PDA

View Full Version : Wanna trade?

Tristan
12-Jul-06, 07:13
:cool: So a young man has managed to play a game from his childhood and trade a red paper clip he found on his desk for a three bed room house. (article below.)

From paper-clip to house, in 14 trades
Last Updated Fri, 07 Jul 2006 22:38:45 EDT
CBC News
A 26-year-old Montreal man appears to have succeeded in his quest to barter a single, red paper-clip all the way up to a house.

Kyle MacDonald makes friends with Alice Cooper. It took almost a year and 14 trades, but Kyle MacDonald has been offered a two-storey farmhouse in Kipling, Sask., for a paid role in a movie.
rest of article here:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/07/07/paperclip-house.html

I have a blue (virtual) paper clip. Anyone wanna trade?

mccaugm
12-Jul-06, 12:01
;) This will give Ebay a run for its money....good on the guy...initiative is a wonderful thing....

Actually I do need a blue paperclip - you can a learn French C.D or a packet of pocket tissues.,..LOL

Tristan
12-Jul-06, 13:05
;)
Actually I do need a blue paperclip - you can a learn French C.D or a packet of pocket tissues.,..LOL
I will take the packet of pocket tissues

I now have a (virtual) packet of pocket tissues. Anyone wanna trade?

canuck
12-Jul-06, 13:32
I will take the packet of pocket tissues

I now have a (virtual) packet of pocket tissues. Anyone wanna trade?

All those people looking for Caithness honey could surely use them to attend to their allergy symptoms. I need a tape measure if you can work your way to that level.

unicorn
12-Jul-06, 15:10
I feel a swap shop coming on beside the free forum!! I will give you a green pen for the tissues lol

changilass
12-Jul-06, 15:14
If you take on the above swap, I have half a bag of todler size nappies I am willing to swap for the green pen:D

Tristan
12-Jul-06, 15:22
I will take the green pen for tissues

I now have a green pen to swap

Tristan
12-Jul-06, 15:23
I am thinking about the nappies and I may still make a deal there but I still have

A green pen to swap

Billy Boy
12-Jul-06, 16:01
I am thinking about the nappies and I may still make a deal there but I still have

A green pen to swap

i'am looking for a green pen, i'll swap you with a used cotton bud

Elenna
12-Jul-06, 16:04
Ohhh...Saltire was just looking for a pen! I could use a nice green pen to keep him from nicking mine. I'll swap you a rainbow-coloured cube of notepaper for the pen. (They were "two for one", so I have one extra).

Tristan
12-Jul-06, 17:14
Ohhh...Saltire was just looking for a pen! I could use a nice green pen to keep him from nicking mine. I'll swap you a rainbow-coloured cube of notepaper for the pen. (They were "two for one", so I have one extra).

I will swap the rainbow-coloured cube of notepaper for the pen.

I now have a (virtual) rainbow-coloured cube of notepaper to swap

connieb19
12-Jul-06, 17:27
I will swap the rainbow-coloured cube of notepaper for the pen.

I now have a (virtual) rainbow-coloured cube of notepaper to swapI have a Nokia 6100 with sim card, hardly been used that I'll swap if you like!!:)

pedromcgrory
12-Jul-06, 18:37
got to iswap.co.uk

scrapydoo
12-Jul-06, 19:10
I will swap todays unread caithness courier ( also can be used to make your fire) for a nokia 6110 or anything considered. lol

Tristan
12-Jul-06, 20:59
I have a Nokia 6100 with sim card, hardly been used that I'll swap if you like!!:)

Done

I now have a Nokia 6100 WITH SIM CARD to swap

canuck
14-Jul-06, 18:35
I have just discovered a huge pile of firewood in my back garden. I'll swap it for a camera. I'll even include the delivery.

dirdyweeker
16-Jul-06, 19:02
Done

I now have a Nokia 6100 WITH SIM CARD to swap

How are you getting on with your swaps. Anywhere near the house yet?

canuck
16-Jul-06, 19:15
I have just discovered a huge pile of firewood in my back garden. I'll swap it for a camera. I'll even include the delivery.

Oops, that shows my technical illiteracy. I'll swap the delivered firewood for the "phone."

Tristan
16-Jul-06, 22:06
I will take the firewood with free delivery.
Good deal for me to get it across the pond.
I now have firewood with free delivery to swap (may be able to split items :}