PDA

View Full Version : Monopoly is the best

mrlennie
26-Aug-10, 22:50
I think that monopoly is the best board game ever 2nd is chess what about you?

Tubthumper
26-Aug-10, 22:51
'Risk' always did it for me.

mrlennie
26-Aug-10, 22:54
ah risk was good but not king for me lol

Beat Bug
26-Aug-10, 23:18
Monolopy followed by Scrabble

Blarney
26-Aug-10, 23:31
Trivial Pursuit is my favourite with Scrabble runner up. However, there was another game I used to be quite addicted to but I can't remember the name of it. It was a board with lots of rows of holes and coloured pins that you had to guess the order and colours that your opponent had set for you. I think you got a black pin for the correct colour in the right order and a white pin for the right colour but in the wrong place. Over time you worked out a system to guess the sequence in the fewest moves but I've racked my brains and still haven't come up with the name. I hope that I've described it well enough for someone to know what I'm on about.

shazzap
26-Aug-10, 23:36
Never really been into board games. But if i had to pick one it would be Draughts.

mrlennie
26-Aug-10, 23:37
I do but i cant remember! :D Ever played othelo?

Battleships was another awesome game

mrlennie
26-Aug-10, 23:38
draughts is good

Mad1man
26-Aug-10, 23:52
Blarney - that was MASTERMIND - a great fun game. I loved Monopoly and its race course sequel Totopoly used to play it in the 60s with Granny and the rest of the clan. Great fun.

b3n
26-Aug-10, 23:55
Mastermind is the game you are talking about!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_(board_game)

snakes and ladders anyone?

Rheghead
27-Aug-10, 00:26
chess is best. there is no imitation:):)

Kodiak
27-Aug-10, 00:37
They have a new Monopoly out. In this game you have no Money and what you have is a credit card. You put it in the board and each time you pass go the £200 is credited to your card. Also if you land on property then the rent is taken from your card.

There are lots of other new things in the game and it looks good. You can get it at Tesco in Wick.

mrlennie
27-Aug-10, 00:41
sounds awesome :d

Kathy@watten
27-Aug-10, 14:22
Sorry all, I find ludo to be the best game, gets ruthless and very personal when played in our family, no prisoners taken in for the kill every time and much huffing and puffing if the dice won't land on the exact number you need! Shame we rarely play these games now unless there is a power cut....bring on the winter power cuts and get the lamps on and games and cards out...makes for good basic family time!

welsh-witch
27-Aug-10, 15:08
monopoly for me then draughts n thirdly ludo :Razz

joxville
27-Aug-10, 15:20
Scrabble, Monopoly and Risk, in that order.

Or when drunk you can't beat Twister, (naked/semi-naked of course). :)

Hoida
27-Aug-10, 16:02
Scrabble, Articulate and monopoly :lol:

riggerboy
27-Aug-10, 16:33
frustration was my fav followed by monopoly, buckaroo,, 5s and 3s, crib, as a child,

as an adult i like twister naked of course jox,,,, lol

Big N Rich
28-Aug-10, 16:24
Scrabble gets my vote

brandy
28-Aug-10, 18:03
omg my brothers and i would have a game of risk going for weeks! if for some reason we couldnt leave the board out we would take poloroid shots so we could set it back up! went so far as to make our own boards.. and play like USA risk, North carolina Risk, Burke County risk.. oh man is it fun when you know the area you are fighting for!

poppett
28-Aug-10, 22:30
Scrabble for me...............no cheating sheets tho.

Blarney
28-Aug-10, 22:41
Blarney - that was MASTERMIND - a great fun game. I loved Monopoly and its race course sequel Totopoly used to play it in the 60s with Granny and the rest of the clan. Great fun.
Thanks Mad1man and b3n that's exactly what it was! I wonder if I could hold of one now?

scorrie
28-Aug-10, 22:45
set it back up! went so far as to make our own boards.. and play like USA risk, North carolina Risk, Burke County risk.. oh man is it fun when you know the area you are fighting for!

Any truth in the rumour that a Bignold Park/Playing Fields special edition of Risk is about to hit the local stores? ;)

If not then perhaps a Wick Monopoly, complete with Community Chest and Chancer cards. Oops, you've just landed on Playing Fields, I've got a hotel and several houses on there, so that's £400 you owe me. Oops, you've just landed on Bignold Park, I've got a School on there, so that's £32 Million please!!

scorrie
28-Aug-10, 22:48
Thanks Mad1man and b3n that's exactly what it was! I wonder if I could hold of one now?

Yes:-

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-3737.aspx

upolian
28-Aug-10, 22:49
Crib is awesome! Poker is my 2nd fave:D

mrlennie
28-Aug-10, 22:56
pokers good though ive no clue what to do....all in!!!

Blarney
29-Aug-10, 13:09
Yes:-

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-3737.aspx

Thanks Scorrie, I feel a touch of retro entertainment coming on:D

crayola
29-Aug-10, 13:52
Strip snakes and ladders.

Climbing a ladder drinks a double voddie and sliding down a snake loses an item of clothing.

riggerboy
29-Aug-10, 13:58

Climbing a ladder drinks a double voddie and sliding down a snake loses an item of clothing.

here i like the sound of that game,,,

mrs rigger get the snakes and ladder oot o the attic,,

joxville
29-Aug-10, 16:38

What a brilliant idea, must try it sometime. :D

Tried repping you but have to spread it around first.

oldmarine
30-Aug-10, 00:03
I think that monopoly is the best board game ever 2nd is chess what about you?

Havn't played Monopoly since I was a youngster. In fact, I can't remember the last time I played any board game.

crayola
30-Aug-10, 00:10
What a brilliant idea, must try it sometime. :D

Tried repping you but have to spread it around first.
Thanks jox. :)

The voddies are as essential for removing inhibitions as the snakes are for removing clothes. What I never understood was how the blokies never lost. :confused

There was also a strip version of Contract Bridge but I don't understand the rules of bridge so I only ever played it once.

teddybear1873
30-Aug-10, 00:56
Crib is awesome! Poker is my 2nd fave:D

Crib can be a dangerous game. Seen a few OAP's in the past having fisty cuffs in the Comm and Legion lol.