PDA

View Full Version : airport cafe

andrew.bowles30
31-Aug-10, 16:03
well we have done it we have taken over at the wick airport cafe and open up tomorow i have to stay in england to run the pub untill i can find someone to take over so i can come home at last but trish my wife is there with my mother in law dianha they are glad to be back so anyone wants some good grub at the airport come up and see us :D:lol::Razz

Dadie
31-Aug-10, 16:39
Thats good news for you!
The breakfasts at the airport were always good anytime I was in with work!
Its a peedie wee kitchen area!

teenybash
31-Aug-10, 16:54
Can anyone pop in for a cuppa......:)

ducati
31-Aug-10, 17:17
That's great news. Will you be open anytime the Airport is, or just around the scheduled flight times? :D

ashaw1
31-Aug-10, 17:36
Good luck with your new venture!

http://cherryblossombakery.webs.com/

Venture
31-Aug-10, 18:12

Wow these look far too good to eat. The cookies are brilliant.:)

ashaw1
31-Aug-10, 18:18
Thank you!

Phill
31-Aug-10, 20:22
I hope it takes off for ya!

Takes off, TAKES OFF!! ha ha geddit? airport, takes off...........I'll get me coat...............

andrew.bowles30
01-Sep-10, 11:53
hi all yes anyoe can come up for a coffee and yes we are open when the airport is not just for flights good breakfasts good grub as aways any one that new me at the cross will know we give good serviceand quality food and its great to be back we will be looking for do lots more soon thanks to you all were glad to be back :Razz:lol::D

Venture
01-Sep-10, 13:50

I'm slightly confused here. Is the link you posted above to do with the folk running the cafe at the airport or is this your own personal business?:confused

Fran
01-Sep-10, 23:14
Thats a relief. Good to be able to get a cup of tea there again and the staff
were all lost without it.
Good ;luck with your new venture and welcome back "home".

Margaret M.
02-Sep-10, 04:08
Well done, Andrew. I was surprised to see the cafe closed when I was there in August. So you'll be back in Caithness and the airport will have a cafe again, it's a win-win. Good luck!

telfordstar
02-Sep-10, 08:33
I'm slightly confused here. Is the link you posted above to do with the folk running the cafe at the airport or is this your own personal business?:confused

It's her own new personal business nothing to do with cafe at airport.

Rictina
02-Sep-10, 08:37
When Im in Wick next I will pop in for a coffee & something to eat.

I wish you all the best. :)

poppett
02-Sep-10, 08:56
Good luck wishes from me too.

Logical
02-Sep-10, 12:06
Wish you all the best with the cafe. Hope it runs well.

andrew.bowles30
02-Sep-10, 13:32
we would like to thank you all for our welcome back yes it is our own cafe in the airport we are not just there for the flyes any one can come up we also do takeaways see you all soon and thankyou for making us all welcome we are hear to stay this time never going back to england we love caithness very much

Kodiak
02-Sep-10, 13:37
This sounds very interesting indeed. Mrs Kodiak and I will pop in the very next time we are in Wick. Should be Tuesday next week.

ciderally
02-Sep-10, 17:27
Hey well done and welcome home...be in soon xx

poppett
02-Sep-10, 18:25
A daytime meeting place for the orgers who can`t get to the curry night? Hope to see you all soon.

Mummy
13-Sep-10, 17:48
Do u do lunches.. Cakes.. Etc? I have never been up the Airport before defo be going there soon :)!

andrew.bowles30
13-Sep-10, 23:08
hi yes we do akes toasties all sorts hope to see you soon we even do takeaway buttys:lol:

stansmith
14-Sep-10, 06:37
I was disappointed by the takeover of the cafe.
Was there on Wednesday, asked for a newspaper, was told they only took over last thurday and haven't sorted papers out yet.
How long does it take?

arana negra
14-Sep-10, 07:40
Confused by some posts here, one advertising a non related business to the OP post and someone who thinks that cafe owners should make newspapers their priority when opening a cafe ? I would be disappointed if it did not have drinks and food. Also the 'sorting' out may be outwith their control. Surely you could bring your reading matter anyway.

I doubt I will ever be at Wick Airport unless a big detour :lol: I wish you success and happiness now you are 'home'

Kodiak
14-Sep-10, 09:44
I was disappointed by the takeover of the cafe.
Was there on Wednesday, asked for a newspaper, was told they only took over last thurday and haven't sorted papers out yet.
How long does it take?

Pointless Gripe, next you will be going to the Library and wonder why they dont have any Bacon Rolls.

weeksider
14-Sep-10, 10:44
Could make a flying visit for a/noon Tea & scones

stansmith
14-Sep-10, 11:20
Airports however big or small should sell at least newspapers.
Tescos isn't far away, just put the effort in
Usually take them out for other people on the rig.
If it was a library that usually had a cafe, I would expect it to still be there a week after it was taken over.
Bring back Lil

Kodiak
14-Sep-10, 11:44
If it was a library that usually had a cafe, I would expect it to still be there a week after it was taken over.
Bring back Lil

Still a Pointless Gripe. Sure you might expect an Airport to sell papers but this is a Cafe in the Airport and this is a completely Different thing altogether.

It is expected for a Cafe to sell food and drinks, but a cafe is NOT expected to sell Newspapers. They did NOT take over the Airport only a Cafe, so your analogy is also Pointless.

bridgeend
14-Sep-10, 12:09
The cafe in Kirkwall Airport sells papers and magazines .

Scarybiscuits03
14-Sep-10, 12:25
Bring back Lil

1. When you start a business you concentrate on what the business sells in this case food/drinks once you have that in hand then you can concentrate on little things like newspapers.
2. I haven't seen many cafe's selling newspapers they usually come from the newsagent.
3. Did you even sample the food??? Quote "Bring back lil" I think you are very rude and if I ran the cafe I would have you banned!!!