PDA

View Full Version : Macdonalds Bakery Meat pies

hotrod4
12-Jul-06, 17:11
Maybe its just our families taste buds, but has any1 else noticed that they have changed the flavour?
I dont know if they are using different cleaning fluid but there has been a "tangy" bleach type taste from the meat.
At first i thought it was just me but then all the family said the same.
I dont think its a one-off as we tried them again today and its still the same.
This started about 3 weeks ago and we have tried 3 times and always the same!.

Maybe its unrelated but we bought a mince pie from Harolds and it had the same flavour, possibly macdonalds get their meat from them?

Interested to see if any1 else has noticed this, I hope so because its driving our family nuts as it makes us think that we are losing our marbles!!!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

connieb19
12-Jul-06, 17:29
Funny its off Macdonalds pies and Harrolds... You sure it's not off your plates?:confused

ice box
12-Jul-06, 17:37
You could alway go in to the shop and ask where they get there meat from and if it's not harrolds then it must be you .

Smithy
12-Jul-06, 18:36
Our family would agree had pies and sausage rolls from macdonalds tasted different also steak pie from harrolds same thing. As you say they weren't off but had a funny taste / aftertaste.

Billy Boy
12-Jul-06, 18:53
why dont you take your pie's back to the bakery if they taste funny

wild1
12-Jul-06, 21:03
My m8 goes to macdonalds most days and she has noticed a strange taste of the pies she thinks that they must have changed something as she had the same pis on two different days

webmannie
13-Jul-06, 22:35
Just had Harolds sausages tonight and we both couldn't eat them due to a strange horrible smell and taste. Certainly something up, the coo must have been a 'minger', LOL

unicorn
13-Jul-06, 23:02
maybe it's better to discuss with the establishments in question it may be something simple but if they are not made aware of it they will not be able to remedy it.

Kirok
14-Jul-06, 17:39
Funny that its Macdonalds pies and Harrolds meat because I know for sure that the Harrolds do not supply Macdonalds with meat, its the other local Butcher the one in MacArthur street.

mccaugm
14-Jul-06, 17:48
I am vegetarian so know nout about the taste of meat pies. However I heard on the news that they are now hanging beef for 6 days instead of 2 weeks - not sure if this is relevant or not....

mccaugm
14-Jul-06, 17:54
I am vegetarian so know nout about the taste of meat pies. However I heard on the news that they are now hanging beef for 6 days instead of 2 weeks - not sure if this is relevant or not....

pultneytooner
14-Jul-06, 17:58
why dont you take your pie's back to the bakery if they taste funny
Reminds me of the joke about the two cannibals eating a clown and one asking the other, "does this clown taste funny to you"?

BazookaJoe
14-Jul-06, 18:17
After asking around in the local Butchers and Bakers, I am led to believe it stems from our local Slaughterhouse (owned by Mr Jockie Sutherland; once again)

I won't go into details but I would say he has a lot to answer for as this is the livelihood of local Butchers and those they supply.

I have tasted Harrolds sausages today and as usual they were excellent.

P.S: Would you trust Jockie

P.P.S: Stand up and be counted Jockie

tisme
14-Jul-06, 19:02
Just had Harolds sausages tonight and we both couldn't eat them due to a strange horrible smell and taste. Certainly something up, the coo must have been a 'minger', LOL
LMAO...........made my night that has [lol] [lol]

jambo
14-Jul-06, 19:25
I have also tried Harrold's sausages and burgers, and they were as tasty as usual. We all need to support our local butchers!!

I also heard that the problem was with the slaughterhouse. Which supplies both Wick and Thurso butchers.

lhm
14-Jul-06, 22:50
I go to the butcher in lybster weekly he allways has excellent quality beef but then he takes his beef from munro's of dingwall who run an excellent slaughterhouse.

Naefearjustbeer
15-Jul-06, 09:12
We always use Bews in thurso. Never had a poor quality bit of meat from them yet. However we only normally go once a month and spend a small fortune and fill up the freezer. So if it has been a short term poor supplyer problem we might of missed it.

J7
19-Jul-06, 13:06
Had a bad experience with Diabolical service in MacDonalds therefore wouldn't go back!

carson
21-Jul-06, 12:04
Can I just reassure all the people concerned about the ingredients in McDonalds meat pies?...Don't despair...Stop buying these overpriced, bad quality, unhealthy goods and wait for Tesco to supply us with value for money and quality produce.These local businesses have been fobbing us off with rubbish for far too long...Bring it on Tesco!

Henrik7
21-Jul-06, 14:46
So when you going to reassure us? So what will be healthy about tesco pies? Think it's unfair to brand them bad quality. There is a slight difference in taste in the pies but wouldn't go as far as slating them. If you think they are unhealthy don't bloody eat them!!!!!

carson
25-Jul-06, 12:21
Can't you read?
Okay let me explain...as you've obviously missed my point....People can be reassured in the knowledge that Tescos is coming so as they don't have to worry about basics like whether there is cleaning fluid in their pies. Did I say in particular that Tescos pies were more healthy? NO, so open your eyes and read properly before you comment.. AND did I say that I ate McDonald's pies?...again NO. Vision express are good opticians by the way...or maybe it's back to school for you for some interpretation skills training

carson
25-Jul-06, 12:32
Can't you read?
Ok let me explain...as you've obviously missed my point!
The reassurance is that Tescos is coming so as people don't have to worry about basics like whether there are noxious chemicals in their meat pies or not.
Did I say that Tescos pies were more healthy?...No...Did I say that I ate McDonald's meat pies?..again No. Open your eyes and read the script properly before you comment...Or go back to school and get some interpretation skills training...remember that?

Naefearjustbeer
25-Jul-06, 14:41
Considering the thread is about meat pies I think you should get off of your high horse and think a bit before you make such rude obnoxious posts in future.

Kaishowing
25-Jul-06, 17:28
Had a couple of meat pies from Harrolds last night, and as usual they were delicious.
Used Harrold's for nearly 20 years, and have never had reason to doubt the quality of anything from them.

Ricco
25-Jul-06, 18:09
Can't you read?
Ok let me explain...as you've obviously missed my point!
The reassurance is that Tescos is coming so as people don't have to worry about basics like whether there are noxious chemicals in their meat pies or not.
Did I say that Tescos pies were more healthy?...No...Did I say that I ate McDonald's meat pies?..again No. Open your eyes and read the script properly before you comment...Or go back to school and get some interpretation skills training...remember that?

My. my. Bit tetchy for a social forum. Also, there's no need to send it twice - I think we all got the picture first time round. :Razz

Moira
25-Jul-06, 23:57
My. my. Bit tetchy for a social forum. Also, there's no need to send it twice - I think we all got the picture first time round. :Razz

Ricco - spot the difference in Carson's posts - he/she obviously had a change of heart - or a change of pie-supplier ;)

carson
26-Jul-06, 12:25
So when you going to reassure us? So what will be healthy about tesco pies? Think it's unfair to brand them bad quality. There is a slight difference in taste in the pies but wouldn't go as far as slating them. If you think they are unhealthy don't bloody eat them!!!!!

The reason for my "tetchy" response was this rather confrontational post from Henrik7...so I apologise if it has ruffled some of you sensitive creatures out there but in my view you reap what you sow...and if it's worth saying...it's worth saying twice...with amendments..if you care to look!!!
Thanks Moira...you obviously can read!!!