PDA

View Full Version : Damage to Cars

larcc
29-Aug-10, 20:51
My parents car and two other neighbours cars have been badly damaged in Thurso. This is not the first time it has been done in this street think it is actually the third, and it makes my blood boil.

How dare people just randomly go about damaging peoples property!!! Just curious what could be done to catch these culprits....

Mabe Karma will get them back assuming it is a younger generation and when they have their nice cars when they are of age and they get their car keyed, see if it gives them flash backs.

Out of curiosity can you set up a web camera to record and would that stand as evidence...

Looks like CCTV is needed more so in residential areas now too!!!!

*Martin*
29-Aug-10, 21:33
CCTV would be of no use I'm afraid. My old man lives a couple of hundred yards from a CCTV camera and some turd bags ran round his garden kicking turd out off his plants then scratched the whole roof and bonnet off his car. They caused £1200 worth of damage and the police said there was nothing on the CCTV!

Worst thing is, if you caught them in the act and belted them you're the bad guy!

With regards to CCTV, I think you're allowed to as long as you're not infringing on your neighbours privacy and you are only using it to monitor your property!

Bazeye
30-Aug-10, 02:26
My parents car and two other neighbours cars have been badly damaged in Thurso. This is not the first time it has been done in this street think it is actually the third, and it makes my blood boil.

How dare people just randomly go about damaging peoples property!!! Just curious what could be done to catch these culprits....

Mabe Karma will get them back assuming it is a younger generation and when they have their nice cars when they are of age and they get their car keyed, see if it gives them flash backs.

Out of curiosity can you set up a web camera to record and would that stand as evidence...

A CCTV may not be evidence in court but at least you know who the miscreants are...... over to you Riggerboy, what d'ya reckon....

EDDIE
30-Aug-10, 07:21
In aberdeen there putting up potable CCTV camera on lamposts its not something you notice all the lampost have plug sockets half way up so they could be moved around its a good idea it probably wouldnt cost so much

EDDIE
30-Aug-10, 07:27

These kids probabably see it as a joke but your right when they get there first car and it gets keyed down the side thats when the penny will drop and they will relise its out of order.
If you could set up a webcamera why not i dont no how it will stand with evidence but you could put it up on you tube and link it to the local community im sure someone will know them look at what happened last week with that cat on the news that got thrown in the bin the wifey didnt see that one comming

ele21
30-Aug-10, 09:23
Its happend to us a few times in our street police knew who did it but the repairs had to come out of our own pockets its a dam disgrace all the kids get is a warning not to do it but does that stop them no their is no disclipine anymore and kids can do whatever they want GRRR[evil]

NLP
30-Aug-10, 09:46
6 cars in our street were done in one night, 4 nights later they came back keyed some more cars, no-one was ever found.

sweetpea
30-Aug-10, 11:29
I'd be willing to put money on it that it's the same 1 or perhaps 2 individuals who are doing all the cars in Wick and Thurso.

ele21
30-Aug-10, 11:51
Evil brats they need a good boot up the BEHIND THATS PUTTING IT POLITE they have no respect for anyones property our car got keyed in daylight 5 miutes after parking up they put a cross all the way down our bonnet and whos insurance had to pay out yes our own[evil]