PDA

View Full Version : You know your getting old....

cuddlepop
12-Jul-06, 14:48
We're going to a friends wedding in a few weeks so Mr CP decided to try on his kilt.Doesnt fit comfortably so took it to Inverness yesterday.Well the man in the shop was very diplomatic, he explained that the kilt had been taken out as much as possible and recommended a new one.
:perhapse sir should buy a lighter weight one,that way you get good value for money.This one was probably bought in your twentys...:To say he cameaway feeling old is an understatment.
Me i know iwont last the whole twelve hours of the wedding and its on Rassay,which will make it an exceptional one.
When did you feel past it.[lol]

Kingetter
12-Jul-06, 14:53
"When did you feel past it"

When? loads of times but most recently when I was climbing all the stairs on the Uig ferry each time I wanted to go for a bit of (nicotine) air.

airdlass
12-Jul-06, 14:54
When my 16 year old son very diplomatically suggested that I didn't go to a dance last weekend as he was going and he didn't think it was "my" sort of night anyway:lol:

robby50x
12-Jul-06, 15:19
when young kids come up to you and ask you whats eh right time mannie just what i used to say to my elders when i was a young one

Billy Boy
12-Jul-06, 16:08
Getting old when

You know you're getting older when...

Everything that works hurts, and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.

You feel like the morning after, and you haven't been anywhere.

Your little black book only contains names ending in M.D.

Your children are beginning to look middle-aged.

Your mind makes contracts your body can't keep.

You look forward to a dull evening.

Your knees buckle and your belt won't.

Your back goes out more than you do.

You sink your teeth into a steak, and they stay there.

You know all the answers, but nobody asks the questions.

2little2late
12-Jul-06, 16:30
when you hear a cover version on the radio by one these crappy talentless groups and your bairns think it is brill, but you know the original, better version from 30 years ago.

tisme
12-Jul-06, 16:52
I remember a few years ago one of my daughter's mates was round at the house, so they both would have been about 11, and we were sitting listening to albums at the time. The friend sat for a wee while not saying much then said, 'what's the big black thing called?'....................WOW how old does that make you feel.[lol]

htwood
12-Jul-06, 17:33
when you hear a cover version on the radio by one these crappy talentless groups and your bairns think it is brill, but you know the original, better version from 30 years ago.

Exactly.....And when yer young ones come in while you're listening to the Beatles, and they say....hey, yer old stuff isnt half bad! ouch.

taylor.4
12-Jul-06, 17:42
when young kids come up to you and ask you whats eh right time mannie just what i used to say to my elders when i was a young oneAnd when your young next door neighbours boyfriend refers to you as the wifie and mannie next door!!:roll:

cuddlepop
12-Jul-06, 20:36
yes i've experienced all those situations too.Why cant we have the stamina of a teenager and life experience .[lol]

_Ju_
14-Jul-06, 14:21
...when children you knew 10 years ago are tall enough to have to look up to them and are pushing prams of their own.....

Billy Boy
14-Jul-06, 14:25
you know your getting old when you start sounding like your parents did when you were young:lol: :lol:

squidge
14-Jul-06, 14:43
When it gets to midnight and im ready for my bed.

When an afternoon nap sounds very inviting

When i take the car to a night out because i cant stand the hangovers so i just dont drink ( Pivo tonight 9 pm!!!!)

When i think having people found for dinner sounds much more fun than a night on the town

When i can spend all night discussing politics, social policy, the situation in the middle east and lipsticks, high heels and pop music doesnt get mentioned once

When I can open the page of the guinnes book of hit singles and name loads of the singles on each page

sassylass
14-Jul-06, 15:22
Gawd squidge, you see midnight? I'm impressed! [lol]

j4bberw0ck
14-Jul-06, 16:32
When i can spend all night discussing politics, social policy, the situation in the middle east

........ add economics to that list, and isn't that just the worst thing of all? :lol:

<sigh> [lol]

George Brims
14-Jul-06, 17:25
When your younger cousin, who was in nappies when you were a teenager, becomes a GRANNY!

Billy Boy
14-Jul-06, 19:36
Old is when....
Your sweetie says, "Let's go upstairs and make love", and you answer, "Honey, I can't do both".
Old is when....
Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.
Old is when....
A sexy body on TV catches your attention and your pacemaker opens the garage door.
Old is when....
Going bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of your face. [lol]
Old is when....
You don't care where your spouse goes just as long as you don't have to go.
Old is when....
You are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of the police.
Old is when....
"Getting a little action" means I don't need to take any fiber today.
Old is when....
"Getting lucky" means finding your car in the parking lot.
Old is when....
An "all nighter" means not getting up to go pee.

will2665
14-Jul-06, 20:16
You know youre getting old

When you would rather sit on the org than go down the pub

souperman
14-Jul-06, 20:23
When you cant bend down to pick something up without making some strange straining noise.

phoenix
14-Jul-06, 20:30
I was in the garden one day when a wee girl came up and said " My Dad says that an old lady lives here :confused.....but your not old youve just got silver bits and rainbows in your hair" the innocence of a child, didnt know whether to laugh or cry! :Razz

Loafer
19-Aug-06, 12:41
Think I realise I am getting old when instead of saying that you went to school with the Gala Queen/she was a year or two younger than me, it is now "I work with her dad" or "I ken her mither well".

The Loafer