PDA

View Full Version : The Farce That is Soapland

brokencross
13-Jul-06, 19:42
Don't normally watch Emmerdale on TV but was just flicking the old buttons and just witnessed the most unconvincing load of tosh with a house blowing up and collapsing. It was absolutely farcical and that is being polite, it must have been the special effects man's day off. It was like something from Thunderbirds, so fake. Anybody else see the drivel??!

connieb19
13-Jul-06, 19:45
Oh heck!!!! And now Sadies just murdered Jimmy..:roll:

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 19:46
I nearly cried it was so realistic.http://www.ukbandmates.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ROFL_ANIM.gif
Yeah connie, stuck there with sadie ready to bash your head in, how scary is that??????

unicorn
13-Jul-06, 19:47
pathetic or what lol

Billy Boy
and they say it cost £100.000,to build specially for blowing it up:eek:

connieb19
But Jimmy was the only good looking bloke on Emerdale!! :~(

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 19:48
Aw comeon connie, jimmy, lmao

unicorn
13-Jul-06, 19:49
connie it's time for you to visit vision express :p

Billy Boy
13-Jul-06, 19:49
lol i think you got the wrong programme[lol]

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 19:53
Ahahahaha, jimmy had a head like a drive-in movie theater.:D

connieb19
13-Jul-06, 19:54
I'll just have to watch whats his name now, Vivs husband? lol :lol:

unicorn
13-Jul-06, 19:55
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww connnnnnnnie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yuck yuck yuck!! someone find this woman a man fast!!

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 19:57
I'll just have to watch whats his name now, Vivs husband? lol :lol:
Lol@connie, bob the door handle hope.

connieb19
13-Jul-06, 19:59
Lol@connie, bob the door handle hope.That's him!! I take it you're a fan Pultneytooner..lol :lol:

footie chick
13-Jul-06, 20:01
Lol@connie, bob the door handle hope.

Your being a bit harsh on door handles aren't you, you get some nice ones now :lol:

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 20:01
That's him!! I take it you're a fan Pultneytooner..lol :lol:
I absolutely love watching emerdale, I like corrie too, liked david thought he was a funny kid till he turned psycho.

connieb19
13-Jul-06, 20:18
Is anyone watching Extraordinary Pets on Channel 4 just now? :(

tisme
13-Jul-06, 20:25
Na - poker face!! On itv1 that is, not you:lol:

obiron
13-Jul-06, 20:42
most of the ones i watch are done. need to find new ones. all that is left is without a trace and will and grace. there both on the night.

krieve
13-Jul-06, 20:45
Bad girls start again tonight at 9 does anyone watch it?

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 20:47
most of the ones i watch are done. need to find new ones. all that is left is without a trace and will and grace. there both on the night.
Heres one obiron, watch the 4400, fantastic story of people who have been kidnapped by future humans at different points in time only to be deposited on earth all at once and tells of the complicated life they face.

obiron
13-Jul-06, 20:47
watched bad girls when it first came on load of rubbish now.

obiron
13-Jul-06, 20:49
Heres one obiron, watch the 4400, fantastic story of people who have been kidnapped by future humans at different points in time only to be deposited on earth all at once and tells of the complicated life they face.

watched the first series of it really struggled to get into the 2nd. might try again when sky repeats it.

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 20:52
watched the first series of it really struggled to get into the 2nd. might try again when sky repeats it. Maybe you are not as much of a sci-fi buff as me, lol, I watch all those progs, they fascinate me. Maybe I read too much erich von daniken.

airdlass
13-Jul-06, 21:08
I love Will and Grace - especially Karen and Jack. They should have a show of their own

mccaugm
13-Jul-06, 21:12
If we're talking fav programmes - I love The Bill - annoyed that it keeps getting ousted for rubbish like the Football and Pokerface....grrr[evil]

Did watch the episode of Emmerdale...admit it was rubbish tonight but it is getting better than Eastenders - heard rumour that Stacey gets pregnant by the red headed dude.

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 21:14
If we're talking fav programmes - I love The Bill - annoyed that it keeps getting ousted for rubbish like the Football and Pokerface....grrr[evil]

Did watch the episode of Emmerdale...admit it was rubbish tonight but it is getting better than Eastenders - heard rumour that Stacey gets pregnant by the red headed dude. Not another ginger winger???????

willowbankbear
13-Jul-06, 21:47
I watched eastenders twice this week, that is shocking admission by moi, who is stacey, the ginger bloke is Brad and Pulteneytooner, he whines too, well he`s in Eastenders,its the norm.
Im gona see if there are any films on sky coz the council telly is dirt.

canuck
14-Jul-06, 04:31

I have often thought that someone closely following the threads of the org could patch together a pretty convincing soap opera.

Sporran
14-Jul-06, 07:04
Two of my favourite programmes on BBC America right now are Hex and Footballers Wives. :cool: Anybody else like those?

squidge
14-Jul-06, 07:47
I like the Bill too but i hardly watch any telly at all during the summer. I watched Big Cats last night and thats the first time i watched anything this week.

My lovely wonderful cousin writes many of the Storylines for Emmerdale. She does The Royal as well and has worked on Corrie and Heartbeat and many others. You will see her name pop up at the end of the credits many times. I never watch it but i know many people LOVE it and the others too - i dont quite get it tho.....