PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Rat at Tescos Wick

dozy
29-Aug-10, 15:00
Just to say that the Dirty Rat how ran into my (dark grey Honda Accord)car at Tesco car park today lunchtime,leaving a 6 inch bent in the drivers door. Better get in touch pretty quick ,as i have got your reg number and 2 witnesses and will be going to the Police today around 7.00 o'clock to report it ...and YES they are an ORG user

shazzap
29-Aug-10, 15:18
Just to say that the Dirty Rat how ran into my (dark grey Honda Accord)car at Tesco car park today lunchtime,leaving a 6 inch bent in the drivers door. Better get in touch pretty quick ,as i have got your reg number and 2 witnesses and will be going to the Police today around 7.00 o'clock to report it ...and YES they are an ORG user

This happened to me in the co-op car park.
I had the reg number and a witness, went to police still waiting for them to act. Oh and this was last year.

gollach
29-Aug-10, 15:31
I have had 3 incidents of damage to my car while it has been parked. The police always promise lots of action but this is just to get you out of the station. They will phone as soon as you get home to say they have changed their mind, e.g. no longer coming round to check car for prints or don't need to inspect the damage. A follow-up call 2 weeks later will inform you that there is nothing else they can do.

Report it to keep your insurers happy but don't go to the police with high expectations, you'll just end up as disappointed as the rest of us. :(

upolian
29-Aug-10, 15:44

That is mad!! i hope you get it resolved soon as,shame on them not owning up!

wickblast
29-Aug-10, 16:07
why dont u name&shame:confused

changilass
29-Aug-10, 16:12
What happens if they name and shame only to find they got it wrong?

morvenview
29-Aug-10, 16:15
To right give the person till 7pm or it police and named and shamed on org!!
A mate took bairns off on holiday and parked car and came back and big dent in it.
Some people have no shame. I bet it be different if you hit his/her car an took off!![evil]

dozy
29-Aug-10, 16:18
Thanks for the Heads-up on the Police. I've already got the owners insurance details. Its an offence not to give or exchange details if you have been in an accident (your fault or not ) if property or persons have been damaged or hurt. Insurance companies hate policy holders that break the rules (lie ,cheat or deceive). So one phone call will be enough to ruin their chances of getting insurance next time ( big black mark against your name )and the insurance will wonder why they didn't report it. If i cant get the police to do whats right the Insurance company will do them more damage in the long run ..I will just have to claim thieir insurance and forward the claim and witness statements to them ..Its a shame that folk dont have the guts to own up. This driver would have done the same if they had run-over a child,its a HIT-AND-RUN just a different degree of accident but its the same degree of character...Its a SICK SOCITY and a COWARDLY Driver .They knew they hit my car because its the rear passenger that was getting out of their car as it was reversing in the parking space and its the open rear door that hit mine.They all got out looked at the damage,jumped back in and headed off FAST ..It was a very light colour newish car ,(should i say more ) and lives within 5 miles of Wick and had more bodies in the car and less seat belts than the law allows.... All i can now say its your last chance to come clean ..

trix
29-Aug-10, 16:21
do ye think they hit it wi' a shoppin trolly, or their own car??

it wisna me anyway, i hevna bin oot ma beidroom 'e whole day. bin shoppin fie 'e safety o' ma own beid.

trix
29-Aug-10, 16:26
ok, at answers ma question. at shoppin trollys are prity dangerous too!!

ats wild that they hed a look then took off. defo a job for polis if ye ask me.

Logical
29-Aug-10, 18:15
Who do you think it was???
I PROMISE it wasnt me.
Real shame what happened, hope who ever did it gets what they deserve!

Kevin Milkins
29-Aug-10, 19:32
Sorry to hear that you have had to suffer such inconsiderate behaviour, dozy.
I was sat in my car at Tesco, waiting for Mrs M, A bloke was reversing a big 4X4 into a space next to me and he reversed into the front of a brand new car. He inched forward and got out to have a look then sauntered off into the supermarket.:confused
The owner of the car came back and I told him what I had saw, he shrugged his shoulders and said,"nay bother", and drove off.:eek:

_Ju_
29-Aug-10, 19:48
While I sympathise with you, dozy, much worse than the ocassional damage a badly driven car will do are the trolleys left about loose and at the mercy of the wind and gravity. Even the worst driven car surely cannot hit more than one car. On a good caithnessian day who knows what damage a trolley can do. And at Tesco you are never more than 50m from a trolley point!

lesley_mac
29-Aug-10, 19:58
hi its a shame u never read the small print if u enter the car park its at ur own risk lol

upolian
29-Aug-10, 20:03
New light coloured car within 5miles of wick [lol]

i'll leave you to name and shame.

Amy-Winehouse
29-Aug-10, 21:35
Was it a Police car ? :eek::Razz

Alice in Blunderland
29-Aug-10, 22:25
It wasnt me !!!!!

I have a light newish car and live within the 5 mile zone of Wick.

I also am an org member but honest It wasnt me or my kids.

We all have an alibi .......... lying around the house like lazy slobs this afternoon except for hubby who was working.:D

sandyr1
29-Aug-10, 22:27

Dozy,
Am I missing something here?
If you know who it is and have proof, and their insurance, why wouldn't you just either go bang on his/her door or call the law.
Seems a bit of an exercise in futility to do all this posting for such a simple thing.......

dozy
29-Aug-10, 22:29
hi its a shame u never read the small print if u enter the car park its at ur own risk lol

Pity you dont have the brain to suit the mouth. The disclaimer you refer to is that Tesco's will not be held responsible if your car is damaged by a customer on their property .The owner of the vehicle is wholly responsible if his/her vehicle damages a stationery vehicle or his passengers damage another vehicle whilst exiting or entering his vehicle (moving or stationery).
So the driver would/could be charged and the passenger would/could be charged .The driver would also come under the fleeing the scene of an accident with intent ...(this one insurance companies hate and would get you a policy forfeture)
If you damage someones car and you do a runner then get caught ,if the owner of the vehicle wants to push it and has the knowledge you could well lose your licence and find it impossible to get insurance ..Reminder all your details are on computer ,just push a few buttons and it can cause a lifetime of regret.
Its just a pity that the folk who damaged my car ain't got the guts to own up ..I'm sure their insurance company will be having a word once the claim lands on their desk ..

changilass
29-Aug-10, 22:32
I don't get how you know their insurance details, surely thats private.

Tosh
29-Aug-10, 22:36
A similar thing happened to me at the doctors, while inside a woman reversed denting my bumper, witnesses saw it, gave police details, had to chase it up later with them, told me she didnt know she had hit me so nothing can be done. So if anyone is unlucky enough to dent someones car just tell the police you didnt know you did it, get off clean. Sounds to me that its too much like hard work to do the paperwork.

trix
29-Aug-10, 22:37
'iss whole thried is a bit 'cloak an dagger' :eek:

telfordstar
29-Aug-10, 22:41
'iss whole thried is a bit 'cloak an dagger' :eek:
Funny im finding this with alot of threads on here just now!:eek:

changilass
29-Aug-10, 23:04
I got a cloak but no one trusts me with a dagger.

I'm sure I don't know why:lol:

trix
29-Aug-10, 23:10
I got a cloak but no one trusts me with a dagger.

I'm sure I don't know why:lol:

maybe cos yer female, wi hormones. throw in a dagger? - could be very dangerous....

Serenity
29-Aug-10, 23:11
Pity you dont have the brain to suit the mouth. The disclaimer you refer to is that Tesco's will not be held responsible if your car is damaged by a customer on their property .The owner of the vehicle is wholly responsible if his/her vehicle damages a stationery vehicle or his passengers damage another vehicle whilst exiting or entering his vehicle (moving or stationery).
So the driver would/could be charged and the passenger would/could be charged .The driver would also come under the fleeing the scene of an accident with intent ...(this one insurance companies hate and would get you a policy forfeture)
If you damage someones car and you do a runner then get caught ,if the owner of the vehicle wants to push it and has the knowledge you could well lose your licence and find it impossible to get insurance ..Reminder all your details are on computer ,just push a few buttons and it can cause a lifetime of regret.
Its just a pity that the folk who damaged my car ain't got the guts to own up ..I'm sure their insurance company will be having a word once the claim lands on their desk ..

I thought that reply was more in response to the mention of trollies than your situation, I could be wrong. Either way I've been waiting on tenterhooks for you to name and shame. Lol, j/k, hope the police do their job.

Anfield
29-Aug-10, 23:19
I have had 3 incidents of damage to my car while it has been parked. The police always promise lots of action but this is just to get you out of the station. They will phone as soon as you get home to say they have changed their mind, e.g. no longer coming round to check car for prints or don't need to inspect the damage. A follow-up call 2 weeks later will inform you that there is nothing else they can do.

Report it to keep your insurers happy but don't go to the police with high expectations, you'll just end up as disappointed as the rest of us. :(

Police coming out "..to check car for prints.." following a RTA
What decade of the early 1900's did these incidents occur?

gollach
29-Aug-10, 23:29
Police coming out "..to check car for prints.." following a RTA
What decade of the early 1900's did these incidents occur?

That was 11 months ago. Someone tried (and failed) to make off with my car stereo while it was parked in Thurso, so not actually a RTA that one. PC who took my statement was very keen to get car dusted for prints and would come to my house to do it within the hour, something about high chance of prints being detected due to "locus of crime being inside the vehicle". But then he called to say he would not be coming.

Blarney
29-Aug-10, 23:29
I'm sick of having my car dented in Tesco car park. I now park over a white line to make sure I'm far enough away so that an inconsiderately opened door doesn't take lumps out of the side of my car.

mrlennie
29-Aug-10, 23:30
best thing buy a banger

Joboco
29-Aug-10, 23:36
Correct me if I'm wrong. If the accident happened of private land it is a civil matter. The best you can expect from the Police is the name and address of the registered owner of the other vehicle.

trix
29-Aug-10, 23:44
maybe 'e polis could go til 'e door o' 'e suspect, an' do some detective work on their car. see if there are any suspicious markin's which wid indicate that a crime may hev taken place....

or ye could choost go an punch their heids in - if it wis a male obviously. if it wis a woman, then time til call in a favour fie yer sister, female friend etc...

i am o' course jokin....but as i said in a recent thried, there is more than one way til skin a cat ;)

Rheghead
29-Aug-10, 23:59
Correct me if I'm wrong. If the accident happened of private land it is a civil matter. The best you can expect from the Police is the name and address of the registered owner of the other vehicle.

Yes I will correct you :)
Tesco's carpark is classified as a road in relation to road traffic law so it is still a road traffic accident.

_Ju_
30-Aug-10, 06:26

If you are refering to my post, I would reply by saying it is a shame you never read the perfectly normal size print in my post, where I never said I blamed Tesco for damage caused by trollies, but other inconsiderate cars owners. Just because they leave the premises after abandoning their trolley, does not mean that next time they park their someone elses abandoned trolley will not bash into them. It is a very small thing to park your trolley properly after using it. It shows consideration for others. And, personally, I don't think it is something to laugh at. But then I am not 20 anymore and had to work hard for everything I call mine.

Dadie
30-Aug-10, 15:00
Im one of those inconsiderate drivers who take up 2 bays if I cannot get a child bay at any shopping area.
I found it impossible to open my car doors on numerous occassions with cars parked hard in beside my car and now deliberately park badly over the white line so that I can have space either side of the car to get the kids in their carseats.
Im blonde so people must think I cannot park the car:lol:
But the council gritter who dented our car at christmas time outside our house and didnt own up got away with it because the council decided it was the wrong yellow...think not!

annemarie482
30-Aug-10, 15:31
New light coloured car within 5miles of wick [lol]

i'll leave you to name and shame.

did you ever find out if it was the car that hit my dog?

ele21
30-Aug-10, 16:50
It does not matter the person that did the damage should come forward i think its a disgrace how they could drive away i dont blame you for being mad if you got the proof nail them dirty rats[evil]

Kodiak
30-Aug-10, 20:11
OK the time now is 20.10hrs and that is over 1 hour past your deadline.

So have you done anything? Like phoned the police? Or has this whole exercise been for for nothing?

upolian
31-Aug-10, 08:52
did you ever find out if it was the car that hit my dog?

It wasn't it,the car i had to repair was scuffed due to banging into a wall,sorry :(

annemarie482
31-Aug-10, 10:03
It wasn't it,the car i had to repair was scuffed due to banging into a wall,sorry :(

no probs, was only a stab in the dark really!