PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Lochwinnoch website Forums

John K
10-Jul-04, 23:22
Hello,

I'm one of the admins on the Lochwinnoch village web site forums:
http://www.lochwinnoch.info/Forum/

Us admins here have been enjoying your forums and the content on them. Lots of great content and discussions, and strangely similar arguments, user traits, and admin issues.

Would like to invite Caithnessians (??) to have a wander over to our forum, read and participate if they want.

johnk (Lochwinnoch)
John K (Caithness)

Anonymous
20-Jul-04, 00:34
I'm puzzled.

No replies to this post.

If it's spam, shouldn't a moderator identify it as such? Like, delete it?

If it's a genuine attempt to communicate, shouldn't somebody respond?

Should we interact with other CWS?

trinkie
20-Jul-04, 07:17
To thegardener -
You are absolutely right it was extremely rude of us not to acknowledge Johnk's Greeting from Lochwinnoch.
So now I say Welcome and Thank you, hope to hear from you again.

I guess folk have been busy with holidays and children and likely off enjoying themselves. But nevertheless Caithness has always been known for giving a new face a warm welcome.

Welcome to you too thegardener, are you newish around the block?

SD

Colin Manson
20-Jul-04, 17:41
I'm puzzled.

No replies to this post.

If it's spam, shouldn't a moderator identify it as such? Like, delete it?

If it's a genuine attempt to communicate, shouldn't somebody respond?

Should we interact with other CWS?

That's a good question. :)

I don't think it's spam but all community websites are very specific, i.e. they serve the people of a particular place or with a particular interest.

Lots of the content on these forums is related to Caithness so why would I invite people from another place to read it? No harm in doing that but it's not how people normally find us.

Should we all feel linked because we are community websites? Well yes a little because we share certain issues and limitations but those are to do with the running of the website.

I think it's great if the post has reached someone that does have an interest in their area and it has pointed another person to a good website for them. However if the place was of interest to you then a simple search on google would find their website. :)

I thought the intent of the post was to invite us over to read and participate in their forums. I didn't see the need to respond because the post didn't require it.

Should you interact with other CWS, nothing to stop you if the website is relevant to you.

tinkerbell
30-Jul-04, 02:59
Hello People,

I am also from Lochwinnoch :D . I have visited your site because our admin (John K) suggested it. Thought it was quite a giggle that you thought that was spam tho. Have to say you have a great site with absolutely loads going on. Come and visit ours. At the moment we're having a laugh with a word association. It started of with Lochwiinoch and so far has reached 5 pages! I think the last word when I looked tonight was Jordans inflatables or something to that description :eek:

Tink

tinkerbell
01-Aug-04, 02:26
Back again, sorry for intruding but has anyone visited our site yet? If you have why not start a new topic on our site of how we can improve it or what you think might be wrong with it :eek: Someone not long ago suggested a wheelie bin race just for a laugh but then radio station Q96 got wind of it and broadcasted it. It will be taking place on 22nd August and Q96 have put a wheelie bin team in! If you have'nt visited our site yet, why not :~( . I'm tinkerbell on the Lochwinnoch site (so I'll be easy to spot)! Why not come on ours and start a new subject, give us a try eh.