some good music into your ears and take as long as you need.Stop and really look at the scenery ,smell the sea and let your mood lift.
Things are alwas better after one of these walks,got the tshirt.[lol]

dirdyweeker
15-Jul-06, 13:17

You haven't responded to any of the posts. I hope this means you are feeling happier. If not why not post again as keeping in touch with people can lift a low mood. You are never alone on this forum and lots of folk are always willing to try and help. Hope you are doing ok?

highlander
15-Jul-06, 21:24
Thank-you, for the kind support, i was very touched by your responces, i have decided to take on a few each day, but as its saturday night, i liked the idea of putting some music on, cullbucket said "take a raxxer" lol so i have now read through some great jokes on here, now all i need is a good blether, see u all in chat room. Tomorrow i will take on board the other suggestions. cheers all

Billy Boy
15-Jul-06, 21:33
glad to hear you are feelin a bit better highlander, keep on smilin:D ;)

Kenn
15-Jul-06, 22:02
I think of all the crazy things I have done and all the laughs i have had with best friends, then (checking first that the neighbours are out) go turn my favourite music up full BLAST.

willowbankbear
15-Jul-06, 22:07
Go out fishing with Charlatans on his boat,like today, caught a good mixture of mackerel Cod,Coley,Ling,Pollack,sand eel & a Gurnard!!
The sun was shining , my face is a wee bit burnt, but the 3 of us all enjoyed the day, just what I needed-cheered me right up:)

Ricco
15-Jul-06, 22:13
Hey, Highlander. If you do go fishing wish I could come along! Its a good few years since I fished up around Thurso - would really love to do it again. Chin up, pal. Get a bucking pollack on the end and give a big smile.:D

highlander
15-Jul-06, 22:34
Hey now i like that idea willowbankbear and ricco, i wouldna mind a crack at fishing, must be grand just out in the open waters, peace and quiet, the waves lapping off the boat, next time you are going, give me a shout, and i will ask my hubby if it ok. lol lol
can just picture the two of u lol .................OMG SHES A WOMAN!!! LOL

crystal
15-Jul-06, 22:55
lots of fresh air and long walks normaly calm me down not all the time mind you:roll:

Ricco
16-Jul-06, 14:57
Hey now i like that idea willowbankbear and ricco, i wouldna mind a crack at fishing, must be grand just out in the open waters, peace and quiet, the waves lapping off the boat, next time you are going, give me a shout, and i will ask my hubby if it ok. lol lol
can just picture the two of u lol .................OMG SHES A WOMAN!!! LOL

I know - I have been subject to that old classic of 'ASSUMING'. I have been guilty, m'lud, of assuming that anyone using a male pseudonym will indeed turn out to be male. Wrong!

From now on you can call me 'Flossie'. :lol: