PDA

View Full Version : Drever

Anonymous
01-Mar-01, 23:29
Looking for information on my great great grandparents.

George Drever (probably from Orkney) married Cathrine Sinclair(b. 1837 Thurso)in Thurso Dec. 1862

1) John George Drever Oct. 1863 Stromness Orkney

2) William Sinclair Drever Jun 1865 Thurso

3) Josephina Drever Oct. 1868 Thurso

4) Jessie Ann Drever Jan 1873 Wick

5) Walter Ross Taylor Drever Oct 1874 Latheron

6) Maggie Jean Drever 1879

Any one having information of the Drevers or Sinclairs I would be interested in hearing from you.

casinclairdrever
09-Jan-07, 07:03
Hi my name is Craig Sinclair Drever. My Great grandfather T.W. Sinclair Drever immegrated from Scotland to South Africa.The name William Sinclair Drever is engraved on his grave stone.
I am also attempting to establish my roots of origin and get in touch with lost families.
I would appreciate any assistance you could deliver regarding the above mentioned matter.
Yours cordially
Craig

jackie
11-Jan-07, 17:25
My Drevers are all from Orkney so I will check and see if I can connect you to any of them. Will get back to you on it through Caithness.org
Jackie

jackie
16-Jan-07, 20:17
Well I am sorry that the information that I have on my Drever's does not contain a George, but if I come across any in the future I will let you know.
Jackie

SNOWDOG
27-Jan-07, 02:35
Ivan Drever is a fairly well known musician from Orkney, im sure if you typed his name into a search engine it would come up with some information! :)

margaretsloan
24-Aug-08, 14:25
Hi Craig
My Great Grandfather was John George Drever born 4th of October 1963 Stromness in Orkney. He was a policeman in Glasgow. Of which a photograph of him is on the opening page of www.policemuseum.org.uk (http://www.policemuseum.org.uk)
The list of names you have posted are all of his brothers & sisters. Please get in touch & we can swap information.

Mosser
25-Aug-08, 17:02
Looking for information on my great great grandparents.

George Drever (probably from Orkney) married Cathrine Sinclair(b. 1837 Thurso)in Thurso Dec. 1862

1) John George Drever Oct. 1863 Stromness Orkney

2) William Sinclair Drever Jun 1865 Thurso

3) Josephina Drever Oct. 1868 Thurso

4) Jessie Ann Drever Jan 1873 Wick

5) Walter Ross Taylor Drever Oct 1874 Latheron

6) Maggie Jean Drever 1879

Any one having information of the Drevers or Sinclairs I would be interested in hearing from you.

There was a George Drever in Wick in 1887 with H M Customs and he was also Vice President of Wick Tonic Solfa Union. Could this be one of yours?

casinclairdrever
17-Jun-09, 19:02
Hi ?
My great grandaddady named as above, died in South Africa 1916, aged 40, or so the news paper article stated. Due to not having any info of his birth date I am not able to prove if this was his correct age.
Did your William leave Scotland for South Africa?
Regards
Craig Sinclair Drever

casinclairdrever
30-Sep-09, 19:46
Hi ??????? :confused

Contact me via e-mail at casdrever@yahoo.com
Regards
Craig