PDA

View Full Version : thurso pool?

Vistravi
30-Aug-10, 09:47
Does anyone know if the thurso pool is open today? the house phone isn't working too well today so i can't phone to find out and i don't want to go over there with my son and everything we'll need to find out its closed.

Dadie
30-Aug-10, 13:36
I think they will be open.
But it might be a good idea to check when public swimming is available as the schools are back at the swimming lessons...
And you cannot get in then...even have to wait until the last slowcoach is changed before you can get in to change

Vistravi
30-Aug-10, 21:34
I think they will be open.
But it might be a good idea to check when public swimming is available as the schools are back at the swimming lessons...
And you cannot get in then...even have to wait until the last slowcoach is changed before you can get in to change

Eventually got a signal on the mobile and found out it was open. Went down there for the baby class to find out i had to enroll Sami first and i could do it on the 25th. I really should have found that out before :roll: my brain may start to work properly soon lol. So baby class put on hold for a couple of weeks but have arranged to go on thursday with his godmother. A rare thing as she's a very busy woman! But she's desperate to see him in the water. He loves it, so relaxed with the feet going constantly trying to splash :lol: It must be like a huge bath to him lol.

Now armed with a timetable we shall be making a trip every week ;)

Dadie
30-Aug-10, 21:59
I bought Iona and Euan the baby swimsuit/wetsuits as they keep wee ones warmer in the pool and you can have more of a splash about without them getting cold.
Iona turns blue in a normal swimsuit but doesnt want to get out so its worth it in my opinion....the sizing on the ones we got are pretty generous and will last for ages plus Iona ended up getting a turquoise one so it will do for Euan later on!

Fstevens
31-Aug-10, 10:01
Could anyone tell me is there is a Public Swimming Pool anywhere in Caithness that is for the public and not just when the scools dont want it. Thank you

patrick_boo
04-Sep-10, 12:14
Hi, you could come over and try the pool in Bettyhill, the during term time the hours are more afternoons and evenings but there are some other times for public swimming and if there is a certain time you want to swim outwith those times it is worth ringing as there is often a lifeguard on duty and you can sometimes get in.

Fstevens
05-Sep-10, 12:04
Thank you Patrick Boo, I will be pleased to go there,
Thank you for your time Fay:)