PDA

View Full Version : Duck eggs help

unicorn
12-Jul-06, 12:03
I am looking for duck eggs does anyone have any, I tried the butchers but they said they are gone as fast as they come in. We did hear about a farm selling them near Wick but they had none when I went past so I just wondered if any orgers have ducks and would be willing to supply me with a dozen a week?? It's getting funny now cos the more I can't get them the more I want them, hubby thinks it's hilarious......

las123
12-Jul-06, 12:13
i know bews butchers in thurso has them

unicorn
12-Jul-06, 12:28
I went there on Saturday and they said they come in on a Friday but they sell out almost immediately, I thought they had some but they are some type of hens egg that are blue and white.

las123
12-Jul-06, 12:32
oh sorry, if i see any i will let you know. they are lovely!!!!

unicorn
12-Jul-06, 12:40
I know and I WANT some, it's driving me crazy lol...

Billy Boy
12-Jul-06, 13:08
http://jonathanyee.com/kahaluu/egg_web.jpg

connieb19
12-Jul-06, 13:33
I saw a sign for duck eggs for sale at a house in Bower, the house has a funny name Parmerero or something, you cannot miss it..:)

unicorn
12-Jul-06, 14:07
yeah I passed by 2 nights ago but sign was down I was so sad :( there is nothing worse thsn wanting something and not being able to get it!!!!!

Blazing Sporrans
12-Jul-06, 14:59
I saw a sign for duck eggs for sale at a house in Bower, the house has a funny name Parmerero or something, you cannot miss it..:)

Paremoremo, I think...

unicorn
12-Jul-06, 15:08
yeah they have a handpainted sign but sign for eggs was gone :(

emszxr
12-Jul-06, 17:25
i have duck eggs, but probably too far from you. they are yummy though

unicorn
12-Jul-06, 20:23
I managed to get a dozen yippee but if anyone has a regular supply let me know, off to eat some mmmmm

Ricco
12-Jul-06, 20:28
I can usually get as many duck eggs as I want - but I live near Reading. Try Tescos.

LRM
12-Jul-06, 22:09

The house is called paremoremo and the sign is not up all the time as she does night shift, so she only puts the sign up when she is not sleeping through the day.

dirdyweeker
12-Jul-06, 22:36
The house is called paremoremo and the sign is not up all the time as she does night shift, so she only puts the sign up when she is not sleeping through the day.

but the fox got to her hens! No eggs at the moment.

connieb19
12-Jul-06, 22:38
but the fox got to her hens! No eggs at the moment.Hens don't lay Duck eggs though..:eek:

unicorn
12-Jul-06, 22:38
oh no that is horrible for her, foxes make a real mess :(

dirdyweeker
12-Jul-06, 22:39
Hens don't lay Duck eggs though..:eek:

birds then!

unicorn
12-Jul-06, 22:41
yeah but the stress will put all the birds off of laying.

engiebenjy
12-Jul-06, 23:04
I have got duck and goose eggs from Harrolds butchers in Thurso. I did have to wait a couple of weeks though 'cos they had to get them in and then take them through from the Wick store. They were f-a-b and the kids loved the goose ones! They certainly didn't need two of them.

unicorn
12-Jul-06, 23:07
I'll watch out for the goose eggs always fancied trying them :)

connieb19
12-Jul-06, 23:09
I'll watch out for the goose eggs always fancied trying them :)I've never tried a duck egg, are they much different from hens eggs? :confused

engiebenjy
12-Jul-06, 23:11
They are a bit richer than hen eggs, definitely tastier. Goose eggs tend to have huge yolks in them, very yummy on toast.

taylor.4
12-Jul-06, 23:23
I've never tried a duck egg, are they much different from hens eggs? :confusedOnce you've tried a duck egg you won't want a hens egg, their lovely poached or boiled:)

connieb19
12-Jul-06, 23:29
Once you've tried a duck egg you won't want a hens egg, their lovely poached or boiled:)The woman at Bower will be kept busy with all us orgers looking for eggs..lol:Razz

krieve
12-Jul-06, 23:37
I love duck eggs but you lot are making me very hungry[lol]

beetlecrusher
13-Jul-06, 08:06
Yes I've had duck eggs from the house in Bower, I think its Paramoremo. She takes the sign down when she's sleeping after a night shift. They are 75p for half a dozen and absolutely delicious.

Ricco
13-Jul-06, 08:08
Yes I've had duck eggs from the house in Bower, I think its Paramoremo. She takes the sign down when she's sleeping after a night shift. They are 75p for half a dozen and absolutely delicious.

75p for 6?? Don't bother with Tescos - they are more expensive.

Tattie B
21-Jul-06, 13:37
did anyone manage to get any duck eggs, after reading all this posts i want some too.

Bradcon
21-Jul-06, 16:10
Harrold's the Butchers in Wick get them in.