PDA

View Full Version : Jobcentre help with training ( ONLY IF YOU HAVE A JOB)

Alba.gu.brath
27-Aug-10, 01:39
I was told by the jobcentre that they could help provide me with funding to assist me in returning to work they asked me what i would like to do so i said that i would like to get a CPCS card for a 360 Excavator as i have a few thousand hours on them , jobcentre said fine , then they sent me a letter saying they can only help if i get the job before i get the Qualification needed for the job? How do i get a job without the Certificate to prove i can do the job ? Since then i have now been told by the Jobcentre it may be better if i go back to whare i used to live as there may be more jobs there .

davem
27-Aug-10, 07:00
I have heard of people getting training on the promise of a job with that qualification, that was 2 years ago - might be worth an ask.

S&LHEN
27-Aug-10, 07:39
Thats true they had told me the same. But I luckily had been offered work,Only problem was I couldnt get housed in the area of employment / near it :(

I have heard of people getting training on the promise of a job with that qualification, that was 2 years ago - might be worth an ask.

rob murray
27-Aug-10, 09:27
I was told by the jobcentre that they could help provide me with funding to assist me in returning to work they asked me what i would like to do so i said that i would like to get a CPCS card for a 360 Excavator as i have a few thousand hours on them , jobcentre said fine , then they sent me a letter saying they can only help if i get the job before i get the Qualification needed for the job? How do i get a job without the Certificate to prove i can do the job ? Since then i have now been told by the Jobcentre it may be better if i go back to whare i used to live as there may be more jobs there .

Some Training is available as paid for under a budget called Training for Work which is managed by Skills Development Scotland. If you want to clarify how you progress this option call SDS based in Thurso.