PDA

View Full Version : Vatersay Boys In Wick

tootz
28-Aug-10, 12:54
Just Wondering If Anyone Was At The Vatersay Boys Last Night In The Assembly Rooms? Was It Any Good? :D

pat
28-Aug-10, 14:45
If it wasn't good I cannot understand - they are mobbed over here and the place is heaving, all ages from bairns to great-grannies/grandads, all up there enjoying the music and dancing away.
Hope it was a very good night.

Big N Rich
28-Aug-10, 16:31
I didn't go as I thought it would run on quite late but expect it was good.

Green_not_greed
29-Aug-10, 11:56
The Vatersay Boys were good. Their Strip The Willow and a couple of other fast dances were excellent. I was a little disappointed that they played a lot of slow dances, though, but as there were many up dancing I was probably in the minority.

Here is a video of them doing the second Strip The Willow of the night. As most of the lights had been turned off, you can't see much, but you can certainly hear the playing.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNVYtT6gVH0

GNG

chef4celebrations
30-Aug-10, 11:13
i was at the dance, and it was a great night, they played most of the traditional dances, and the dance floor was full most of the night, i have been told by andy and micheal that they are back up for the last night of the MOD, so i cannot wait till i see them again, roll on september, lets hope the fundraising on friday night went well.

regards

C4C

annie bowyer
30-Aug-10, 13:09
Yes we all really enjoyed the night took 2 teenagers who even got up and danced. I admit to having a preference for the faster dances too but danced to the slow ones anyway....glad to hear they re coming back soon. We also enjoyed the visual puns- the buoys along the stage saying vatersay ....