PDA

View Full Version : The shop in thurso

mrlennie
31-Aug-10, 23:06
Has anyone else walked past that empty shop in Thurso where it says £75 a week rent and thought that's a pretty good deal? Anyone any idea why it's been left so long?:confused

It's the white one opposite Sandra's take away on the corner.

ter21wat
01-Sep-10, 00:46
Yeah i thought it was a good deal too......but what to put in it???

mrlennie
01-Sep-10, 01:00
Thats the thing lol its been empty for so long must be some reason why it hasnt been taken.

Tubthumper
01-Sep-10, 09:27
You could probably get the old building diagonally opposite thrown in for free if you wanted to rent that shop. They would probably even give you the scaffolding as welll!

WICKER10
01-Sep-10, 09:38
You may even get the Old Nightclub in High Street Wick as these buildings are all controlled by the same family.

Logical
01-Sep-10, 10:22
I'm guessing that it hasn't been taken over because there is no money in Caithness. Unfortunately pretty much every time a new company forms they don't last long..... Caithness's business is slowly dying.

Dadie
01-Sep-10, 10:24
Think its damp.
And cold and needs gutted!

b3n
01-Sep-10, 10:27
a starbucks like internet cafe would do nicely there!

Free wifi, a few leather sofa's and great coffee ;)

mrlennie
01-Sep-10, 10:30
I'm guessing that it hasn't been taken over because there is no money in Caithness. Unfortunately pretty much every time a new company forms they don't last long..... Caithness's business is slowly dying.

Aren't you little miss sunshine;)

mrlennie
01-Sep-10, 10:31

Sounds good

stekar
01-Sep-10, 11:29
The contact mobile phone number that was up was duff. Guess they've got a new phone number now?

Did know someone who was interested in the shop a couple of years back, but couldn't get any info about it.

Commore
01-Sep-10, 16:43
Yeah i thought it was a good deal too......but what to put in it???

A good greengrocer's would be good. :)

EDDIE
01-Sep-10, 20:51
when you renting a shop i think it location spot is more important than the rent

pottheed
01-Sep-10, 21:31
The reason its not been rented out:

A - The business rates on that shop are EXTORTIONATE (probs needs re banding or whatever)

B - The number advertised goes straight to answering machine, if you leave a message, noone gets back to you

ducati
02-Sep-10, 11:05
Sounds good

Steady on!

Good coffee fair enough, but a free wifie? How far down the road to Hades does Caithness have to go to promote our businesses? :eek:

theone
02-Sep-10, 16:17

If it had great coffee it wouldn't be very starbucks-like at all!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
02-Sep-10, 18:44

not true of all new starts - I know quite a few that are thriving including my own.

Logical
02-Sep-10, 19:06
not true of all new starts - I know quite a few that are thriving including my own.

What exacly do you do (if you dont mind me asking so;))?

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
02-Sep-10, 21:00
equestrian, livestock and pet products - but mostly animal feed and bedding - and the delivery of.

Hibeechick
02-Sep-10, 21:35

Well Said K.O.T !

Logical
02-Sep-10, 21:43
I stand corrected (because im very humble) all the best to your thriving businesses..

mrlennie
02-Sep-10, 22:12
I stand corrected (because im very humble) all the best to your thriving businesses..

Not as humble as me!:mad: