PDA

View Full Version : Beware of falling lampposts

Sara Jevo
29-Aug-10, 17:36
Unusual accident in Thurso today. A car was driving past the police station when a lamp post fell on it.
The car was a bit of a mess and the old folks inside seemed a bit shocked but no-one hurt apparently. It seems the post was rotten with rust and the wind snapped it about a quarter way up.
Lucky it wasn't a pedestrian or motorcyclist passing at the time. Wonder if the council will check other lamp posts now.

billmoseley
29-Aug-10, 17:42
wow how unlucky can you get and thank god no one was hurt

Logical
29-Aug-10, 18:12
Lets hope they get the compensation they deserve.
Good to hear nobody was hurt.

unicorn
29-Aug-10, 19:15
They have been checking them as there is one in the next street to me that was cut down about a month ago.

Phoebus_Apollo
29-Aug-10, 20:32
This is on trunk road thus managed by the appalling Transerve....:(

gleeber
29-Aug-10, 22:10
My self and my mate were walking around Victoria walk on Friday morning and the newly erected lamposts were looking sturdy enough but the first one had it's lid opened so we set about to close it. We came to the next one and it was open too. It seemed insulated enough inside but when the next one was open too and when we looked around the rest of the lamposts further on the rest of the lids could be clearly seen hanging open we thought about phoning the council because although we closed the lids the lock didnt seem saticfactory.
My mobile phone was ringing the council offices when we suddenly saw someone working on the junction box at the bottom of the Lambeth walk.
We apoligised for closing all the lids and made a hasty retreat.