PDA

View Full Version : About the song thread

Gleber2
12-Jul-06, 16:11
How long can this game go on when song titles are being repeated. I posted Roll Over Beathoven some time ago and it has resurfaced today. I wonder how many others have been entered more than once?

RockChick84
12-Jul-06, 16:18
A new thread should be started on a different topic. Like films or something - you have to name a film instead of a song. Or is that a crap idea?

mccaugm
12-Jul-06, 16:20
Great Idea..I will start one...if thats OK *The Film Thread*

RockChick84
12-Jul-06, 16:21
Yeah you can start it no probs!:)

Sporran
12-Jul-06, 17:33
Great Idea..I will start one...if thats OK *The Film Thread*

Yep, I agree that it's a great idea, and have just posted on the new thread! :D

Chobbersjnr
12-Jul-06, 18:40
it might be an idea to only use the main words rather than "if, the, and, of" etc etc

It's to easy to think of titles containg the small words

Billy Boy
12-Jul-06, 18:42
it might be an idea to only use the main words rather than "if, the, and, of" etc etc

It's to easy to think of titles containg the small words

you got a point there lol, and it would make it a bit more interesting :confused

connieb19
12-Jul-06, 18:53

It's to easy to think of titles containg the small wordsGood idea, that would be far better..:D

brokencross
13-Jul-06, 16:57
I also notice besides repetition, the other problem is that some song posts are not even remotely linked. Methinks people are reading the song title whilst not logged in, think of a "correct" link....signing in....post their song, only to find there have been a couple of other posts in the meantime leaving them looking a wee bit silly.

tisme
13-Jul-06, 20:03
Does it really matter! Obviously you are going to get repetitions, although it does annoy me if the same thing is posted only on the last page. It's a bit of fun and no one can be offended by repetition and slight confusion when 2 posts are made at the same time surely.................or is it just me? :roll:

brokencross
13-Jul-06, 20:09
tisme ...you are right it is good fun, keeps my brain cell working. I just find it frustrating when I have a really good, novel song to post and someone posts another song and the link word has disappeared.

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 20:10
Does it really matter! Obviously you are going to get repetitions, although it does annoy me if the same thing is posted only on the last page. It's a bit of fun and no one can be offended by repetition and slight confusion when 2 posts are made at the same time surely.................or is it just me? :roll: Here, here tisme, the thread is only a bit of fun, as it happens it turned out to be popular which can only be a good thing, keeps peoples interest.
Long may it continue, heres to breaking the 2,000 barrier, thanks to all the folk who have made this thread so popular.:D
If anybody has any problem with the thread then don't post on it, simple.
It will die out of it's own accord.

obiron
13-Jul-06, 20:13
i like the song thread its fun trying to think one up. even when your a bit too late. its great cos theres loads i havent heard for ages and now and again one i havent heard of at all. long may it continue.

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 20:26
i like the song thread its fun trying to think one up. even when your a bit too late. its great cos theres loads i havent heard for ages and now and again one i havent heard of at all. long may it continue. Thanks oberon, what's happened is that people are seeing songs they remember when they were younger, whatever, listen to them again makes them happy, gotta be worth something eh?

tisme
13-Jul-06, 20:29
yeah - go pultneytooner. If it wasn't for that thread I wouldn't have got my avatar so quickly.:Razz

obiron
13-Jul-06, 20:32
its great i've hunted out loads of songs that i've not listened to in ages.
probably also put loads of folks posts up. mine included.

pultneytooner
13-Jul-06, 20:56
its great i've hunted out loads of songs that i've not listened to in ages.
probably also put loads of folks posts up. mine included.
That's great obiron, thnx.

2little2late
13-Jul-06, 21:32
I think the song thread has been great. It really makes you use the grey matter.
It's surprising how many songs you can remember. Let's hope it goes on for a wee while yet. There may be a lot of songs repeated but we can't check the thread everytime we want to post a new song.

golach
13-Jul-06, 21:35
pultneytooner as long as Niall does not object, I see no harm in the song thread, its fun and harmless fun at that

Gleber2
13-Jul-06, 22:07
I have enjoyed this thread as much as anybody and have posted quite a few times. My starting this thread was in no way critical but a probe to see if it could be made more challenging and more fun. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers Mr. Pultenytooner. Let it run forever.:lol:

pultneytooner
14-Jul-06, 00:15
pultneytooner as long as Niall does not object, I see no harm in the song thread, its fun and harmless fun at that
Thank you golach, you've been here a lot longer than I and your opinion means a lot to me, thanks again.

pultneytooner
14-Jul-06, 00:19
I have enjoyed this thread as much as anybody and have posted quite a few times. My starting this thread was in no way critical but a probe to see if it could be made more challenging and more fun. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers Mr. Pultenytooner. Let it run forever.:lol: LOL, My feathers remain unruffled......;)

Niall Fernie
14-Jul-06, 07:59
as long as Niall does not object
I don't, however its a bit disconcerting to see two threads talking about the song game. Did someone mention grey matter?

Gleber2
14-Jul-06, 11:57
I don't, however its a bit disconcerting to see two threads talking about the song game. Did someone mention grey matter?

Grey matter?? What is Godmin insinuating now???:lol: