PDA

View Full Version : Are you politically correct?

crayola
29-Aug-10, 00:41
Are you politically correct?

mrlennie
29-Aug-10, 00:56
Is there a most of the time? :)

ss.sv650
29-Aug-10, 02:19
never well almost never !!

joxville
29-Aug-10, 02:28
Only when I have to be.

Metalattakk
29-Aug-10, 04:01

I've never voted for the guy that lost, so, yes. I am.

squidge
29-Aug-10, 08:12
See, the term political correctness has come to be a bit of a put down. If you mean do I always try to say the right thing regardless of my own opinions then the answer is no. If you mean do I try to avoid terms that are derogatory and believe that everyone deserves to be fairly treated regardless of who they are then the answer is yes lol

Phill
29-Aug-10, 11:27
Absolutely. There is nothing wrong with political correctness, I think we all need to consider what and how we say and do things.

Since when did interfering wifey's think it's there position to start asking questions like this? What next? Female Prime Minister's, Black Presidents, Gays marching in the streets.......we used to have standards you know....bliddy PC madness.......

Logical
29-Aug-10, 18:17
Since when did interfering wifey's think it's there position to start asking questions like this? What next? Female Prime Minister's, Black Presidents, Gays marching in the streets.......we used to have standards you know....bliddy PC madness.......

:lol: OK, if you say so.

oldmarine
29-Aug-10, 23:56

Not very good with politics so don't know.

:lol:[lol]

Walter Ego
30-Aug-10, 07:34
I believe in showing respect to everyone and not offending anyones' sensibilities because of traits that some may describe as 'being' different'.

The world would be a better place if we all learned to agree with each other and not say anything that may cause disagreement.

But anyone who is fat or ginger is fair game.

squidge
30-Aug-10, 11:38

Im sorry Phil (hangs head in shame)I REALLY should know my place.... sink cooker kitchen floor.... now can i make you a nice cup of tea and a couple of my home made biscuits, you can just put your feet up and watch the wrestling on the telly. You know that string vest is VERY fetching... quite makes me come over all faint altho that might be the smell.. its not bath night til later in the week lol

Squidge ties on her pinny and headscarf and goes to make Phil his wee snack

:lol::lol:

Gawd help us all lol

brandy
30-Aug-10, 13:39
now now sqidge wouldnt that be the fitball you put on.. and lets not forget his pint and fag...

annemarie482
30-Aug-10, 16:32
i'm not pc, and i think that tv has gone that pc that it is no longer pc!!
in fact, if you are a medium height, medium build, white, straight man in a respectable job your probably never seen or heard of!! or made out to be a "bad guy" lol

Logical
30-Aug-10, 17:03
Im sorry Phil (hangs head in shame)I REALLY should know my place.... sink cooker kitchen floor.... now can i make you a nice cup of tea and a couple of my home made biscuits, you can just put your feet up and watch the wrestling on the telly. You know that string vest is VERY fetching... quite makes me come over all faint altho that might be the smell.. its not bath night til later in the week lol

Gawd help us all lol

Why can't more people be like this???
Somebody make me a sandwich!

Phill
30-Aug-10, 20:23

Gawd help us all lol

now now sqidge wouldnt that be the fitball you put on.. and lets not forget his pint and fag...

Now this is out of order, plain wrong. Mebbe a complaint to the mod's is in order here, it's a pipe and slippers, please.

String vest! You bin watchin' me? [para]

Kenn
30-Aug-10, 22:44
What I want to know is, what has politics got to do with being correct?

Rictina
30-Aug-10, 23:04
I try, but dont always suceed. ;)

brandy
30-Aug-10, 23:07
now is a string vest the same as a wife beater?

Logical
31-Aug-10, 10:11
now is a string vest the same as a wife beater?

Jumped to that one pretty quick.

That is not politically correct steriotyping people like that. Shame on you ;).

oldmarine
31-Aug-10, 14:57
What I want to know is, what has politics got to do with being correct?

Good question. Good point.

mrlennie
31-Aug-10, 16:55
Good question. Good point.

I just wrote a long paragraph then realised - that I don't actually know lol[lol]

nemosia
01-Sep-10, 13:31
This is almost ten years old so I guess a lot of folk will have seen it before but just in case...

There is an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. In 2001 the term was "Political Correctness."

The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Gets my vote. [lol]

oldmarine
01-Sep-10, 14:36
This is almost ten years old so I guess a lot of folk will have seen it before but just in case...

There is an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. In 2001 the term was "Political Correctness."

The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Gets my vote. [lol]

Which end is the clean end?

crayola
04-Sep-10, 18:02
Should I conclude from the results of this poll that political correctness is a derogatory term amongst orgers?

Corrie 3
04-Sep-10, 18:13
Should I conclude from the results of this poll that political correctness is a derogatory term amongst orgers?
Get back in the kitchen where you belong Woman!!!!
(only joking Cray)...;););)

crayola
04-Sep-10, 18:15
Get back in the kitchen where you belong Woman!!!!
(only joking Cray)...;););)
I have an accountant to do all that messy stuff in the kitchen for me but he's currently asleep on the sofa despite the TV being on at almost full volume. The lazy git!

oldmarine
05-Sep-10, 14:53

Believe what you want and accept what you want, but I believe it is a political term for those inclined so.....