PDA

View Full Version : Aquro Seal

kmahon2001
26-Aug-10, 15:38
Anyone heard of a company called Aquro Seal? They clean and seal roof tiles and slates etc with an anti fungicidal treatment. Apparently they've been around for 10 years or so. Are they any good?

mrlennie
26-Aug-10, 18:14
I think there was a similar thread on here a while back. A bit vague now but I think it was basically they do an ok job but your better getting a local lad. I think lol.

wickblast
26-Aug-10, 18:58
I think there was a similar thread on here a while back. A bit vague now but I think it was basically they do an ok job but your better getting a local lad. I think lol.
ask urself why r thay not working in own area. roag traders springs to mind people who use door knockers deserve to be taken for ride :D

Dunedin
26-Aug-10, 19:54
We've recently had an "experience" with one set of itinerant traders doing this kind of job (but trading under a different name).

See this press release from Trading Standards in Inverness

http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcouncil/news/newsreleases/2010/May/2010-05-10-02.htm

If you really need the work done then:

get a few quotes for comparison and make sure they are in writing on headed notepaper
make sure they give a cooling off period so you can cancel the contract before the work starts
check the company is genuine (does it have a website? do the details on the quote match up with those on their website?)
are they a member of a trade association? (check with the trade association directly if they claim they are)
what guarantees are they offering and is it backed by a trade association insurance policy (any reputable firm should be willing to show you an example of the guarantee)
don't be taken in by patter like "we're only in the area for a few days so you need to decide now!"
make sure you know how you are going to pay before the work starts - cash in hand jobs might be a tax dodge, insist on paying cheques to the company account and not to a private individual
insist on getting a receipt and all the paperwork you were promised before handing over the money
if in doubt, say no
Best idea would be get quotes from local firms who you know. At least you will have chance of tracking them down if the work isn't up to scratch.