PDA

View Full Version : worked stop

ice box
11-Jul-06, 22:20
Is it me or as the work on the new heating project come to a halt ? don't say they have run out of money already . there been no work on the job for nearly a week now and there is big gapping hole plotted all over the pulteney side if you ask me there a accident waiting to happen.

2little2late
11-Jul-06, 22:26
Rumours that the contractors hadn't been paid is not true. There has been some internal disagreement within the contractors but all being well work should start again this week.

ice box
11-Jul-06, 22:40
Well lets hope the disagreement get sorted out soon .

chiccool
11-Jul-06, 23:34
It could be that the company doing the work are on holiday

pultneytooner
11-Jul-06, 23:36
I heard that the pot ran dry .

Let's hope the hot water disnae run dry.........

chiccool
11-Jul-06, 23:40
NO you just hope they dont run out of the whiskey:lol: [lol]

ice box
12-Jul-06, 17:26
Maybe pepsi can shed some light on whats the hold up .

ice box
12-Jul-06, 17:28
It could be that the company doing the work are on holiday
Surley not all of them the trades fortnight not to the end of the month

Pepsi
12-Jul-06, 22:48
Maybe pepsi can shed some light on whats the hold up .

Chap have paid I think it is Vital Heat who are the main contractor for the work completed. However Gunns and Henderson have not been paid what they expected from the main contractor. Something to do with extras. So it is the main contractor and sub that are in disagreement. Should be sorted and work started again by Monday - so here is hoping!!:D

chiccool
13-Jul-06, 02:25
Something to do with extras. So it is the main contractor and sub that are in disagreement. Should be sorted and work started again by Monday - so here is hoping!!:grin:
I think its to do with how much whiskey each man is to get per working hour ( or per drinking hour ) per day .

QUADBIKER
13-Jul-06, 21:40
Worked Stopped, Holes Left Open, Gas Pipes, Water Pipes Etc Left Bare. The Paths Are Blocked. This Is A Hazard To Parents Pushing Prams And A Right Inconvenience To The Traffic In Pultneytown. Pity Help It If There Is A Accident And Something Happens To These Pipes That Are Left Bare. I Have Even Chased Kids Out Of The Trenches That They Have Left. This Should Have Been Organised Properly From The Start Of The Contract Not Now Half Way Through When They Have All The Roads Lying Open. Wheres Our Dedicated Local Councillor Mrs Mcnab Now, Just A Few Weeks Ago Did She Not Put Her Name Forward As Being Involved With This Heating Scheme. Now Things Are Going Wrong She Is Nowhere To Be Seen.

willowbankbear
13-Jul-06, 21:42
Further up the page Quadbiker;) ;)

ice box
13-Jul-06, 21:46
Worked Stopped, Holes Left Open, Gas Pipes, Water Pipes Etc Left Bare. The Paths Are Blocked. This Is A Hazard To Parents Pushing Prams And A Right Inconvenience To The Traffic In Pultneytown. Pity Help It If There Is A Accident And Something Happens To These Pipes That Are Left Bare. I Have Even Chased Kids Out Of The Trenches That They Have Left. This Should Have Been Organised Properly From The Start Of The Contract Not Now Half Way Through When They Have All The Roads Lying Open. Wheres Our Dedicated Local Councillor Mrs Mcnab Now, Just A Few Weeks Ago Did She Not Put Her Name Forward As Being Involved With This Heating Scheme. Now Things Are Going Wrong She Is Nowhere To Be Seen.
Good point it's an accident waiting to happen i also heard that gunns wont be coming back to the job has they havent been paid . is this true pepsi ?

ice box
13-Jul-06, 21:49
Further up the page Quadbiker;) ;)
Looks like the councilor has done another runner .

Pepsi
13-Jul-06, 22:02
Looks like the councilor has done another runner .

What is that supposed to mean???

ice box
13-Jul-06, 22:07
What is that supposed to mean???
Meaning you were signed in then you were off .

2little2late
13-Jul-06, 22:12
Meaning you were signed in then you were off .

Doesn't mean it was anything to do with this thread though.

ice box
13-Jul-06, 22:13
It was a joke

Pepsi
13-Jul-06, 22:19
Was watching Bad Girls.

It should be sorted out and back on track by Monday. I have got on to CHAP about the state the roads have been left in and I will get back on to them again tomorrow and get them to try and sort out something for the weekend.

My involvement was in supporting getting the money in place but it is now run by CHAP and their manager is Alex Kenny. They manage and run it but I will get on to them again.

ice box
19-Jul-06, 15:47
So Pepsi what s the out come of the meeting you had this week ? will the work continue or is it come to another halt ?

chiccool
19-Jul-06, 15:55
Stoped work again because of the hot weather :cool:

QUADBIKER
19-Jul-06, 20:23
workmen returned on monday and tuesday, wednesday they are gone again. there are paths still dug up, there are some still with barriers round them, fair enough the roads have been done but this does not help pedestrians especially parents with prams, or children having to onto the road to get past barriers which can be dangerous. well pepsi when are the paths getting fixed? or does someone need to get hurt first. you stated on this thread you were only helping to get funding for this project but correct me if im wrong but is the p.p.p not partners in the project along with the council and the distillery. we are not asking for a lot just safe paths and roads for the public! or is it a case that the public do not matter as it seems to be that way. it seems a bit much since it has been about a month since they started digging.

caithnessboyagee
20-Jul-06, 16:23
The other day i was dropping someone off up murchy street and noticed that kids where playing in one of the holes . wonder what the health and safety would have to say to that . why is it taking so long to get the job done ?There seems to be holes dug up everywhere and yet not a workman in site surely they just cant take off and leave as is .