PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Dog Owners.

LoneSomeDove
01-Sep-10, 18:41
Decided to take the kids to the beach this afternoon as it was lovely. We headed for Reiss beach and had a lovely stroll across it. It was clean and tidy.

But walking along i came across a poop bag, full of dog poop, tied neatly and left on a rock. Further along came across anothe used poop bag.

What was the problem of carrying that poop bag back to the supplied bins near the car park.Now it seems that the owner was responsible enough to pick up the poop in the bag but why the heck was it left on the beach.

Was it to heavy to carry or was someone just to lazy to take it with them.Can people not consider others when it comes to dog poop,(bagged or not)

The mind boggles.:eek:

aurora32
01-Sep-10, 18:54
Ive seen that on numerous occasions on Dunnet beach, to me leaving a bag of poop is less eco/enviro friendly than just leaving the poop as it will at least compost down where a bag wont. Not as if bins are not provided.

GruesomeTwosome
02-Sep-10, 12:17
Couldnt agree with you more guys about folk who leave there bags or dont bother cleaning up after their dogs at all. I am guilty however of just arriving at the beach and the dogs do their business just as we arrive, I will clean it up and pop the bags out of folks way and pick them up and dispose on my way back.

If i'm shot down on here and told this is not acceptable I will stop doing it (not that I am at the beach that often).

munron
02-Sep-10, 13:48
Couldnt agree with you more guys about folk who leave there bags or dont bother cleaning up after their dogs at all. I am guilty however of just arriving at the beach and the dogs do their business just as we arrive, I will clean it up and pop the bags out of folks way and pick them up and dispose on my way back.

If i'm shot down on here and told this is not acceptable I will stop doing it (not that I am at the beach that often).

Hey GT I do that the whole time, leave them for when I am on the way back. I did forget once, no excuses, but did look for it the next time I was out and it had gone.

I use degradeable bags and I think the council should provide them and not the ones they do, more money though so I would doubt they would.

mop top
02-Sep-10, 18:16
Hi Munron

The council issue bags are bio degradable and have been for the last 18 months. This point was made to me and i took it on board and made sure that our supplier was changed so that bags were bio degradable.

cheers

munron
02-Sep-10, 20:07
Cheers Mop Top, shows what I know :) Hopefully all others that didnt know either will rush down to the office and get theirs and leave the beaches etc poop free :)

Sarah
02-Sep-10, 20:13
I did this earlier :confused on Sheigra beach. I'll admit it. However I put it discretly under a rock, with my dogs leads, so people would know I was going to go back for it!

I'm not one to bag it then leave it, no point, but I also don't see the point of carrying 2 leads, treat bag, poobag dispenser as well as 2 bags of poo for the whole walk. There's no bins or bags provided for 3 miles.

teenybash
02-Sep-10, 20:21
This is just a thought....when the biodegradable bags degrade what happens to and where is the poop?........:eek:

_Ju_
02-Sep-10, 21:48
They take 1.5 to 2 years to degrade. The dog poo by then has long gone into the soil, rotted away, dissapeared.