PDA

View Full Version : Oooops washing problem

changilass
27-Aug-10, 11:08
One of the wires from a bra has gotten stuck inbetween the two drums in the washing machine.

Does anyone know how easy it is to get into the gubbins?

Failing that any idea who would fix it and how much it would cost please.

Thanks in advance for any info.

highlandglen
27-Aug-10, 11:13
On more moderm machines that have plastic tumble bars inside they slide either backwards or forwards to unclip from drum.
This gives you a letter box to get at the wire.
Worked on my machine.

changilass
27-Aug-10, 11:24
Thanks for the idea highlandglen, unfortunately its metal and the bars are part of the inner drum.

Thanks for the reply though and I will keep this in mind for future use if I have to replace the washer.

The Angel Of Death
27-Aug-10, 12:18
Check the drum carefully when this happened at my house a small part of the wire didnt go completly through the drum (it was that small it took ages to find and was almost missed) and was wrenched out with a pair of pliers

Beat Bug
27-Aug-10, 15:36
To avoid this happening again, get some bra washing bags. I got mine from Tesco. They also prevent the hooks catching on to anything else.

changilass
27-Aug-10, 17:30
Cheers Beat Bug will do, but its a bit like locking the stable door ........

Any one any ideas who would fix this problem and how much it would cost please?

Bazeye
27-Aug-10, 19:58
Look on the bright side. At least you werent wearing it at the time.

changilass
27-Aug-10, 19:59
I wouldnae fit in the machine lol.

tonkatojo
27-Aug-10, 21:18
Try carefully taking off the door seal rubber you should be able to see inside.
This worked for me for a similar wife cock up. LOL.

PS: don't forget to put the seal back.

changilass
27-Aug-10, 21:25
If I pull it out is it easy to get back in?

tonkatojo
27-Aug-10, 21:32
If I pull it out is it easy to get back in?

I take it your talking about the door seal Changi ;).

They are a replaceable thing when they split or leak, I found it easy when I did ours just watch how it comes off, and just take the bottom half off, then you can't go wrong.

Dadie
27-Aug-10, 21:36
If its any consolation underwired bras and 5ps are the main culprits in washing machine accidents!
I have washed a disposable nappy this week by accident (it was on a dolly so was clean) what a mess.
Hankies are another weakness in our house...
Or the washing turning funny coloured...or finding out that the program has been turned to 90 by someone small half way through washing woolies:eek:
Interested in getting the bra bags ... and one to stop the sock monster eating a sock or 2 ....:lol:

Beat Bug
27-Aug-10, 23:25
I have a large and a small mesh bag for small items and belts. Have had them for years, and wouldn't be without them. Great too for tights.

sandyr1
28-Aug-10, 02:56
Do people in Caithness/UK still wear Bras???
I thought they threw them out with the Woman's Lib!
Correct me if I am wrong......

poppett
28-Aug-10, 22:35
DIYnot.com is a brilliant forum. You post the question and get the answer back usually the same day. Hope this helps.

Alacam in Olrig Street Thurso will help you if all else fails, reasonable prices and a machine for hire whilst yours is in the workshop if required.