PDA

View Full Version : Council Flower Beds

Lucy
12-Jul-06, 08:19
Firstly i would like to congratulate all those involved in giving our town another brilliant show of flowers in beds, baskets and tubs which are found all around the town.

i am however a bit confused as to why there is no "topical" flower bed at the top of the Kirk hill. There is usually a flower tribute to an aniversary or community group. Has no group put forward for a design this year? or is it yet another cut back from the council? My other half informs me that Thurso have a "topical" flower bed done so why not in Wick?:roll:

katarina
12-Jul-06, 09:00
We don't seem to have as many baskets as usual either. I'll have a look at kirk hill when i pass.

jay
12-Jul-06, 10:15
don't know about the rest of the county but I was down the riverside in Thurso at the weekend and flower beds in the park are mainly empty - what happened to the usual lovely displays of roses etc? it's usually a popular place for wedding pictures but won't be this year!

Scunner
12-Jul-06, 11:17
Could it be the council cutbacks having an effect on the flowers around the towns

Pepsi
12-Jul-06, 14:28
I have noticed that fletts from watten were watering the flower baskets in wick bridge street and and putting flower round the monument below the hospital. just wondering if they have the contract for it ?

The flower baskets are put up by the community council they may have given the contract to Fletts.