PDA

View Full Version : King Edward V111

sandyr1
29-Aug-10, 00:20
There appears to be whisperings of a 'tell all' documentary on Edward V111........His abdication and his leanings!
It seems that his 'abdication' may have been for reasons other than stated...

Perhaps those who have knowledge of the story/history could enlighten us......personal views accepted.

Shabbychic
29-Aug-10, 01:24
I saw a documentary on this a few months back. It was called Britain's Nazi King, and was very interesting. Here's a link (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/britain-s-nazi-king-4586/Overview#tab-Overview) to it, and some video footage. :)

sandyr1
29-Aug-10, 02:23
Thank you....very interesting. I shall have to watch the documentary....

sandyr1
30-Aug-10, 12:23
Said documentary is on CBC...tonite Aug 30th at 10pm...The Passionate Eye!

scorrie
30-Aug-10, 17:44
This story did the rounds a few years ago:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2074100.stm

sandyr1
30-Aug-10, 19:42
Thank you Scorrie.....
I have been away a long time, and every so often these past few years would hear of said suspicions......
I suppose that we should just be acceptable of such events.......

Mind you I hate being behind in the news....and this is behind! That news release was 8 years ago!.....s

golach
30-Aug-10, 19:44
Mind you I hate being behind in the news....and this is behind! That news release was 8 years ago!.....s

Ach come on Sandy, you were on duty in the Met at his abdication [lol]

sandyr1
31-Aug-10, 02:52
Mr. G.... Thank you, but no .......am nae that auld yet! And believe it or not, I am feeling like a 'young buck'.
My Mother thought the Royalty were the 'be all and end all', and then we find out about this 'Love Story'.
Mind you, as we both know there are some things perhaps better hidden/ if not WE would be in a lot of trouble....Right!!
And the Met was incredible!

sandyr1
31-Aug-10, 13:58
FYI...Saw the Documentary/ what a 'spin' the UK Gov't put on that whole mess. It appears perhaps there is more to come.
Definitely a story that all should know.....