PDA

View Full Version : Sky

taylor.4
12-Jul-06, 22:37
Anyone else having bother with sky tonight? every so often a message appears on my screen no signal being recieved, but i can still hear the programe that i am watching, when i press backup it takes me back to tv guide.:(

golach
12-Jul-06, 22:40
Anyone else having bother with sky tonight? every so often a message appears on my screen no signal being recieved, but i can still hear the programe that i am watching, when i press backup it takes me back to tv guide.:(
Sky down here is perfect.Whats the weather like with you, that maybe the cause

taylor.4
12-Jul-06, 22:45
Sky down here is perfect.Whats the weather like with you, that maybe the causeWeather is fine, just got new dish fitted 2 weeks ago as last one fell off wall, just seems a bit weird, its just come up sky active on screen, was watching big brother and could still hear them speaking, but screen went to sky active, weird or what:confused

golach
12-Jul-06, 22:54
Weather is fine, just got new dish fitted 2 weeks ago as last one fell off wall, just seems a bit weird, its just come up sky active on screen, was watching big brother and could still hear them speaking, but screen went to sky active, weird or what:confused
Go to your "services" button on your remote then 4 then 6 and check your signal strength, if its not good. Switch off Sky ...remove card ...unplug from mains for 1 minute and restart, that resets your settings

krieve
12-Jul-06, 22:58
My sky was playing up, I put it on to watch something, went upstairs then when i came back down stairs and it had turn it's self back to the tv guide. I am the only one in the house so nobody turn it over.:eek: :confused:

taylor.4
12-Jul-06, 23:02
My sky was playing up, I put it on to watch something, went upstairs then when i came back down stairs and it had turn it's self back to the tv guide. I am the only one in the house so nobody turn it over.:eek: :confused:Thats the same with me, i'm the only one watching tv hubby and kids all upstairs so no-one could have touched remote am so confused!!!

krieve
12-Jul-06, 23:09
Thats the same with me, i'm the only one watching tv hubby and kids all upstairs so no-one could have touched remote am so confused!!!
It's strange, then when i pressed all channels it went on to the radio !
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_1v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk121YYGB)

changilass
12-Jul-06, 23:13
Thought hubby was playing silly beggers, but then he went off to work and it was still doing it, glad its not just me, thought I was loosing the few marbles I have left:lol:

taylor.4
12-Jul-06, 23:18
Thought hubby was playing silly beggers, but then he went off to work and it was still doing it, glad its not just me, thought I was loosing the few marbles I have left:lol:Weird or what!!!! thought it was someting wrong tv, glad i'm not the only one:confused

golach
13-Jul-06, 00:00
Thought hubby was playing silly beggers, but then he went off to work and it was still doing it, glad its not just me, thought I was loosing the few marbles I have left:lol:
I dont know what you are on tonght Wee Cuz, can you please bottle it and keep me some [lol]

Moonboots
13-Jul-06, 11:42

Yeah it happened to me also. There was a fault on the trasmission from Sky. I gave them a phone as I thought my Sky+ was faulty and I was told this on the phone from the technical department.

porshiepoo
13-Jul-06, 11:54
Weather is fine, just got new dish fitted 2 weeks ago as last one fell off wall, just seems a bit weird, its just come up sky active on screen, was watching big brother and could still hear them speaking, but screen went to sky active, weird or what:confused

Ours did exactly the same! [evil] It's done it again this morning too.

Moonboots
13-Jul-06, 12:51
The reason why this is happening.

There is a fault with an interactive advert on CH4 and E4 which appears to be resetting the boxes when the red button comes onto the screen.

The Advert is The new national lottery Dream Number!!!!!

Sky and Channel 4 are investigating it

wild1
13-Jul-06, 15:07
well at least you all hav sky installed I was supposed to be getting it installed eh day the guys couldn't because of birds nesting on top of the houses everytime they went past it would come down trying to attack them quite funny because they don't seem to be attacking women lol

krieve
13-Jul-06, 15:10
You should have told them to wear a wig, then they would'nt have been attacked and ye would have your sky installed.[lol]

wild1
13-Jul-06, 15:13
You should have told them to wear a wig, then they would'nt have been attacked and ye would have your sky installed.[lol]

lol never thought of that one told them can't they just put on a helmet and get up the ladder they said no way lol

orkneylass
13-Jul-06, 15:16
" I had to phone someone so I picked on you--oo0oo
Hey that's far out so you saw it too --o -oo

Maybe we can pick it up on channel 2"

With apologies to David Bowie

taylor.4
13-Jul-06, 16:12
Ours did exactly the same! [evil] It's done it again this morning too.So far no problems today, lets hope it stays that way:roll: